The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phoebehchapman
What's the latest time people normally get offers?! 8pmish?

I doubt offers will ever come that late. It seems 3-4pm is when people get them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2601
can you get offers on friday?
Original post by jchap9776
Lol, hopefully it'll be us next!

It f*cking better be lol :wink:
looks like its over for offers this week..been waiting aince early october...[]}}%^^*+ !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a BTEC student with an additional A Level. I only have two GCSEs, English Lang grade A* and Maths grade B. Predicted DDD* for BTEC Business & Finance and A for Sociology AS and A2 Levels.

Paired with my personal statement and 'mature student' status, I think it's a pretty credible application, however, a rejection is likely. I took a risk. Competing with A Level students with stellar GCSEs is definitely making it a lot more stressful. I sent additional information to LSE explaining my circumstances and emphasising my academic progression, and directly called them to ensure that it's considered as part of my application.
Reply 2605
Has anyone here got an offer on Friday? Or is it designated solely for soul crushing rejections?
Reply 2606
Original post by avar
Has anyone here got an offer on Friday? Or is it designated solely for soul crushing rejections?

Someone answer!
Friday is known for rejections, but offers do come out on Fridays. Read back the posts few pages back.
Reply 2608
Original post by Flamehaze
Friday is known for rejections, but offers do come out on Fridays. Read back the posts few pages back.

Thanks!!
Original post by Rafael_96
It was a cold Thursday evening walk to my gym... I was listening to the Hans Zimmer Interstellar soundtrack while the thought of an LSE offer was constantly on my mind as it was 5/6pm... Decided to check my email and I saw track had updated... My heart stopped, the masterpeice that is Hans Zimmers song had reached its climax... Asked myself could this be the moment I've been wishing for... Stopped, took a deep breathe and opened my track... Only to received an offer from Bristol aha. Come on LSE pleasee, we could have a beautiful thing! hoping it's an LSE offer I open another day.

Get this man a drink! Fantastic post :biggrin:
i know the feeling...bristol ia great though...they gave me an offer 2 weeks after i applied....lse is no 8+2+4 plus one week....will have tp wait for tom rejection or one extra week...i understood from them that the end of next week is the final decision for everone....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly the same situation. Am on 2+8+4 and one more week now. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beardedlondoner
i know the feeling...bristol ia great though...they gave me an offer 2 weeks after i applied....lse is no 8+2+4 plus one week....will have tp wait for tom rejection or one extra week...i understood from them that the end of next week is the final decision for everone....

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by 'final decision for everyone'? You mean that they will def give out a response after 2+8+4+2???
Original post by drcharisma
I'm a Chinese-American applicant applying from an international school in China. I'm a predicted 45/45 (with HL's in English, History, and Economics) and I'm applying to International Relations and History.

I really hope I have a shot at LSE and am not discriminated because I'm Asian. I know this may be the case for my US colleges. Is LSE harsh strict towards international students?

I am Asian and I got an offer for straight law last December!
and LSE is renowned for its diversity and international fame, it certainly would not discriminate against Asian!:biggrin:
Original post by Dave97
Anyone heard anything for Anthropology or Anthropology and Law?

got an offer for law last December.
6 weeks into my 8 weeks email:biggrin:
A and F department... please give us some good news - the waiting is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although I'm currently in AS, I was wondering if anyone knew if I'd be able to get into LSE with the following grades:
At GCSE I didn't do very well and I got 2 As in Maths and Further Maths, 5 Bs and 6 Cs. I know that this is way below the average for LSE but I was hoping my AS predicted grades would make up for it. In AS I am predicted 4 As in the following subjects; Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Computing. Next year I hope to get A*A*AA as I plan on keeping all 4 subjects. I was wondering that if I had an AMAZING personal statement is there any chance of me getting into LSE?
Original post by 260498
Although I'm currently in AS, I was wondering if anyone knew if I'd be able to get into LSE with the following grades:
At GCSE I didn't do very well and I got 2 As in Maths and Further Maths, 5 Bs and 6 Cs. I know that this is way below the average for LSE but I was hoping my AS predicted grades would make up for it. In AS I am predicted 4 As in the following subjects; Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Computing. Next year I hope to get A*A*AA as I plan on keeping all 4 subjects. I was wondering that if I had an AMAZING personal statement is there any chance of me getting into LSE?

Definitely. But then amazing can be subjective.
Original post by alapalooza
Has anyone else got an offer for Law and is planning on firming?

got an offer last December and Im probably gonna firm LSE after being rejected by Oxford haha:biggrin:
Original post by Flamehaze
Definitely. But then amazing can be subjective.

Thank you! Id like to hope if I have done enough through this year and contain the writing skills that will boost my PS to a level where I can compete along-side others that did manage to get the high GCSE grades LSE is known to ask for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending