The Student Room Group

GCSE English

I need to write a essay on a busy airport terminal, I want at least a B in it. It needs sophiscated words and has to be in third person+present tense:smile:
Original post by PrincessAisha
I need to write a essay on a busy airport terminal, I want at least a B in it. It needs sophiscated words and has to be in third person+present tense:smile:

What kind of help/advice are you looking for?
Original post by l'insegnante
What kind of help/advice are you looking for?

ohh I need help starting it and how I can use sophiscated language and my spellings have gone really bad and do u have anything I could improve my spellings just before doing GCSE's . I used to have do great spellings but I dont understand why it has gone bad now
ohh I need help starting it and how I can use sophiscated language and my spellings have gone really bad and do u have anything I could improve my spellings just before doing GCSE's . I used to have do great spellings but I dont understand why it has gone bad now

There is books you can get which are purposely constructed to develop spelling, punctuation and grammar skills. If you look on amazon I'm sure you could find one that suits your needs.

As for using sophisticated language, it's best not to try too hard using big words etc. I have marked essays where pupils have attempted this and it doesn't read well as they have not fully understood the context of the words being used.

Back to the essay.
Have you thought of a general structure yet or points you would like to make?
There is books you can get which are purposely constructed to develop spelling, punctuation and grammar skills. If you look on amazon I'm sure you could find one that suits your needs.

As for using sophisticated language, it's best not to try too hard using big words etc. I have marked essays where pupils have attempted this and it doesn't read well as they have not fully understood the context of the words being used.

Back to the essay.
Have you thought of a general structure yet or points you would like to make?

I would like to start it by describing the surroundings first and then zoom in on people who are getting ready or doing something that shows that they are frustated
I would like to start it by describing the surroundings first and then zoom in on people who are getting ready or doing something that shows that they are frustated

Why don't you use google images to get a picture of an airport terminal and brainstorm the different things you see. From this you can then turn the points you made in the brainstorm into sentences that describe the airport terminal.

You could then go onto describe the happiness or frustration of holiday makers making their way through the crowds to get where they need to be.

Next, you could describe how the staff feel during the business, having to deal with the costumers, some of whom could be difficult to deal with.
Why don't you use google images to get a picture of an airport terminal and brainstorm the different things you see. From this you can then turn the points you made in the brainstorm into sentences that describe the airport terminal.

You could then go onto describe the happiness or frustration of holiday makers making their way through the crowds to get where they need to be.

Next, you could describe how the staff feel during the business, having to deal with the costumers, some of whom could be difficult to deal
with.

Oh okay, thanks for all this help and it is really helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending