The Student Room Group

A girl keeps denying that she likes me

So there is this girl who I want to date, but every time a I ask she said she is not interest in relationships, as they are waste of time.

I know she likes me (quick list here)
- my friend told me that she kept on looking at me when we were sat at lunch together
- She is really jealous of this girl who liked me. She kept on asking about her all the time. She even points her out when she she her around the corridors, and I dont even notice her.
-she will wake me up in the morning( I have been very close with girls who have only seen me as a friend and they never did this).

- so the thing is I know she likes me, our mutual friends agree. One of them went to her last week and said that I liked her, she then said it is going to be awkward. But she is contradicting herself. becuase long before I liked her, she made up a text, saying that I said to her I liked her and she did not find it awkward. I just said I dont remember saying this and talked about something else.

what can I do, why cant this girl admit her true feelings?

Scroll to see replies

Have you ever thought that maybe she doesn't like you?
I think you are the one in denial.
Reply 3
Original post by SophieSmall
Have you ever thought that maybe she doesn't like you?

Original post by Phoebe Buffay
I think you are the one in denial.

I know she likes me, why else would she keep looking at me and asking about the other girl who liked me.
and why did she make up that I said to her I liked her the start. I only like her now
Original post by apple1992
I know she likes me, why else would she keep looking at me and asking about the other girl who liked me.
and why did she make up that I said to her I liked her the start. I only like her now

Maybe she fancies the girl who liked you haha

Because you're her friend? Or because she just has a tendency to look at people? I sometimes stare at people a bit longer than usual, doesn't mean I like them. And she might ask about other girls because she is nosey or maybe she likes to gossip. And I don't know, sometimes people just do stupid **** for various reasons such as for attention (not necessarily affectionate attention).

If she liked you she would have accepted your invitation to go out.
Reply 6
Maybe she fancies the girl who liked you haha

haha, no I did mention this once as a joke.
blew into a massive argument,
Reply 7
Because you're her friend? Or because she just has a tendency to look at people? I sometimes stare at people a bit longer than usual, doesn't mean I like them. And she might ask about other girls because she is nosey or maybe she likes to gossip. And I don't know, sometimes people just do stupid **** for various reasons such as for attention (not necessarily affectionate attention).

If she liked you she would have accepted your invitation to go out.

No she only asked about the one girl who liked me. Not other girls who I am friends with.

With the looking thing, its not strating, she just looks up, for like a 1 sec of eye contact and she looks away.

well she has never had a BF, this is what she told me, becuase she feels they are a waste of time.
No she only asked about the one girl who liked me. Not other girls who I am friends with.

With the looking thing, its not strating, she just looks up, for like a 1 sec of eye contact and she looks away.

well she has never had a BF, this is what she told me, because she feels they are a waste of time.

Like the poster above maybe she likes that girl herself, or maybe she thinks you can do better, or again maybe she is just nosey.

And so? Big deal that's nothing, I look up at people and look away from them all the time, doesn't mean I like them all.

Seriously she doesn't like you, give up and move on or you're going to start coming across as very creepy and very entitled...you're already getting there to be honest.

Yeah maybe she does feel they are a waste of time, so move on. She doesn't want to be with you.
Reply 9
Like the poster above maybe she likes that girl herself, or maybe she thinks you can do better, or again maybe she is just nosey.

And so? Big deal that's nothing, I look up at people and look away from them all the time, doesn't mean I like them all.

Seriously she doesn't like you, give up and move on or you're going to start coming across as very creepy and very entitled...you're already getting there to be honest.

Yeah maybe she does feel they are a waste of time, so move on. She doesn't want to be with you.

no i asked if she liked that girl as a joke, then it turned into an argument that she is straight.

okay true.
why did she make up, that i liked her right at the start when i first met the girl who liked me?
no i asked if she liked that girl as a joke, then it turned into an argument that she is straight.

okay true.
why did she make up, that i liked her right at the start when i first met the girl who liked me?

Ok if what you're saying is true my advice would be to take a step back. Don't mention it to her. Wait for her to come to you and then reel her in.

okay true.

Oh my god, I don't know. I'm not her, only she knows. Ask her, but she'll just deny it so it's pointless so move on. Jesus Christ.
Reply 12
Ok if what you're saying is true my advice would be to take a step back. Don't mention it to her. Wait for her to come to you and then reel her in.

yes it is true.

The thing is I did back up. I basically said that I am going to talk to her everyday during the holidays. I did not do this and after 5 days she started talking to me asking why I am not texting her.

Then I said "I miss you" andshe replied"do you actually or are you joking" to which inthe end she said" she"missed me"
yes it is true.

The thing is I did back up. I basically said that I am going to talk to her everyday during the holidays. I did not do this and after 5 days she started talking to me asking why I am not texting her.

Then I said "I miss you" andshe replied"do you actually or are you joking" to which inthe end she said" she"missed me"

I wouldn't have said ' I miss you' as you did - it looks a bit needy.
Reply 14
I wouldn't have said ' I miss you' as you did - it looks a bit needy.

i was as a joke tbh, and she knew that.
It may be prudent to just let her go if shes so conflicted. The worst thing you can do is be forceful and make her come to some kind of conclusive decision. That will make her hate you instantly. This is one of those two way street type situations. Sure you like her and admit it but she may like you and hasnt admitted it. This is a situation where you have to leave it to time really, youll have to wait until she feels shes ready. My advice, continue to be friendly with her for a while but if too much time passes and she doesnt make any kind of advances, its best you abandon your pursuit because its not going to happen to put it in simple terms.
Maybe she just likes the attention you give her? You should back off it's obviously not going anywhere and it's not worth your time
Reply 17

my friend told me that she kept on looking at me when we were sat at lunch together

Maybe your table manners were genuinely disgusting and she was just glaring at you so you'd get the hint?
Reply 18
Original post by Ozark
Maybe your table manners were genuinely disgusting and she was just glaring at you so you'd get the hint?

We had already done eating. I was just reading a book.
Original post by Ozark

Ah this is another possibility, I find myself staring at loud eaters sometimes as I find it so distracting and horrible, literally can't help it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending