The Student Room Group

Cashing in ONE module. I will find you and kiss you if you help me.

So my friend wasn't allowed to take Maths so she is studying it separately.

She is only doing one module out of the 3 (AS, but 1/6 A Level) this year BUT she is doing the rest of the 5 modules next year to complete A Level Maths.

My question is... Does she cash in the module? Or can she cash in later? Is it even possible to cash in one module if you don't do the rest of the exams until later?

ALSO.... This is very important... If she does cash in then what code does she use? Does she use the AS code (8371) for Edexcel Maths or the A Level code (9371) for Maths even though it is a AS module - but she plans on studying the whole A Level....
Reply 1
Original post by Da Di Doo

She is only doing one module out of the 3 (AS, but 1/6 A Level) this year BUT she is doing the rest of the 5 modules next year to complete A Level Maths.

My question is... Does she cash in the module? Or can she cash in later? Is it even possible to cash in one module if you don't do the rest of the exams until later?

ALSO.... This is very important... If she does cash in then what code does she use? Does she use the AS code (8371) for Edexcel Maths or the A Level code (9371) for Maths even though it is a AS module - but she plans on studying the whole A Level....

Can't you just ask a teacher?
Reply 2
Original post by SH0405
Can't you just ask a teacher?

It's complicated why we can't ask but thank you for your reply on the same que, diff post.
Reply 3
It's complicated why we can't ask but thank you for your reply on the same que, diff post.

Was that sarcastic!? :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by SH0405
Was that sarcastic!? :tongue:

Lol no, sorry if it came across like that. I was in a rush.
Reply 5
Lol no, sorry if it came across like that. I was in a rush.

Haha, I thought it was! "Thanks A LOT"....."for answering the SAME question". :redface:
Reply 6

Cashing in does not apply to units, it is for whole qualifications only. When she has done 3 units that satisfy the requirements for AS Maths (e.g. C1, C2 & M1) she can cash it in (code 8371) and when she has completed 6 units that satisfy the requirements for A level Maths (e.g. C1, C2, C3, C4, M1 & M2) she can cash that in (9371).

It doesn't matter how many exam seasons the units are spread over (or how many exam centres), when you've completed enough to get an overall grade then you just ask the exams offiecr to cash it in.

p.s. Please don't kiss me.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest