The Student Room Group

what is going on here? helppp?

A guy came and sat at my table in the library today, he did ask first. For the first 10 minutes, it was an awful awkward silence, not to mention being constantly stared at by his three friends on the table opposite us. After that, a person we both know (more of his friend) came up and talked to me so i talked to her. He did joined in a lil bit but it was rather awkward. When she left, he started talking to me abit. Anyhow, it's like his friends are constantly disturbing him and at one point they asked him to look the camera and smile. I didn't know what to do so i just continue reading my book, it was so bloody awkward. That's about it. I don't know what should i do. How do i respond? I am an awkward mess myself and this is the first time a guy ever gave me any attention but i have this fear inside me telling me they are just fooling around with me? I am in uni btw.
Original post by Anonymous
A guy came and sat at my table in the library today, he did ask first. For the first 10 minutes, it was an awful awkward silence, not to mention being constantly stared at by his three friends on the table opposite us. After that, a person we both know (more of his friend) came up and talked to me so i talked to her. He did joined in a lil bit but it was rather awkward. When she left, he started talking to me abit. Anyhow, it's like his friends are constantly disturbing him and at one point they asked him to look the camera and smile. I didn't know what to do so i just continue reading my book, it was so bloody awkward. That's about it. I don't know what should i do. How do i respond? I am an awkward mess myself and this is the first time a guy ever gave me any attention but i have this fear inside me telling me they are just fooling around with me? I am in uni btw.

You could just get to know him more first, just start by having a casual conversation with him.

He likes you because his friends are 'aware' that he has something for you. He probably talked to them about you first and being 'immature' they decided the most akward way to approach you. He just wants to get to know you, he'll assume you're playing hard to get lol

Maybe he likes you, is shy and his friends are just *****?
Reply 4
:unimpressed: Sssshhhh!! Stop talking in the library!
Reply 5
Original post by Rock Fan
You could just get to know him more first, just start by having a casual conversation with him.

I really can't right now cause as i said, i am really awkward and shy especially when it comes to boys.

Original post by Mr.Econometrics
Maybe he likes you, is shy and his friends are just *****?

He doesn't seem like the shy type though.
I really can't right now cause as i said, i am really awkward and shy especially when it comes to boys.

He doesn't seem like the shy type though.

Every guy has that one girl that will forever make him feel shy, regardless of how they normally are.
Reply 7
I currently study in a college with a small student population and there's this guy who is not in my year but i do see him and his friends around everyday as the school compund is quite small. We never talked or smiled to each other before, i mostly ignored them. Anyway this continues for about 5 months and one day, when i was walking to class in the corridor, this guy and his friends were there too (just us basically). When i was near them, he came over and said good morning. As i am quite an awkward and shy person, i was basically shocked and so i just smiled at him and walked away.

A few days later, he came and sat with me at my table in the library. We then exchanged our names and talked a little bit with his friends sitting at the next table kidding around.

The next day, he saw me in the library bit didn't come over, but he did said hi <name>. As usual, i acted a little bit too awkward and said a quick hi. When i walked passed him again that day, he said hi <name> too and i basically acted the same way again.

I seriously don't know how should i feel about all these as i honestly have zero experience with guys. Some of my friends tell me he looks like he is interested but this inner coward in me telling me he is just kidding around with me? I am quite confused.
Reply 8
well if he was interested in you, wouldn't you think that he would say hi to you all the time and keep following you?
I currently study in a college with a small student population and there's this guy who is not in my year but i do see him and his friends around everyday as the school compund is quite small. We never talked or smiled to each other before, i mostly ignored them. Anyway this continues for about 5 months and one day, when i was walking to class in the corridor, this guy and his friends were there too (just us basically). When i was near them, he came over and said good morning. As i am quite an awkward and shy person, i was basically shocked and so i just smiled at him and walked away.

A few days later, he came and sat with me at my table in the library. We then exchanged our names and talked a little bit with his friends sitting at the next table kidding around.

The next day, he saw me in the library bit didn't come over, but he did said hi <name>. As usual, i acted a little bit too awkward and said a quick hi. When i walked passed him again that day, he said hi <name> too and i basically acted the same way again.

I seriously don't know how should i feel about all these as i honestly have zero experience with guys. Some of my friends tell me he looks like he is interested but this inner coward in me telling me he is just kidding around with me? I am quite confused.

Hi I have merged your thread into this one as you pretty much made the same thread yesterday :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending