The Student Room Group

Why do girls lead guys on ?

Well why ?

I see it often and its like the girl will talk to the guy end up flirting with him a lot and then she just stops and its like wtf ? Ive had it happen to me but I saw it coming as the things the girl was saying about herself seemed to good to be true but she would text and flirt with me. Then after just stopped.

My friend was talkng about this at uni and a girl kept asking him to walk her the bus station, but he said how the girl just wanted attention. But I dont get what is so good about attention from the one guy ? I understand if you have sex but its just seems the girl just want to flirt and tease the guy but no sex ??

Can someone please elaborate this concept ?

Im not generalising all girls I know a lot of girls dont do it and I could be just talking about a minority but im just talking about what ive seen and grew up with.
Reply 1
Sometimes girls do it without even realising and then when they realise they stop but if they're okay they carry on with it
Reply 2
Original post by Puresha
Sometimes girls do it without even realising and then when they realise they stop but if they're okay they carry on with it

But what about my two examples ? Surely they knew they were flirting ? But why carry on then just stop ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Low self esteem, easy attention, assume guys are easy and they probably are. The more messed up side of it is getting a kick out of being in the powerful position to reject the move that they themselves have caused. It's stupid don't fall for it :smile:
You can ask the exact same question the opposite way around, why do some guys lead girls on? And the answer with be the same.

It's simple, some people are *****.
Reply 5
Original post by IMBCFC
But what about my two examples ? Surely they knew they were flirting ? But why carry on then just stop ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

she probably realised she was catching feelings and got scared off? Or maybe she's just naturally really flirty and felt like you liked her and didnt want to lead you on anymore and stopped. Girls are very confusing
Reply 6
Original post by SophieSmall
You can ask the exact same question the opposite way around, why do some guys lead girls on? And the answer with be the same.

It's simple, some people are *****.

Yes but I guarantee you in most cases if it was a guy he wouldn't lead her on for attention he would do it for sex but if he realised the girl wouldn't have sex he would leave it. Yes guys can be pricks too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Puresha
she probably realised she was catching feelings and got scared off? Or maybe she's just naturally really flirty and felt like you liked her and didnt want to lead you on anymore and stopped. Girls are very confusing

Could be but I agree somewhat with the other guy. I think it would be more of the act of being powerful you know girl texts the guy he comes running, girl feels good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm a girl & i know i definitely get a rush out of leading guys on. i don't think it comes from insecurities or any sort of deep rooted complex; i don't feel better about myself after doing it, it's just fun & you get a kick out of it.
for the walking to a bus station scenario though, that does sound a bit needy :/
it's probably a bit of a power play - but in that way it could be paralleled to a male player who has fun jumping from one girl to another (apologies for heteronormativity but i'm massively stereotyping here) just as some dudes will go to a party with an aim of getting with X no. of girls in one night, we often do the same. it's really nothing ore than a bit of fun.
interesting to think about though
I lead on guys, I have so many guys I'm leading on at once right now, they are attracted to me in the first place so I decide to play along.

For me the reason why I lead them on and just flirt or tease them around a lot is because I find it fun, not in a cruel way but I just find it entertaining and i just get bored tbh, also I love attention and the attention they give. I'm fully confident with myself and not insecure or any of that nonsense

It's simply just fun, I get a hype out of it and it's nice to have attention and have many guys in the same room like you but none of the guys know that that many guys in the room like you at once.

But I won't lead them on so far that they ask me out or want to meet up with me outside personally one day, I do be cautious and I don't lead them on too far

Sooo yeah I hope that helped!
Original post by Unknown 1717
I lead on guys, I have so many guys I'm leading on at once right now, they are attracted to me in the first place so I decide to play along.

For me the reason why I lead them on and just flirt or tease them around a lot is because I find it fun, not in a cruel way but I just find it entertaining and i just get bored tbh, also I love attention and the attention they give. I'm fully confident with myself and not insecure or any of that nonsense

It's simply just fun, I get a hype out of it and it's nice to have attention and have many guys in the same room like you but none of the guys know that that many guys in the room like you at once.

But I won't lead them on so far that they ask me out or want to meet up with me outside personally one day, I do be cautious and I don't lead them on too far

I know someone who does this, you just like the attention right? It's fair to want that but do you be honest or upfront with them or do you wait a while to tell them the truth?
Original post by Unknown 1717

Didn't happen. But just so you know, this thread is 8 years old so please don't resurrect it.
Original post by AaronIsHere9
I know someone who does this, you just like the attention right? It's fair to want that but do you be honest or upfront with them or do you wait a while to tell them the truth?

Latest

Trending

Trending