The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Girls who don't shave their legs

Scroll to see replies

I must be among a tiny minority of males that don't actually mind a bit of leg hair on girls.
Wear trousers.
In the end it's just hair. Due to society hair on women has been associated with being unhygienic. Honestly, it's up to you what you are comfortable with. It's your body, it's your choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't see the issue with it. As someone who has body hair, I think it is hypocritical of me to then criticise someone else for having body hair.
Reply 44
Original post by majatheaztec
In the end it's just hair. Due to society hair on women has been associated with being unhygienic. Honestly, it's up to you what you are comfortable with. It's your body, it's your choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Re the hygiene thing, someone else seemed to be defending leg hair earlier on in the thread but added a caveat of 'if there's too much it can be unhygienic' or similar. What's going to happen? Are we going to run through grassy fields barelegged and have our long leg-hair pick up disease-transmitting ticks? Nope, don't get it.
Women should shave their legs, what I have seen in these images are abhorrent. Every woman I've felt up was shaved.
Original post by Snagprophet
Women should shave their legs, what I have seen in these images are abhorrent. Every woman I've felt up was shaved.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Women aren't obligated to shave their legs, just because they want to be felt up... How come men aren't obligated to shave their legs, because sometimes their fur is quite abhorrent...
Original post by Butterfly92xo
Hair is natural. Imagine ladies between the 40s and 70s, how hairy they must of been but was still seen as attractive. I shave my legs, but I haven't lately because I find that I feel colder if I do in the winter and as for the feminine side, I just do it to feel more hygienic. Its not 'gross' though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pubic hair yes.... leg hair.... not quite, we've had shaving for a very long time now.... at least since 3000BC.....

There's an urban myth that Gillette in the 1920's created the idea of women shaving their legs, but in reality the history of women shaving their legs goes back much further. However during the 1920's and WW2 stockings,seen as an alternative to shaving, started to fall out of popularity (for a variety of reasons) so sales of women razors were boosted.

A rather good southpark episode comments on how a lack of pubic hair on women used to be seen as weird, while these days pubic hair on women is often seen as weird or untidy or at the very least unattractive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ronove
Whether it technically is thicker or not is somewhat irrelevant when it absolutely can appear thicker/darker after shaving.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/adult-health/expert-answers/hair-removal/faq-20058427

It is absolutely relevant when dealing with a factual statement on the thickness of hair after shaving.
I don't think there's nothing wrong with that actually you must look beautiful
I shave my legs and I'm a guy. I do it because I'm very hairy and the hair gets gross.
If you don't want to shave then don't. Don't listen to society's bs norms and expectations. My girlfriend only shaves when we're going out etc. And she knows I don't care either way.

Latest

Trending

Trending