The Student Room Group

My experience of Tinder, Hand me a harpoon brahs :'(

So I got Tinder like 3 days ago cause I haven't had action in AGEs and i'm not in a situation where I'm meeting lots of new girls so to call it a drought is an understatement.

I uploaded a few pics where i'm looking relatively aesthetic and had something of a witty bio.

Got like 3 matches over the course of 4 days, 2 bots and a whale (im talking moby dick out here ) who tells me she had a bf after I engaged in some mild sexting (really :rolleyes:).

Hold me brahs :redface:

Why do girls actually use Tinder though ? Does it stem from the fact that they have an innate need for validation, I mean even the 10/10 models who you see on the app seem to actually need compliments and sexual propositions thrown at them to be able to survive, lost faith in girl kind.

They call it a hook up app ? lol biggest scam I ever heard, but have to commend them on their marketing skills. Half of the girls on there have something along the lines of 'If your looking for casual sex then don't even swipe me !' 'on here for the bantz' 'on here cos im bored '. Logic not even once, you come on a self proclaimed HOOK UP APP and come looking for some freaking ryan gosling who is going to father your children ?

It's full of girls who know perfectly well that hoards of thirsty guys are going to be matching them, and have the app for that exact reason. Probably about 10% of girls are on the app to actually meet guys and 5% actually want casual sex.

Girls complain when men approach them on the streets or in a club but this just proves they like it really.

Scroll to see replies

Your penultimate paragraph is the biggest reason girls get it.

Girls know they're in demand, even the ugly girls. Just gotta get used to it.
Reply 2
it's just an attention thing.
Brahs? Bantz? Is this how teenagers speak now?
wow this post is annoying
Reply 5
All Internet based hook up services are ****. Get to a bar, get someone pissed on drinks you've bought then and pray they want a shag like men have being doing for centuries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
are you ok in the mind
Reply 7
Original post by amylouisenic
it's just an attention thing.

That's the thing though, i'm genuinely worried about most teenage girls if they are THAT insecure that they need to live off the attention of thirsty guys via Tinder,Instagram, 'insert other abhorrent social portal here'. I think it's safe to say most guys on there actually wouldn't mind meeting a girl but it seems most girls are on it to support their frighteningly low self esteems,

Original post by james1211
All Internet based hook up services are ****. Get to a bar, get someone pissed on drinks you've bought then and pray they want a shag like men have being doing for centuries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a fail safe option but hearing all the **** about Tinder I hoped there was a way of meeting girls without wasting ridiculous amounts of time and money on poision.

Original post by Quantex
Brahs? Bantz? Is this how teenagers speak now?

Have you been living in a cave mate ? Do yourself a favour and go outside, language is constantly evolving and these colloquialisms are far from new.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
That's the thing though, i'm genuinely worried about most teenage girls if they are THAT insecure that they need to live off the attention of thirsty guys via Tinder,Instagram, 'insert other abhorrent social portal here'. I think it's safe to say most guys on there actually wouldn't mind meeting a girl but it seems most girls are on it to support their frighteningly low self esteems,

A lot of girls are insecure and have 'frighteningly low self esteem' because they're under so much pressure, they can't just be happy with who they are and so they use things like tinder/instagram/fb for validation. And it's really sad.
Reply 9
It's a fail safe option but hearing all the **** about Tinder I hoped there was a way of meeting girls without wasting ridiculous amounts of time and money on poision.

Of course you can hook up with girls via other methods but it's very far from guaranteed. Maybe you'd get something long term out of meeting girls other ways but that's just relying on luck to a large extent anyway.
Reply 10
you sound like a ****

no wonder you are struggling irl and on tinder

hth
Original post by amylouisenic
A lot of girls are insecure and have 'frighteningly low self esteem' because they're under so much pressure, they can't just be happy with who they are and so they use things like tinder/instagram/fb for validation. And it's really sad.

Is this the part where you blame mankind for wanting unrealistic women, because that's bs.

Also incase you haven't noticed men are also under ridiculous amounts of pressure, we ar expected to look like David Gandy, have the bank balance of Bill Gates and the height of Shaquille O'Neal with the witticisms of Oscar Wilde and the puns of Louis CK ( look at Riku to see what this can do to people). Most of us don't resort to these forms of validation though.

Original post by Pariah
you sound like a ****

no wonder you are struggling irl and on tinder

hth

Incase you haven't noticed jerks/********s/or whatever variant you were using tend to do well with girls irl, and for the record I have no problems in clubs etc and have practically pulled with my eyes closed.

Good try.
Is this the part where you blame mankind for wanting unrealistic women, because that's bs.

Also incase you haven't noticed men are also under ridiculous amounts of pressure, we ar expected to look like David Gandy, have the bank balance of Bill Gates and the height of Shaquille O'Neal with the witticisms of Oscar Wilde and the puns of Louis CK ( look at Riku to see what this can do to people). Most of us don't resort to these forms of validation though.

I don't understand why your response has gone on to address a point I didn't even mention?

Whether you like it or not, women are under pressure from unrealistic expectations, and most of this pressure comes from other women - not men.

I am well aware of the pressures that men feel too, but you started a thread about WOMEN.

edit: oh and trust me, a lot of men do resort to these types of validation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Girls who are in relationships and on Tinder, deserve to be single.

Girls complain when men approach them on the streets or in a club but this just proves they like it really.

Ummm no it doesn't at all. On Tinder you are not actually with the guy so any creepy behavihour doesn't really risk moving on to worse things. Also on Tinder you are actively looking for guys whereas in a club a lot of girls just go to have fun with their friends- which some guys who continue to approach them seem incapable of understanding. Also on the streets you're just trying to go about your life.
Reply 15
I had a go at Tinder, got some swipes I think, but no one wrote me back, so I gave up on it. The pool of people who swiped me was so small though that I couldn't do anything with it. Seemed like a waste of time.

Incase you haven't noticed jerks/********s/or whatever variant you were using tend to do well with girls irl, and for the record I have no problems in clubs etc and have practically pulled with my eyes closed.

Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Just saying :smile:

You can't really compare the two scenarios. On Tinder you can only talk to people when you're a match (I think? I don't actually have Tinder), so it's assumed that you're attracted to each other and that it's okay to talk.

Women on the street or in the club are minding their own business and the vast majority of the time they don't want to be approached by random men, especially not when they make it clear that they're not interested and the random men continue to harass them.
I had a girl send a moment with her ass followed by tits and her postcode requesting anyone to get down there to her empty house.

Also had way too many threesome requests.

But by and large tinder people don't seem to actually use it as a hook up app at all. They want to magically meet the one, and fall in love through their phone. Or something.

Anyway, if you want sex why not go on other websites that are explicitly for that? Tinder is not explicitly for that, and even if it were, it's been taken over by people who don't expect it to be a hook up app.

Maybe most people don't take any pleasure from having sex with a stranger. Also you don't seem to be using tinder right. What one does is "like" everyone, get an insane number of matches, then proceed.
So I got Tinder like 3 days ago cause I haven't had action in AGEs and i'm not in a situation where I'm meeting lots of new girls so to call it a drought is an understatement.

I uploaded a few pics where i'm looking relatively aesthetic and had something of a witty bio.

Got like 3 matches over the course of 4 days, 2 bots and a whale (im talking moby dick out here ) who tells me she had a bf after I engaged in some mild sexting (really :rolleyes:).

Hold me brahs :redface:

Why do girls actually use Tinder though ? Does it stem from the fact that they have an innate need for validation, I mean even the 10/10 models who you see on the app seem to actually need compliments and sexual propositions thrown at them to be able to survive, lost faith in girl kind.

They call it a hook up app ? lol biggest scam I ever heard, but have to commend them on their marketing skills. Half of the girls on there have something along the lines of 'If your looking for casual sex then don't even swipe me !' 'on here for the bantz' 'on here cos im bored '. Logic not even once, you come on a self proclaimed HOOK UP APP and come looking for some freaking ryan gosling who is going to father your children ?

It's full of girls who know perfectly well that hoards of thirsty guys are going to be matching them, and have the app for that exact reason. Probably about 10% of girls are on the app to actually meet guys and 5% actually want casual sex.

Just because girls say they're not up for a hook-up doesn't make it true.

Girls can't be seen to be touting for casual sex, it's just not socially acceptable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending