The Student Room Group

A-levels -HELP!!!

It's January and i'm freaking out about AS-Levels in the summer. I keep getting U's,E's and D's. I'm aiming for A in Maths A in Physics A in Chemistry and B in History. Is it still possible for me to get these grades and how?!?! plz help!!
I can only really help with maths as it's the only one I do. For maths it's really important that you understand every topic. If it's edexcel the textbooks are quite helpful and have loads of example questions. The most important thing I would say is do every past paper. A good website is mathspaper.co.uk had them all on there. You don't need to do all the old ones though. What you will find with maths is that similar styles of questions come every year so it is all about exam technique and knowing how to answer the question. Our school set us challenging targets for past paper we had to do a past paper each week for each module until we had done the all twice but I think it really helps. With all your subjects just make sure you don't panic and stress too much. I did that last year and I spent so much time worrying about the exams when I should have been revising. Just stay calm make the most of any spare time and frees you have but make sure you have breaks too. Just plan you revision well and getting practicing the past papers and I am sure you will be fine! What maths exam board are you on?
Same for chemistry. I'd suggest doing loads of past papers too. After a while you'll see that the questions just repeat themselves in different ways. Hope this helps. Oh and even if you're getting not so good grades now that doesn't mean you'll do badly in the summer. Why don't you look through work you've done and see how you can improve
Reply 3
Original post by Elliemay97
I can only really help with maths as it's the only one I do. For maths it's really important that you understand every topic. If it's edexcel the textbooks are quite helpful and have loads of example questions. The most important thing I would say is do every past paper. A good website is mathspaper.co.uk had them all on there. You don't need to do all the old ones though. What you will find with maths is that similar styles of questions come every year so it is all about exam technique and knowing how to answer the question. Our school set us challenging targets for past paper we had to do a past paper each week for each module until we had done the all twice but I think it really helps. With all your subjects just make sure you don't panic and stress too much. I did that last year and I spent so much time worrying about the exams when I should have been revising. Just stay calm make the most of any spare time and frees you have but make sure you have breaks too. Just plan you revision well and getting practicing the past papers and I am sure you will be fine! What maths exam board are you on?

I'm on Edexcel too
Reply 4
Original post by clearwater98
Same for chemistry. I'd suggest doing loads of past papers too. After a while you'll see that the questions just repeat themselves in different ways. Hope this helps. Oh and even if you're getting not so good grades now that doesn't mean you'll do badly in the summer. Why don't you look through work you've done and see how you can improve

Thank you very much for reassuring me

Quick Reply