The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paradeplatz
Nope, but he mentioned that second round will be next week so I assume that we will be notified within the next 48hrs.

Fingers crossed!
Original post by Purple_fox
Okay, GS was very damn technical, loads of commerical, but thankfully no brainteasers. I think it went well though.

What kind of technical questions? I thought they said it's competency based... :frown:
Congrats on your JPM offer btw! :smile:
Original post by Purple_fox
JPM offer :biggrin: and gs interview in a bit, kind of bricking it, hope not many awful brainteasers.

Is that 3 or 4 offers now? I've lost count! At least you know all your hard work has been paying off :smile:
have BNP.P made any moves yet?
So GS are asking technicals now :frown:
CS vs Barclays, what's your pick? I'm definitely leaning towards Barclays, considering they fast-track everyone to interview for their Summer Internship.
Reply 5786
Original post by MaGeehkaal
So GS are asking technicals now :frown:

Can't be anything more than analysing something in the news with basic economics..
Original post by welcometoib
who are you? Youve done nothing but post crap and useless posts on here, why mathsnerd or whatever hasn't banned you from this thread idk

That's quite rude.. I was just giving advice, much the same as you were. Frankly, the language and tone you are using is more deserving of a ban if you ask me. "mathsnerd or whatever" is no way to refer to a moderator.

Original post by MathsNerd1
You still need to pass the year to be able to convert and having a month of spring weeks could prevent her from doing well in her exams as she'd have no time to revise. It's no good doing a whole month if you can't pass everything. Just saying.

Good point, although I remember it being quite hard to fail the first year (only 1 person in my degree) and she seems like quite an astute (purple fox) girl!
Anyone knows the dates for the Credit Suisse Spring Week? I've been made an offer
Original post by limpan142
CS vs Barclays, what's your pick? I'm definitely leaning towards Barclays, considering they fast-track everyone to interview for their Summer Internship.

Barclays is a quickly declining back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315
Can't be anything more than analysing something in the news with basic economics..

That's a joke/sarcasm? To be clear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mduran1
Anyone knows the dates for the Credit Suisse Spring Week? I've been made an offer

23-27 march and 13-17 april
Original post by tcoburn
have BNP.P made any moves yet?

They have started interviewing
Original post by CD315

Nah, GS are about that life. You will have to go through LBO models :lol:
Last minute citi tips anyone?
Reply 5795
Original post by Aenigma
That's a joke/sarcasm? To be clear

Posted from TSR Mobile

Based on my interview experiences so far, I'm not joking. How technical can a Spring Week interview for a non-finance/econ student get though? Especially given it's stated as being competency based.
Reply 5796
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Nah, GS are about that life. You will have to go through LBO models :lol:

Perhaps for IBD.
Reply 5797
Original post by welcometoib
Last minute citi tips anyone?

If it's first round CitiQuest then it's just competency, mine was basic
Original post by CD315
Based on my interview experiences so far, I'm not joking. How technical can a Spring Week interview for a non-finance/econ student get though? Especially given it's stated as being competency based.

As technical as the interviewer likes?
Lots if friends with GS sec spring week interviews got fairly tough technicals:
DCFs
Greeks
Derivs
ETFs
Bond maths
Explaining/coming up with option strategies
In depth option problems
Whether is stated as being competency based makes very litter difference but I suppose your naïveté is endearing. I wouldn't spread opinion as fact to other people in that way, though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315
If it's first round CitiQuest then it's just competency, mine was basic

no comm awareness? cheers

Latest

Trending

Trending