The Student Room Group

Boosting up grades

My estimated grades for GCSEs are 1A and 9Bs. Is it possible to boost those grades to As and A*s, if so, how?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saj5677
My estimated grades for GCSEs are 1A and 9Bs. Is it possible to boost those grades to As and A*s, if so, how?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Work harder. Never stop studying. If you stop, you will never get more than 1 A and you will be a failure.

(Obviously a joke, ask your teachers how you could improve, they usually are in the best position to help you as they know what holds you back from getting the A's)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Saj5677
Posted from TSR Mobile

Honest to God, work really hard and you will get there. Attend any after school classes as they will help you for sure!
You will definitely get A's if you work hard! Especially for maths attend after school classes for sure!
Reply 3
Original post by star80
Honest to God, work really hard and you will get there. Attend any after school classes as they will help you for sure!
You will definitely get A's if you work hard! Especially for maths attend after school classes for sure!

Thanks, maths isnt the problem its really English, Geog and Sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Mr.Econometrics
Work harder. Never stop studying. If you stop, you will never get more than 1 A and you will be a failure.

(Obviously a joke, ask your teachers how you could improve, they usually are in the best position to help you as they know what holds you back from getting the A's)

Thanks I really want to get my As in science and geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saj5677
Thanks I really want to get my As in science and geography

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the best :wink:
Original post by Saj5677
Thanks, maths isnt the problem its really English, Geog and Sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile

Science cgp booka are the best
Reply 7
Seriously follow this tip: study two hours a day. If you can gnaw and tear your way through that you'll get pretty good grades. I got 1 A*, 7A and 2B in my GCSE's, and that is what I did. It was painful, but hey, it worked out in the end. Sense of pride and what not.
Hi - I've quoted everyone from this thread in as I've got a new competition which you may like to participate in - with prizes for the winners!

The 'Grow your Grades' competition! All the details on how to enter are explained
in this forum! - the competition is there for you to show off your improvements from your mock grades to your real grades in the summer, and it'll be a lot of fun!

If you know of anyone else that'd be interested, get them to take part too!

Brought to you by tm, the official smiley of the Grow your Grades contest.

Spoiler

Original post by mobbsy91
Hi - I've quoted everyone from this thread in as I've got a new competition which you may like to participate in - with prizes for the winners!I

The 'Grow your Grades' competition! All the details on how to enter are explained
in this forum! - the competition is there for you to show off your improvements from your mock grades to your real grades in the summer, and it'll be a lot of fun!

If you know of anyone else that'd be interested, get them to take part too!

Brought to you by tm, the official smiley of the Grow your Grades contest.

Spoiler

I was predicted 2 a grades in biology and chemistry I ended up getting 5a 3b 2c not great cos I got a c in maths bup school wasn't great
Original post by star80
I was predicted 2 a grades in biology and chemistry I ended up getting 5a 3b 2c not great cos I got a c in maths bup school wasn't great

Well, those grades aren't a disaster and you can definitely improve them! Increasing your maths grade would be a great goal to set out in the Grow your grades comp!
Reply 11
How do i boost my grade in English Language
Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, those grades aren't a disaster and you can definitely improve them! Increasing your maths grade would be a great goal to set out in the Grow your grades comp!

but im doing as level now and its not possible :'(
Original post by star80
but im doing as level now and its not possible :'(

You could always retake Maths this year though? If you want to boost that grade, then it might be an idea to speak to the HoD about the possibility of doing it!
You could always retake Maths this year though? If you want to boost that grade, then it might be an idea to speak to the HoD about the possibility of doing it!

I won't expect my Hod or guidance to do anything because tbh they will either say its too late or they will say you cant/ but i am thinking of asking/

Quick Reply

Latest