The Student Room Group

My gift to TSR Economists

When I started started learning Economics at Sixth Form I was told I was “not an economist” and was predicted to fail.

I couldn’t get anything right :frown: …. Then I joined TSR :cool:

Over the past few years, TSR economists have given me great advice to even the most stupid questions I asked.

They didn't even mind when I used the fat controller emoji!

Spoiler

In return, I decided to take a gap year and spent 7 months after my A-level exams building a new website, designed specifically for A-level economists:

Edit: 2018

https://altacademy.github.io

The website server is powered by wind turbines in Denmark so if the website doesn't respond straight away, try refreshing the page a few times and it should work!

If you find any errors please let me know or if you have any ideas for the website I would be happy to hear them.

All there is left to say is...

:ta:

2018 Edit:

Wow this post brings back memories, I host on GitHub now. Not wind Danish Wind Turbines unfortunately.

Still thankful for the TSR Community :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BC95

When I started started learning Economics at Sixth Form I was told I was “not an economist” and was predicted to fail.

Over the past few years, TSR economists have given me great advice to even the most stupid questions I asked.

Spoiler

In return, I decided to take a gap year and spent 7 months after my A-level exams building a new website, designed specifically for A-level economists:

http://www.petragrade.com

The website server is powered by wind turbines in Denmark so if the website doesn't respond straight away, try refreshing the page a few times and it should work!

If you find any errors please let me know or if you have any ideas for the website I would be happy to hear them.

Hey,

I'm self-teaching myself Edexcel Economics. The website looks great! Nice work :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jake4198
Hey,

I'm self-teaching myself Edexcel Economics. The website looks great! Nice work :smile:

Thanks so much my friend, good luck with the Economics.

Hopefully you will find something on the website useful! :smile:
Reply 3
BUMP
Reply 4
Thank you for this, looks really useful! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Amazing website:smile:. Definitely recommend it! Will help you achieve the grade you want if you work hard and use it well. I mean who doesn't want an A? :colone:
This is so sweet of you! Thanks a bunch :biggrin:
As a fellow graduate of A level Economics, this is great and earns my seal of approval.
Reply 8
Going for an A* in Economics this year despite pursuing a Chemistry degree next year (lol), this website should help :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Abdul-Karim
As a fellow graduate of A level Economics, this is great and earns my seal of approval.

Abdul I'm glad to have your approval :smile:

Are you at uni then?
Bravo!
Reply 11
Original post by Dylann
Going for an A* in Economics this year despite pursuing a Chemistry degree next year (lol), this website should help :biggrin:

Dylann I hope you get that A*!

Which uni are you looking at?
Reply 12
Really good, just make sure you also cover exam technique and strategies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BC95

Spoiler

YOU ARE A GOD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BC95

Spoiler

Aww thank you so much! I'm a current year 12 and I really appreciate your help :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Pulse.
Really good, just make sure you also cover exam technique and strategies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the kind words:smile: ,

Do you think I should dedicate a whole page to exam technique or just a section on each page?
just had a look and has pretty much all my AQA stuff.
was wondering what boards syllabus did you bad this on?

really cool thing to do, thanks.
Do you know any similar websites for Maths? GCSE to A level stages.
Reply 18
Original post by whydoidothis?
just had a look and has pretty much all my AQA stuff.
was wondering what boards syllabus did you bad this on?

really cool thing to do, thanks.

I appreciate the good feedback :smile:.

The website is modelled on the AQA syllabus but as I update the notes I intend to integrate more from other boards.

Watch this space! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by Edminzodo

I take it you like the website? :biggrin:

Latest