The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnaK45
Should you take a photocopy of your AS results sheet or should you not bother if they don't really look at AS? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just taking one of my AS Certificates. Don't think we'll need anything else for AS.
Original post by AnnaK45
Should you take a photocopy of your AS results sheet or should you not bother if they don't really look at AS? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need photocopies of all of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a re applicant so I already have my A levels (A*AA) and AS levels (AAAB) and I applied for notts last year but didn't even get an interview. My GCSEs are mostly A's but I have a few A*'s and my UKcat score is 2640 (last year I got 2720 but I know the overall average is much lower this year so idk) I don't think I'll get a place at notts this year but do you think I stand a chance of getting an interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by auberginedreams
I'm a re applicant so I already have my A levels (A*AA) and AS levels (AAAB) and I applied for notts last year but didn't even get an interview. My GCSEs are mostly A's but I have a few A*'s and my UKcat score is 2640 (last year I got 2720 but I know the overall average is much lower this year so idk) I don't think I'll get a place at notts this year but do you think I stand a chance of getting an interview?

Interview offering is up to April fool days if last year. Ur AS has B and UkCat is a bit low. Ur PS must be very great if u r invited. Hope all the best!
Original post by auberginedreams

R u local?
Reply 545
Original post by Simon@Simon
R u local?

I am fairly local and have heard nothing...what do you imply by your question if you don't mind me asking?

(As..AAA, A2 A achieved, 9A*( 1 point dropped) gcse, ukcat>3040..fairly evenly spread across all categories..lots of we and ec....growing quite concerned...
Hi guys,

I am an international student from Hong Kong currently studying the IB diploma. I received the invitation for interview from Nottingham earlier this week but my parents seem reluctant to let me fly to the UK for interview. Is there any other way that I can attend the interview? I personally would like to attend the interview on campus though, do you guys have any ideas that I can persuade my parents to let me go to the interview?

Thanks so much :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Irob
I am fairly local and have heard nothing...what do you imply by your question if you don't mind me asking?

(As..AAA, A2 A achieved, 9A*( 1 point dropped) gcse, ukcat>3040..fairly evenly spread across all categories..lots of we and ec....growing quite concerned...

Do you have a 4th AS level, as Nottingham require 4 unless you were not allowed to do this by your school, in which case the school need to confirm this (though they say they do not care about the grade)?
Reply 548
Sure...but I also have the A2 A grade sat at the same time as the other A/s..be a bit odd to be penalised
Original post by Irob

Look like ur very qualified for interview unless u badly screw up on ur PS.
Original post by Irob
Sure...but I also have the A2 A grade sat at the same time as the other A/s..be a bit odd to be penalised

It is not a problem. Interview is given out until April fool days. Wait, always good news comes.
Reply 551
Look like ur very qualified for interview unless u badly screw up on ur PS.

Why your statement re being local..ps v subjective...my other choices seem ok with it
R u local?

Does it matter?
Interview offering is up to April fool days if last year. Ur AS has B and UkCat is a bit low. Ur PS must be very great if u r invited. Hope all the best!

Hopefully :s-smilie: I've got an interview at Leicester but I know Nottingham interviews less people and is a bit more picky about their applicants
Reply 554
Hi guys, I'm a gap year student with my A-levels, I got A*AAAA, 8 A*'s 2A's and a B at GCSE, and 2770 at UKCAT. I have an offer from Imperial which I'll probably take tbh but Nottingham is the only place I haven't heard back from yet and I'd quite like to know if I'm going to be interviewed or rejected. Any idea how long I may be waiting for that? Thanks in advance :smile:
Anyone know roughly what time they start giving out post interview offers & rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulagirl15
Anyone know roughly what time they start giving out post interview offers & rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's anytime between February and March

Posted from TSR Mobile
no interview offer yet...i know to wait until april 1st..but cant ....tension is too much...
Reply 558
Original post by thegrasshopper
Hi guys,

I am an international student from Hong Kong currently studying the IB diploma. I received the invitation for interview from Nottingham earlier this week but my parents seem reluctant to let me fly to the UK for interview. Is there any other way that I can attend the interview? I personally would like to attend the interview on campus though, do you guys have any ideas that I can persuade my parents to let me go to the interview?

I'm an international applicant too (from India).
I am flying to England for my interview, but I think there is one in Malaysia as well. You should email them and ask!
Original post by thegrasshopper
Hi guys,

there is one girl in my year that is from India and she had her interview in Malaysia. I think if you email Nottingham saying its hard for you to fly to UK just for couple of hours they will arrange something. Alternatively, you can send them your portfolio if this option is still aaible for nonUK applicants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending