The Student Room Group

Sleeping with a guy I don't find attractive

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Greg Jackson
cod damn women are so shallow lol. further proof that hair loss is a death sentence, looks like your bf is on his way to the norwood cemetary - RIP in peace

22 percent bodyfat brah who doesn't have problems with women checking in.

Can you imagine the uproar if this thread was about a man wanting his girl to loose fat and lift though, people would be calling him shallow, jerk etc but here are people telling her she doesn't respect herself.

Uwotm8.
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
I've been seeing him for nearly two months, and we've just started sleeping together. But he has a bit of a belly, not muscle definition at all and is also quite self conscious. When we were dating, we'd flirt a LOT and he acted so confident. But now in bed, I can tell he is very self conscious. Will only get intimate in the dark etc.

I enjoy his company but I don't think I'm attracted to him. I always say I think he's hot etc and it makes him happy. But I feel like I'm lying to him.

I have said things like "We should work out together" "Let's go jogging" etc because I work out everyday at home or in the gym. I'm not fitness model, but I like to take care of my body. He used to workout too, but he let himself go after some personal problems. Don't know how to tackle this problem. :frown:

What shall I do?

You sure he isn't a she. Because if you aint seen his bits you won't know.
I've been seeing him for nearly two months, and we've just started sleeping together. But he has a bit of a belly, not muscle definition at all and is also quite self conscious. When we were dating, we'd flirt a LOT and he acted so confident. But now in bed, I can tell he is very self conscious. Will only get intimate in the dark etc.

I enjoy his company but I don't think I'm attracted to him. I always say I think he's hot etc and it makes him happy. But I feel like I'm lying to him.

I have said things like "We should work out together" "Let's go jogging" etc because I work out everyday at home or in the gym. I'm not fitness model, but I like to take care of my body. He used to workout too, but he let himself go after some personal problems. Don't know how to tackle this problem. :frown:

What shall I do?

So basically he gets laid with an apparently "hot" girl whilst that girl moans about how she's not attracted to him... That guy is a G lmaoooo :biggrin::biggrin:

The joke is on you... Whatever you choose to do now, he wins either way :holmes:
Who is this guy...

...and how can I learn from him?
Original post by ParadiseFound

Can you imagine the uproar if this thread was about a man wanting his girl to loose fat and lift though, people would be calling him shallow, jerk etc but here are people telling her she doesn't respect herself.

Uwotm8.

Reluctantly I agree, there's some gender bias on here, possibly to mitigate the impact of the obvious sexist trolls.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MinionMogul
Have you not realisef TSR is biased against men because of the age group and modding? It takes extreme sexists to get a male perspective noticed.

dat dere feminist schooling/university institution
Original post by Rakas21
I don't think you need to dump him since you've not cheated and seem to still like everything else about him. I do think you should give him an ultimatum though.. he has 6 months to be the man you know he can be or you will seek a more desirable mate.

I hope he kicks her to the curb!
Original post by ParadiseFound

Uwotm8.

Bang on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gambit92
Where's your self respect?

Other way around. I'd ask someone where their self respect was if they stayed in a relationship with someone they didn't even find attractive.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Tbh if i was the guy and knew this i'd dump her ass in a second. Hermit myself for as long as it takes to become a sick shredded slaying machine. Then **** hotter girls and rub it in her face.

All that for one woman? You must really love her.
*Reads through comments* Ugh... *Leaves TSR*
Reply 51
Choose the option that will hurt him least. If that means telling him the truth now rather than later, so be it.

Opinion, also :smile:
Original post by tehFrance
I hope he kicks her to the curb!

WHY? What a nutjob.

Original post by Jammie_x
When you first start having sex with someone - they are nervous at first but the more times you sleep with someone then the more you grow confident and you do trust that person more so are willing to be yourself more. Tbh, I'm exactly the same lol. It's just cause you don't know each other that well...

I wouldn't say you wasn't attracted to him because I do actually think you are. You said you love his confidence and arrogance so you are attracted to his personality at least. I would keep trying to suggest to hm about gym etc. but perhaps he feels anxious after the surgery so something like that makes him feel out of place? It's a lot different for a man to go to the gym etc. then a woman. More expectations tbh etc. if it is really bothering you that much after a few weeks or so - then I would end it with him. It's not fair to lead him on and think there is something there when you don't think that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was nervous too, I've only ever been with one other guy and I was with him since I was 14.

I'll see how this goes, we'll be hanging out at his place this Friday evening. I do want this to work out because I like him as a person and I don't think I'm shallow enough to dump someone just because they're in a bad place at the moment and have let some things go. We all have rough times and this is one of his. Not sure why some loonies on this thread are making me out to be a cow. :rolleyes:

Original post by Greg Jackson
cod damn women are so shallow lol. further proof that hair loss is a death sentence, looks like your bf is on his way to the norwood cemetary - RIP in peace

Original post by Guy Secretan
Does he have a receding hairline. What so you don't think he is good looking either (as well as his body) also good for you regarding the blow. I don't really know what to suggest as I don't understand why you agreed to be with him if you knew you didn't find him attractive.

He doesn't really, I haven't noticed it that much. But once we were in the shower and he told me he was quite insecure about it and showed part of his hair which has thinned a bit. I found his confidence attractive, and now that he put it on, it does seem a bit misleading. But I also like the fact that he can open up to me and trusts me to tell me how he feels.

Original post by thePatron
How many inches doh?

I'm guessing around 8 :colondollar:
Give him a chance to get his confidence up. Sounds like his time out with surgery etc messed with his self esteem, and it can be a bit of a vicious circle. You said you're hot - this'll probably give him motivation to get in better shape. :P

I'm guessing around 8 :colondollar:

Is it really? What is he, black?
Is it really? What is he, black?

Asian! I was shocked!
Asian! I was shocked!

Asian as in Oriental or South East Asian
Asian as in Oriental or South East Asian

South East Asian
South East Asian

Well, that narrows it down alot, so basically you dont like him, or feel that you dont like him is because you are a racist!

There you go, ive help you realise this... :smile:

Throw some currency on the way out.. thank you come again.
Well, that narrows it down alot, so basically you dont like him, or feel that you dont like him is because you are a racist!

There you go, ive help you realise this... :smile:

Throw some currency on the way out.. thank you come again.

:lolwut: I'm south east asian.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending