The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
I don't think it's fair to say it means you have lack of faith.

I've to agree.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Wa alaykum salam akhi. How have you been? And hows uni? Are u 2nd or 3rd year

Yeah going good. 2nd year. :smile:

[video="youtube;FW7bWLC9K9E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW7bWLC9K9E[/video]
Yo famalams

Whats poppin? :tongue: havent been on here in agesss

Assalaamu 'alaykum sister, how've you been?!
Prophet Saw said : Whoever makes a show of his good deeds so that people will respect him, Allah Ta'ala will show what is truly in his heart.[sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Ali ibn abi Talib (RA) questioned regarding fate. He replied, "raise one foot,and after doing as he was told,he said,"now raise the other",which he was obviously not able to do so.The lesson was that some things we have control over,although Allah has knowledge of that also, but some things we have no control over.(destiny).Similarly,we can say that our partners are written for us but we have some level of choice....
How can you Despair? Despair is when you are not getting anywhere.Allah has said that He will never let any of our good deeds be lost.Quran says : And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury;- beneath them will be rivers flowing;- and they shall say: "Praise be to Allah, who hath guided us to this (felicity): never could we have found guidance, had it not been for the guidance of Allah: indeed it was the truth, that the messengers of our ... See moreLord brought unto us." And they shall hear the cry: "Behold! the garden before you! Ye have been made its inheritors, for your deeds (of righteousness)." (Quran 7 ; 43)
O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a faded shadow is sheer stupidity! Ibn Al-Qayyim
Original post by ash92:)
Assalaamu 'alaykum sister, how've you been?!

Alhamdulillah ive been good thanks! Life has just been really hectic. Started uni and now i hate my course (psychology) so thinking of dropping out and doing another degree.life as an adult is draining :frown:

You? Hows life treating you?

Original post by Iqbal007
Prophet Saw said : Whoever makes a show of his good deeds so that people will respect him, Allah Ta'ala will show what is truly in his heart.[sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Heyaaa ex-qm student :tongue: how are u
I love this hadith and its so true. Always be sincere people
Alhamdulillah ive been good thanks! Life has just been really hectic. Started uni and now i hate my course (psychology) so thinking of dropping out and doing another degree.life as an adult is draining :frown:

You? Hows life treating you?

Heyaaa ex-qm student :tongue: how are u
I love this hadith and its so true. Always be sincere people

Salaam,

Good, also check this out. All the big CW ISOCs are doing an event together this sunday :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/events/971729796188958/?fref=ts
Original post by Iqbal007
Salaam,

Good, also check this out. All the big CW ISOCs are doing an event together this sunday :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/events/971729796188958/?fref=ts

Nice. Im busy this weekem so cant make that :/ should be good tho 👌qm raised like 45k this year
Reply 1710
Arqam bin arqam (ra) - his home was the first meeting point for the early Muslims; the first place where Islam was taught to the collective.

BarakAllahu feeki, may He guide you to that which is best for you.

Alhmadulillah, as time goes on, the unreliability of the dunya becomes manifest, as does the fact that Allah ta'ala is ar-Rabb, and He alone is the One that we can always trust and seek help, guidance and good from.
(edited 9 years ago)
لَوْ أَنزَلْنَا هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنَ عَلَىٰ جَبَلٍ لَّرَأَيْتَهُ خَاشِعًا مُّتَصَدِّعًا مِّنْ خَشْيَةِ اللَّهِ وَتِلْكَ الْأَمْثَالُ نَضْرِبُهَا لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
Had We sent down this Quran on a mountain, you would certainly have seen it falling down, splitting asunder because of the fear of Allah, and We set forth these parables to men that they may reflect.
(Surah al-Hashr)
Topic of the Day:

Parables in the Quran and ahadeeth

مَثَلُهُمْ كَمَثَلِ الَّذِي اسْتَوْقَدَ نَارًا فَلَمَّا أَضَاءَتْ مَا حَوْلَهُ ذَهَبَ اللَّهُ بِنُورِهِمْ وَتَرَكَهُمْ فِي ظُلُمَاتٍ لَّا يُبْصِرُونَ
Their parable is like the parable of one who kindled a fire, but when it had illumined all around him, Allah took away their light, and left them in utter darkness-- they do not see.
(Surah al-Baqarah)
Another beautiful ayah from Surah al-Baqarah:

ثُمَّ قَسَتْ قُلُوبُكُم مِّن بَعْدِ ذَٰلِكَ فَهِيَ كَالْحِجَارَةِ أَوْ أَشَدُّ قَسْوَةً وَإِنَّ مِنَ الْحِجَارَةِ لَمَا يَتَفَجَّرُ مِنْهُ الْأَنْهَارُ وَإِنَّ مِنْهَا لَمَا يَشَّقَّقُ فَيَخْرُجُ مِنْهُ الْمَاءُ وَإِنَّ مِنْهَا لَمَا يَهْبِطُ مِنْ خَشْيَةِ اللَّهِ وَمَا اللَّهُ بِغَافِلٍ عَمَّا تَعْمَلُونَ
Then your hearts hardened after that, so that they were like rocks, rather worse in hardness; and surely there are some rocks from which streams burst forth, and surely there are some of them which split asunder so water issues out of them, and surely there are some of them which fall down for fear of Allah, and Allah is not at all heedless of what you do.
(Surah al-Baqarah)
Original post by HAnwar
I don't think it's fair to say it means you have lack of faith.

No I don't lack it entirely, though it's not as strong as it should be. I find to very hard to forgive people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ASalam Alaikum WaRahmatullah.
For the first time this morning I read surah Rum with the translation and subhanAllah it was mind blowing. Absolutely beautiful - a surah of sheer reflection.
Recommend you guys to read it insha'Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AsaalamuAlaykum

Hope you're all well :smile:

Surah Al-Hajj 22:73
O mankind! A parable has been made, so listen to it: Verily, those on whom you call besides Allah, cannot create a fly, even though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly snatches away a thing from them, they will have no power to release it from the fly. So weak are the seeker and the sought.

Ashes blown about by the wind
Surah Ibrahim 14:18

18. The parable of those who disbelieved in their Lord is that their works are as ashes, on which the wind blows furiously on a stormy day; they shall not be able to get aught of what they have earned. That is the straying, far away (from the right path).
A Parable for the Deeds of the Disbelievers
This is a parable that Allah has given for the deeds and actions of the disbelievers who worshipped others besides Him and rejected His Messengers, thus building their acts on groundless basis. Their actions vanished from them when they were most in need of their rewards. Allah said,
The parable of those who disbelieved in their Lord is that their works on the Day of Judgment, when they will seek their rewards from Allah the Exalted. They used to think that they had something, but they will find nothing, except what remains of ashes when a strong wind blows on it,
on a stormy day; They will not earn rewards for any of the good works they performed during this life, except what they can preserve of ashes during a day of strong wind.
Original post by kabuligirl
I've missed you too!! How's Saudi?

Im fine sis, how are you?

Alhamdulilah still awesome as always.
I'm good too alhamdulilah, what have you been up 2?

Latest

Trending

Trending