The Student Room Group

Disneyland Paris

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm going there for 3 days in March and I've never been before so if anyone could tell me what attractions and things to check out while there that would be great )
Posted from TSR Mobile

In my short 16 years the amount of times I've been is in the double digits. The Davy Crockett ranch is a bit further out than the other hotels and I'm not sure if there is bus access since I think most people take their own car. You can get fastpasses which make queue times for the most popular attractions substantially shorter but you can only have 1 per ticket at a time unless otherwise stated on the fastpass. As for food I recommend Walts on main street and the blue lagoon in adventureland which looks over the pirates of the carribean ride. In the studios im not as familiar with but there is a nice buffet restaurant that I can't remember the name of. The restaurants aren't cheap but I personally think there worth it. Attractions wise, I would personally make use of the extra park hours I believe you get and ride Big thunder mountain and Space Mountain during this time if possible and the Rock n Rollercoaster. Also souvenirs and ride pictures can really add up so maybe limit yourself on these if you are on a budget because trust me you can just get carried away with this if your not careful.
Hope you have a great time! ✈😆
PM me if you want to know anything else. I think I could probably answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by frances98
In my short 16 years the amount of times I've been is in the double digits. The Davy Crockett ranch is a bit further out than the other hotels and I'm not sure if there is bus access since I think most people take their own car. You can get fastpasses which make queue times for the most popular attractions substantially shorter but you can only have 1 per ticket at a time unless otherwise stated on the fastpass. As for food I recommend Walts on main street and the blue lagoon in adventureland which looks over the pirates of the carribean ride. In the studios im not as familiar with but there is a nice buffet restaurant that I can't remember the name of. The restaurants aren't cheap but I personally think there worth it. Attractions wise, I would personally make use of the extra park hours I believe you get and ride Big thunder mountain and Space Mountain during this time if possible and the Rock n Rollercoaster. Also souvenirs and ride pictures can really add up so maybe limit yourself on these if you are on a budget because trust me you can just get carried away with this if your not careful.
Hope you have a great time! ✈😆
PM me if you want to know anything else. I think I could probably answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for all your tips and advice! So excited to go :smile: yeah we are taking the car with us. We are driving from Scotland to France. Can't say I'm looking forward to the drive tbh! Stopping in at Belgium too after Disneyland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Frances98 mentioned about the ride photos being really expensive and they are, however if you're not overly fussed about getting the photo printed then you could download the "Disneyland Paris PhotoPass" app and basically what that does is it lets you download them to your phone =) From what I remember it's around 7 pounds for five digital photos =)
Original post by Jackieox
Frances98 mentioned about the ride photos being really expensive and they are, however if you're not overly fussed about getting the photo printed then you could download the "Disneyland Paris PhotoPass" app and basically what that does is it lets you download them to your phone =) From what I remember it's around 7 pounds for five digital photos =)

I didn't know they had that service now! That sounds great and probably a better option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Jackieox

Thanks for letting me know about that app. That sounds perfect! I prefer digital copies and then I can just print them out at home. Wish they had that option when I went to the Pleasure Beach last year cuz I spent a fortune on the printed pics there and you can't exactly go somewhere like that and not buy the embarrassing pics :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for letting me know about that app. That sounds perfect! I prefer digital copies and then I can just print them out at home. Wish they had that option when I went to the Pleasure Beach last year cuz I spent a fortune on the printed pics there and you can't exactly go somewhere like that and not buy the embarrassing pics :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Technically breaking the rules here... However, for most of the rides there's a spot before the actual exit which displays all the pictures, and there were never any staff there. I always just took a picture of that photo using my own camera xD Sure, the quality wasn't as good, but it was a lot cheaper. There were a lot of other people doing this too.
Reply 26
Original post by ZoeMaloey
Technically breaking the rules here... However, for most of the rides there's a spot before the actual exit which displays all the pictures, and there were never any staff there. I always just took a picture of that photo using my own camera xD Sure, the quality wasn't as good, but it was a lot cheaper. There were a lot of other people doing this too.

Haha good idea. I would do that but I want high quality pics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha good idea. I would do that but I want high quality pics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was gonna suggest this but didn't want to promote breaking the rules

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Are you allowed to wear Disney tops while in the park? I know adults aren't allowed to wear character costumes but are t shirts allowed? I have a Frozen one I was gonna wear.
Are you allowed to wear Disney tops while in the park? I know adults aren't allowed to wear character costumes but are t shirts allowed? I have a Frozen one I was gonna wear.

Yeah, tops are fine :smile: They just don't want small kids thinking that park guests are the characters :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by ZoeMaloey
Yeah, tops are fine :smile: They just don't want small kids thinking that park guests are the characters :smile:

Yeah I understand why they don't allow costumes, I would have loved to have walked around looking like a Disney princess though :tongue:
Yeah I understand why they don't allow costumes, I would have loved to have walked around looking like a Disney princess though :tongue:

I think sometimes they enforce it a bit too strictly though. I saw a video once (sorry, can't find the link) of some girls who were quite clearly not the characters, their costumes were just made themselves. They were still told to leave though :/

They can't stop you from 'disneybounding' (google It) its where your clothes are disney themed but not an actual costume

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
I downloaded the official Disneyland Paris app. I'm so excited to go :biggrin: just need to decide on whether to go via ferry or the euro tunnel as we are driving to France from Scotland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I downloaded the official Disneyland Paris app. I'm so excited to go :biggrin: just need to decide on whether to go via ferry or the euro tunnel as we are driving to France from Scotland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there a huge price difference? If not then go for the tunnel!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Is there a huge price difference? If not then go for the tunnel!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the ferry is about £30/40 cheaper but I would get there a lot quicker via the tunnel. Its already an 8 hour drive down to the tunnel and ferry port :eek: stopping over in Calias that night and then gonna do the 3 hour drive to Disneyland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the ferry is about £30/40 cheaper but I would get there a lot quicker via the tunnel. Its already an 8 hour drive down to the tunnel and ferry port :eek: stopping over in Calias that night and then gonna do the 3 hour drive to Disneyland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go with the ferry then! It'd be an experience 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nostalgia. I went to Disneyland Paris in 2005, and it was really significant for me, being my first proper visit to France despite being a francophile in my teens, and my first 'proper' experience on roller coasters. I enjoyed Space Mountain so much I rode it four times.

Was there the same day as the 21 July failed London bombings, but that's another story.
Reply 38
Go with the ferry then! It'd be an experience 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its been decided, we are definitely taking the ferry now :smile: I am really excited. Just hoping I don't get sea sick like I did last time I was on a boat!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by rockrunride
Nostalgia. I went to Disneyland Paris in 2005, and it was really significant for me, being my first proper visit to France despite being a francophile in my teens, and my first 'proper' experience on roller coasters. I enjoyed Space Mountain so much I rode it four times.

Was there the same day as the 21 July failed London bombings, but that's another story.

Heard really good things about Space Mountain. That seems to be an attraction that everyone recommends! Do you think 2 days is enough to see all of the park?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest