The Student Room Group

Can Unis change their offer?

Okay, so I'm applying to do Film Production at Bournemouth this year, and the offer they've given me is 320 UCAS points (ABB) with the A in Film Studies.
Problem is, I only got a low B in Film Studies at AS, 'cause I got an A in my coursework but a D in the exam due to our teacher essentially not telling about the film language and stuff we had to use to get more than a D. This grade at AS will make it pretty hard for me to get an A overall, so is there any way I can contact the university and perhaps persuade them to give me a lower contextual offer?
Original post by Moxley
Okay, so I'm applying to do Film Production at Bournemouth this year, and the offer they've given me is 320 UCAS points (ABB) with the A in Film Studies.
Problem is, I only got a low B in Film Studies at AS, 'cause I got an A in my coursework but a D in the exam due to our teacher essentially not telling about the film language and stuff we had to use to get more than a D. This grade at AS will make it pretty hard for me to get an A overall, so is there any way I can contact the university and perhaps persuade them to give me a lower contextual offer?

Even if you don't get the A it shouldnt be too much of an issue.
Many universities accept people who did not meet their offers. And for instance, if you get BBB they will still accept you (most likely)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moxley

Yes they can - but in this case it isn't very likely. They'll probably just ask what I'm about to: why don't you resit the exam?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Yes they can - but in this case it isn't very likely. They'll probably just ask what I'm about to: why don't you resit the exam?

That's a good point, and one that I hadn't really thought about for some reason. I'll email my teacher immediately and ask about the possibility of resitting. Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by Rickstahhh
Even if you don't get the A it shouldnt be too much of an issue.
Many universities accept people who did not meet their offers. And for instance, if you get BBB they will still accept you (most likely)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that's reassuring! Though I definitely still want to make sure by doing whatever possible to meet their offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending