The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welcometoib
in all honesty? you will be doing a summer at gs jpm or ms, whichever you like, next year, id choose two sws, if you find a month stressful. so do gs and ms, then you convert one or both, and that way you still get free time in easter :smile:

Don't listen to him. Do the whole month, better for your CV and you'll convert ms and gs to Summer anyway :biggrin:
Original post by TheBankinator
Don't listen to him. Do the whole month, better for your CV and you'll convert ms and gs to Summer anyway :biggrin:

You still need to pass the year to be able to convert and having a month of spring weeks could prevent her from doing well in her exams as she'd have no time to revise. It's no good doing a whole month if you can't pass everything. Just saying.
Original post by MathsNerd1
You still need to pass the year to be able to convert and having a month of spring weeks could prevent her from doing well in her exams as she'd have no time to revise. It's no good doing a whole month if you can't pass everything. Just saying.

You can work in the evenings, tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
You can work in the evenings, tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair point, although I thought you were encouraged to take part in networking and other activities?
wtf 10 min interview (including the qs I asked the interviewer) with BNP just ended. very standard competency questions. rumbled a bit as well.
Original post by smashzeJ
wtf 10 min interview (including the qs I asked the interviewer) with BNP just ended. very standard competency questions. rumbled a bit as well.

sounds good bro if so short :smile: when you gna hear back?
Original post by welcometoib
sounds good bro if so short :smile: when you gna hear back?

end of next week man, fingers crossed so much
Original post by smashzeJ

How long can you expect a response?

Good luck!
Original post by TheBankinator

who are you? Youve done nothing but post crap and useless posts on here, why mathsnerd or whatever hasn't banned you from this thread idk
Does the GS interview involve brain teasers? has anyone experienced that yet?
Okay, GS was very damn technical, loads of commerical, but thankfully no brainteasers. I think it went well though.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Fair point, although I thought you were encouraged to take part in networking and other activities?

Not every firm has them and they wouldn't be every night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Not every firm has them and they wouldn't be every night

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough
Original post by Purple_fox
Okay, GS was very damn technical, loads of commerical, but thankfully no brainteasers. I think it went well though.

How much did you talk about QE?
Original post by Purple_fox

What sort of technicals? What area did you apply too?
Should one expect technical questions for GS operations? Any tips for those? They don't provide any hints pre-interview so to speak..
Original post by Wowzerss
They said to me that I'll find out by friday. 2nd rounds are next week.

How did you interview go? Any hard technicals?

No hard technicals in the first round. Just one simple but tricky math question. HAS ANYBODY WHO HAD THE 1ST INTERVIEW THIS TUESDAY HEARD FROM GOLDMAN SACHS IBD YET???
NO!!! Did your interviewer tell you when we gonna hear back? Friday?

Original post by collegeboy7
No hard technicals in the first round. Just one simple but tricky math question. HAS ANYBODY WHO HAD THE 1ST INTERVIEW THIS TUESDAY HEARD FROM GOLDMAN SACHS IBD YET???
Original post by paradeplatz
NO!!! Did your interviewer tell you when we gonna hear back? Friday?

He said it can take up to 2 weeks but on the application website it says the 2nd round is gonna be on 26th. Does it say the same thing on yours?
Nope, but he mentioned that second round will be next week so I assume that we will be notified within the next 48hrs.

Original post by collegeboy7
He said it can take up to 2 weeks but on the application website it says the 2nd round is gonna be on 26th. Does it say the same thing on yours?

Latest

Trending

Trending