The Student Room Group

Why are most Girls so boring and conservative?

Scroll to see replies

Girls don't have to style themselves in that way to be different.
Likewise not all girls that aren't alternative are girly and love pink, they don't always wear the same things as almost every other girl etc etc.

For example, I like sport, I love my play station and spend a lot of time watching online streams as well as playing both Xbox and play station. I hate wearing heels and getting 'dolled up'. Most of the time I wear jeans, t'shirt, hoodie, trainers and a sock hat and Minimal make up (foundation and mascara). I also really enjoy doing outdoor things like off road driving etc, which isn't exactly boring.

Stop generalising all girls against 'alternative' girls.
Reply 41
People express their own individual style, girls with long natural coloured hair look like that because they want to look like that. Girls with short dyed hair and tattoos look like that because they want to look like that.
The clue really is in the word "alternative" style, as in alternative to mainstream style. The reason not many girls have this style is because it is, shockingly, alternative!
To tell a girl that she is "boring" and "a mainstream sheep" for looking natural is as small minded as telling a girl that she looks less attractive with a tattoo.
Original post by Blue_Mason

Tattoos
Poor hygiene

...oh dear.
Reply 43
I think you are just generalising girls. There are girls who look conservative, girly or 'boring' (in your words) who can also have really interesting opinions and personalities but there can also be boring looking girls who also have boring personalities.

Similarly, there can be alternative girls with short hair, piercings, tattoos etc who can be interesting but others who have dull personalities.

You can't just assume somebody's personality fits their look and if you do then you will go through life only speaking to the same people, which is boring.

And just for reference, I don't think experimenting with your sexuality and doing drugs makes you attractive or interesting, it just depends on personal preference.
Original post by Balloon Baboon
...oh dear.

What?
Dyed hair,tattoos, piercings and smoking do indeed correlate towards poor bodily hygiene.
What?
Dyed hair,tattoos, piercings and smoking do indeed correlate towards poor bodily hygiene.

Please explain.
Reply 46
Please explain.

Please explain.

Okay I will structure my response without trying to really cause offence.
But I have actually witnessed the correlation irl, I'd say the majority fit the stereotype.

Its like how you automatically associate a run down,deprived neighbourhood with constant crime
I see these women, and what I see is carelessness, self devalution and negative self pride.
Typical grown adult women who live like foreign students on a budget
I mean if you reek of nicotine, have red hair and a tattoo sleve then you're hardly going to care about personal hygiene,being rebeloius and that.
Okay I will structure my response without trying to really cause offence.
But I have actually witnessed the correlation irl, I'd say the majority fit the stereotype.

Its like how you automatically associate a run down,deprived neighbourhood with constant crime
I see these women, and what I see is carelessness, self devalution and negative self pride.
Typical grown adult women who live like foreign students on a budget
I mean if you reek of nicotine, have red hair and a tattoo sleve then you're hardly going to care about personal hygiene,being rebeloius and that.

I don't smoke nor do I have piercings.

However, I do have tattoos. Multiple, in fact. I brush my teeth twice daily, I shower twice daily. I wear body spray and aftershave. Clean shaven and I wear clean, washed clothes. I wash said clothes once they've been worn.

So, yeh. I must be a cesspitt.

[Edit] I'm guessing you don't have any tattoos. So naturally, you won't have any experience on the cleaning aspect of post tattoo or the fact that licenced and recommended tattoo shops are extremely clean!
(edited 9 years ago)
What a silly thread. I'm one of those "convetional and conservative" girls who always wears skirts and dresses. Yes I do have a very girly sense of style, yet my favourite subjects are Maths and Physics, and I hope to study Physics at university. There is more to a girl than what she wears, we have personalities.
I don't smoke nor do I have piercings.

However, I do have tattoos. Multiple, in fact. I brush my teeth twice daily, I shower twice daily. I wear body spray and aftershave. Clean shaven and I wear clean, washed clothes. I wash said clothes once they've been worn.

So, yeh. I must be a cesspitt.

[Edit] I'm guessing you don't have any tattoos. So naturally, you won't have any experience on the cleaning aspect of post tattoo or the fact that licenced and recommended tattoo shops are extremely clean!

But I have stated that if you fit the full description, then theyre higher chances that you have avoidable hygiene issues.
But I have stated that if you fit the full description, then theyre higher chances that you have avoidable hygiene issues.

Sorry, I can't agree with that. Do you have research to back what you're stating?
Sorry, I can't agree with that. Do you have research to back what you're stating?

Its a known stereotypes that punk or underground scene women have hygiene issues well the majority do.
Plus as I have stated before I have witnesses such a stereotype

Breasts aside, but I suspect she suffers from it too.
She probably smokes weed,has stained teeth and shares her bed with a furry drooling animal.
Its a known stereotypes that punk or underground scene women have hygiene issues well the majority do.

She probably smokes weed,has stained teeth and shares her bed with a furry drooling animal.

That's just your opinion. A stereotypical opinion.
please don't conform to stereotypes- especially as you are clearly way off
I agree that there are many conservative girls and its hard to find alternative ones but I mean more in the sense that most girls want marriage, kids and suburban life which is not what I'm looking for. Let people dress however they want, I don't care.
That's just your opinion. A stereotypical opinion.

http://www.quora.com/Does-being-punk-mean-sacrificing-personal-hygiene

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071003211333AAqbWkF

Stereotypes exsist for a reason.
Original post by HarryDn
It shows your individual? :colondollar:

who do you hang out with?

I hang around the clever people at school, the nicer type (dont drink, swear much etc)

Not the 'nerds' though, were just hard working I guess. But when i get home i dont have a social life, only people i hang around with :tongue:

Probably loves the attention she gets.

What I reaaaaallllyyyy hate about girls who take these kinds of pictures is when the freak out that they get randomers talking to them, asking for their pictures and talking dirty to them. how SLY of them?????

Oh im posting a half naked picture of my body/explicit picture of my body but Im certainly not showing you!! I mean Ive shown these millions (potentially) of people, why on earth would i want to show you? And if i be explicit what makes you think Im like this around you? surely nearly showing my boobs means i will not get int bed with anyone?

W.T.F

:confused::banghead::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Edit: I dont mean SLY as in I dont like it because they dont get involved or anything, I say sly because the give such strong impressions to men and act like they are the weird ones when it comes to the man communicating with her, whether its asking for pictures of being sexual/explicit with them.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest