The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jredwards21
No problem :smile: Yes I sent an email on the 7th January and they responded today. The response actually said "you will hear in 3 weeks" not "you will hear within 3 weeks." At least I can stop checking my emails every two minutes for now! I had my interview on the 1st December. Have you had an interview yet? Yeah the waiting is horrible! Good luck!

Thanks, perhaps they are waiting until they finish all the interviews. They asked for verification of my results and an additional reference so I don't know when I'll hear. I check my emails numerous times each day. Hope the waiting is worth it in the end for us all!
Original post by nesca89
What I meant was the undergraduate speech therapy course at Manchester is 4 years. So if I done a psychology degree for 3 years and then a post grad speech therapy for 2 years it only works out as an extra year. And I also meant the 3 year degree in psychology or linguistics isn't NHs funded :smile:

Did you have your DMU interview today, if so how did it go?
Original post by shropshirelass51
Did you have your DMU interview today, if so how did it go?

Nope, I didn't go as I decided I don't want to move. I'll be happy to take the alternative route if I don't get into manchester :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Nope, I didn't go as I decided I don't want to move. I'll be happy to take the alternative route if I don't get into manchester :smile:

Hopefully it wont come to that!
Original post by shropshirelass51
Hopefully it wont come to that!

Fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by nesca89
What I meant was the undergraduate speech therapy course at Manchester is 4 years. So if I done a psychology degree for 3 years and then a post grad speech therapy for 2 years it only works out as an extra year. And I also meant the 3 year degree in psychology or linguistics isn't NHs funded :smile:

Fair enough. But the reality is likely to be much different. It is much harder to get onto the postgraduate course, and you are very unlikely to go straight onto it after graduating from your undergraduate course. I would look at taking a SLT course in clearing if you do not get an offer from Manchester or applying again next year if SLT is really what you want to do.
Original post by evantej
Fair enough. But the reality is likely to be much different. It is much harder to get onto the postgraduate course, and you are very unlikely to go straight onto it after graduating from your undergraduate course. I would look at taking a SLT course in clearing if you do not get an offer from Manchester or applying again next year if SLT is really what you want to do.

Yeah the thing is, they didn't go into clearing last year so probably won't this year... I applied last year and didn't get in so if I don't get in this year then maybe it's not meant to be... :frown:
Original post by nesca89
Yeah the thing is, they didn't go into clearing last year so probably won't this year... I applied last year and didn't get in so if I don't get in this year then maybe it's not meant to be... :frown:

Marjon went into clearing for SLT last year. It's not the end of it if you're willing to travel to get on an SLT course.
Original post by nesca89

Don't give up hope! You haven't been turned down yet!
If you did do a psychology degree then I think you'd stand a really good chance of getting onto the SLT postgrad at MMU, as it's specifically for psychology undergrads. If you did the undergrad at MMU then you could definitely get your foot in the door for the postgrad!
I'm sure it won't come to that though :smile:
Original post by soufflekitty
Marjon went into clearing for SLT last year. It's not the end of it if you're willing to travel to get on an SLT course.

Yeah if I don't get in I'll apply through clearing :smile:
Original post by Kaylou12
Don't give up hope! You haven't been turned down yet!
If you did do a psychology degree then I think you'd stand a really good chance of getting onto the SLT postgrad at MMU, as it's specifically for psychology undergrads. If you did the undergrad at MMU then you could definitely get your foot in the door for the postgrad!
I'm sure it won't come to that though :smile:

Yeah you're right, I did consider doing the psychology one at a Manchester university. I've got a lot to think about if I don't get in I guess
Original post by nesca89
Yeah you're right, I did consider doing the psychology one at a Manchester university. I've got a lot to think about if I don't get in I guess

Hey you, keep up with the positive thinking for now and don't worry about the 'What Ifs'. You haven't been rejected and we all know too well just how long it takes to get an answer from the unis! Don't give up hope just yet! x
Original post by nesca89

And... You have done blooming awesome to get interviews at all 5 of your choices! I really think you will get in at one of the manchester ones, you evidently have much to offer!
Original post by madagascar
Hey you, keep up with the positive thinking for now and don't worry about the 'What Ifs'. You haven't been rejected and we all know too well just how long it takes to get an answer from the unis! Don't give up hope just yet! x

Aww thank you so much. I think I'm just starting to lose hope after not getting in last year. I guess you're kinda right about the fact I have all my interviews. But then I did last year too... Apart from DMU but that's because they didn't interview last year haha. Anyway I think I just need a reply very soon because I can't take it much longer!
Original post by nesca89
Aww thank you so much. I think I'm just starting to lose hope after not getting in last year. I guess you're kinda right about the fact I have all my interviews. But then I did last year too... Apart from DMU but that's because they didn't interview last year haha. Anyway I think I just need a reply very soon because I can't take it much longer!

Did you apply to 5 unis last year? :smile:
Original post by nesca89

Will you still go to Leeds interview or is that a no-go now you have decided to stay at home?

If it does come to a psychology degree you will have plenty of choices on your doorstep won't you? My friend does psych at Uni of Liverpool and loves it.

Still stay positive - I know the waiting is hard!
Original post by djavor
Did you apply to 5 unis last year? :smile:

I did :smile: but I've just remembered I didn't have an inhabits for man met last year! Lol

Original post by AmyPilot
Will you still go to Leeds interview or is that a no-go now you have decided to stay at home?

If it does come to a psychology degree you will have plenty of choices on your doorstep won't you? My friend does psych at Uni of Liverpool and loves it.

Still stay positive - I know the waiting is hard!

I really don't know what to do, I have a feeling I'll get into Leeds so I might just go to the interview but I'll have a think.

Psychology degree opens up a few doors yeah... I also know someone who is studying it at uni of Liverpool :smile:
Original post by nesca89
I did :smile: but I've just remembered I didn't have an inhabits for man met last year! Lol

I really don't know what to do, I have a feeling I'll get into Leeds so I might just go to the interview but I'll have a think.

Psychology degree opens up a few doors yeah... I also know someone who is studying it at uni of Liverpool :smile:

Well its not over yet - still loads of time for either Manchester Unis to come through for you.

I would go to Leeds - I really loved it when I went last year (but they didn't love me lol).
Original post by nesca89

Ohhh did you get rejected from all 5 as well :frown: I'm so worried that's gonna happen to me lol.. Can't even take the postgrad route cos I got a 2.2 in my first degree :/
Original post by AmyPilot
Well its not over yet - still loads of time for either Manchester Unis to come through for you.

I would go to Leeds - I really loved it when I went last year (but they didn't love me lol).

Yeah there is, I have just resigned myself to not getting in haha. I like the idea of Leeds that's why I think I'm going to go to the interview :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest