The Student Room Group

Do you like Stephen Fry?

Poll

Stephen Fry yay or nay?

I seem to be one of the few people that really dislikes the bloke, I can't quite put my finger on why I dislike him but I do find him rather pretentious. Whenever I mention this to people it's like I've just killed a kitten in front of them.

So what's everyone's thoughts national hero or meh?

Scroll to see replies

He's alright.
Original post by LickingCarpet
I seem to be one of the few people that really dislikes the bloke, I can't quite put my finger on why I dislike him but I do find him rather pretentious. Whenever I mention this to people it's like I've just killed a kitten in front of them.

Can't stand him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the same. Just find him annoying for the most part.
Reply 4
i looooooove him
Reply 5
Whenever I mention this to people it's like I've just killed a kitten in front of them.
Back it up with details of his academic record and criminal record. :cool:
I have mixed feelings about him. Sometimes he seems really pretentious but other times he's very funny and on-point. I think the main problem with Fry is that he's massively overexposed and has a lot of pseudo-intellectual fans who bum off him.
Would bang.
Original post by Simes
Back it up with details of his academic record and criminal record. :cool:

They aren't reasons as to why I dislike him though.
Reply 9
Original post by clh_hilary
Would bang.
Can't tell, you being serious?
Original post by Ebony19
Can't tell, you being serious?

Comeon... Obviously not.

Anyway, regarding the topic, yeah, I think he's just way too pretentious and very very arrogant.

Even though I agree with him on quite a few things he is not the best at delivering his ideas and he's also a bit too quick to mouth off about things too. Great narrator though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
Comeon... Obvious not.

Anyway, regarding the topic, yeah, I think he's just way too pretentious and very very arrogant.

Even though I agree with him on quite a few things he is not the best at delivering his ideas and he's also a bit too quick to mouth off about things too. Great narrator though.
unless your the same person posting with a different account...

I wouldn't be so sure... We'll see
Original post by Ebony19
unless your the same person posting with a different account...

I wouldn't be so sure... We'll see

The thought makes me :puke:

I wouldn't believe them even if they said they were being sincere :tongue:

It's more likely that they'de be trolling I think.
The thought makes me :puke:

I wouldn't believe them even if they said they were being sincere :tongue:

It's more likely that they'de be trolling I think.
I mean I agree with you but have you seen his fiancé??
Original post by Ebony19
I mean I agree with you but have you seen his fiancé??

Yes.

What of him?

:wink:
Yes.

What of him?

:wink:

He's a reasonably looking young (far too young for him) man. Apparently he says 'would bang' about him but...
Reply 16
I don't know him personally, but I'd rather hear about Stephen Fry, then some self absorbed thicko who is only famous "'cos dey is frum Essex or somfin"
Original post by Ebony19
He's a reasonably looking young (far too young for him) man. Apparently he says 'would bang' about him but...

Yeah, I don't get that tbh. Wouldn't like to comment further as its all hypothetical and really quite rude.
Peter Hitchens sums him up quite nicely (or not):

'Stephen Fry - A Stupid Person's Idea of What an Intelligent Person is Like'

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2012/04/stephen-fry-a-stupid-persons-idea-of-what-an-intelligent-person-is-like.html
he just got married!!!

Quick Reply

Latest