The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ash92:)
قَوْلٌ مَّعْرُوفٌ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن صَدَقَةٍ يَتْبَعُهَا أَذًى وَاللَّهُ غَنِيٌّ حَلِيمٌ

Kind speech and forgiveness is better than charity followed by injury; and Allah is Self-sufficient, Forbearing.

(Surah al-Baqarah)

SubhaanAllah, I really should reflect on this ayah.

Just the attributes that Allah ta'ala used to describe Himself here are alone enough to provoke one to ponder.

Kind speech and forgiveness is declared to be what is superior.
To reinforce this, and make one reflect on his own self, and to do so in comparison to Allah ta'ala's sublimity, He uses وَاللَّهُ غَنِيٌّ حَلِيمٌ

- the first being the Self-sufficient, the One without any need

- the second being the Forbearing One, the one who - despite having full knowledge of the transgression of His servants, despite being fully aware of their intentions, despite being All-powerful, despite His kingdom encompassing the Heavens and the Earth, despite Him alone having the power to create them and destroy them, despite being the One who punishes and has full power and authority to do so - still refrains from expressing His wrath, still gives us opportunities to turn to Him, still favours mercy over anger.

When He, 'azza wa jall, is all of the aforementioned, when He is al-Haleem DESPITE being al-Ghaniyy - he is The Forbearing One despite having no need, especially not from man, no action of ours increasing nor decreasing His majesty and power - how can we not turn to forgiveness to others? How can we forget that we need Him and He turns to those who are humble? How can we not restrain ourselves? How can we not abstain from letting our anger manifest when He, ta'ala, who is Omnipotent, lets His mercy be dominant over His wrath?

Allahu Akbar. That's just some thoughts on 2 words in an ayah.

JazakAllahu khayran. Thank you thank you, subhanAllah I can't even describe what your comment has done to me. May Allah swt bless you endlessly subhanAllah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
JazakAllahu khayran. Thank you thank you, subhanAllah I can't even describe what your comment has done to me. May Allah swt bless you endlessly subhanAllah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen, wa iyyakum.

There's so much out there to experience from the Quran, so much that we overlook. That's what I have in mind when writing.
Sacrifices are tough, but when you do it for the Sake of Allah knowing that Allah’s reward awaits you, that makes it all the more worth it.
Ameen, wa iyyakum.

There's so much out there to experience from the Quran, so much that we overlook. That's what I have in mind when writing.

Indeed. You should write a blog about what you sent me perhaps. You can extend it a little, it's a beautiful reflection.:yy:
Or maybe you've written it already...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Indeed. You should write a blog about what you sent me perhaps. You can extend it a little, it's a beautiful reflection.:yy:
Or maybe you've written it already...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, I copy-pasta'd it to my notes. InshaAllah I will add to it and post at some point. Please pray that Allah ta'ala makes it easy for me to keep up with the site.
Hehe, I copy-pasta'd it to my notes. InshaAllah I will add to it and post at some point. Please pray that Allah ta'ala makes it easy for me to keep up with the site.

I copied it into my notes too lol! Insha'Allah, of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tennumbers

Just something funny :lol:

Haha good on him. I quite like Russell Brand.
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تُبْطِلُوا صَدَقَاتِكُم بِالْمَنِّ وَالْأَذَىٰ كَالَّذِي يُنفِقُ مَالَهُ رِئَاءَ النَّاسِ وَلَا يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۖ فَمَثَلُهُ كَمَثَلِ صَفْوَانٍ عَلَيْهِ تُرَابٌ فَأَصَابَهُ وَابِلٌ فَتَرَكَهُ صَلْدًا ۖ لَّا يَقْدِرُونَ عَلَىٰ شَيْءٍ مِّمَّا كَسَبُوا ۗ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْكَافِرِينَ
O you who have believed, do not invalidate your charities with reminders or injury as does one who spends his wealth [only] to be seen by the people and does not believe in Allah and the Last Day. His example is like that of a [large] smooth stone upon which is dust and is hit by a downpour that leaves it bare. They are unable [to keep] anything of what they have earned. And Allah does not guide the disbelieving people.

[Surah al-Baqarah]
Dont know if it was posted. But what an example regarding speaking good and staying away from bad speech.

أَلَمْ تَرَ كَيْفَ ضَرَبَ اللَّهُ مَثَلًا كَلِمَةً طَيِّبَةً كَشَجَرَةٍ طَيِّبَةٍ أَصْلُهَا ثَابِتٌ وَفَرْعُهَا فِي السَّمَاءِ

Sahih International
Have you not considered how Allah presents an example, [making] a good word like a good tree, whose root is firmly fixed and its branches [high] in the sky?

تُؤْتِي أُكُلَهَا كُلَّ حِينٍ بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهَا ۗ وَيَضْرِبُ اللَّهُ الْأَمْثَالَ لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ

Sahih International
It produces its fruit all the time, by permission of its Lord. And Allah presents examples for the people that perhaps they will be reminded.

Speaking good always produces good and is firmly rooted and flourishes.

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Shuraih al-Khuzai' that the Prophet (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) observed:

He who believes in Allah and the Last Day should do good to his neighbour and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to the guest and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should either speak good or better remain silent.

Sahih Muslim 48
(edited 9 years ago)

It's funny how some can totally ignore you but reply to others. And I thought all Muslims Forgive and Forget
Original post by kabuligirl
Aw inshallah, enjoy yourself :smile:.

Yeah I can but I'm busy atm so I don't have much time. But I will whenever I'm free inshallah :biggrin:

I'm guessing you're from Afghanistan... Don't know much about it... Had Afghani friends and i absolutely love mantoo :-D
Original post by Incredible97

It's funny how some can totally ignore you but reply to others. And I thought all Muslims Forgive and Forget

Salaam Yalda jaan
I know what you mean
Original post by ttaylor17
I'm guessing you're from Afghanistan... Don't know much about it... Had Afghani friends and i absolutely love mantoo :-D

Yeah they're delicious. I should tell Mum to make some tomorrow insha'Allah
I miss eating them
Reply 1756

:yy: Assalaamu Alaikum hope you are well and everyone else! :smile:
Original post by Mary562
Salaam Yalda jaan
I know what you mean

WalikumAsalaam Maryam Jaan
Thanks for understanding me
Original post by ko111
:yy: Assalaamu Alaikum hope you are well and everyone else! :smile:

WalaikumAsalaam Ko
Im good alhamdullilah and hope you are well to! :smile:
Reply 1759
WalaikumAsalaam Ko
Im good alhamdullilah and hope you are well to! :smile:

That's great! Alhamdulillah i am well too!

Latest

Trending

Trending