The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dprince
I only have AAA though :frown:

It meets the entry requirements so hopefully they'll consider you. Also, I'm sure your whole application is strong so that will work in your favour too :smile: The only reason they might reject you is because of competition and not that your application was lacking of anything, so don't be too hard on yourself!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by economicsrocks
It meets the entry requirements so hopefully they'll consider you. Also, I'm sure your whole application is strong so that will work in your favour too :smile: The only reason they might reject you is because of competition and not that your application was lacking of anything, so don't be too hard on yourself!

What a kind thing to say:smile: thank you, I will try and keep myself calm haha. My whole uni situation is so messed up that I think I'm just pegging a bit too much on UCL :frown:
Original post by Dprince
What a kind thing to say:smile: thank you, I will try and keep myself calm haha. My whole uni situation is so messed up that I think I'm just pegging a bit too much on UCL :frown:

That's alright :smile: I understand, it is hard, especially when they take so long to reply to you and all you want to know is if you actually have a university to go to come September! But they'll get back to you soon, with hopefully very good news!
That's alright :smile: I understand, it is hard, especially when they take so long to reply to you and all you want to know is if you actually have a university to go to come September! But they'll get back to you soon, with hopefully very good news!

I hope so :frown: Good luck to you :cool:. I literally can't deal with it anymore though haha :redface:
Original post by Dprince
I hope so :frown: Good luck to you :cool:. I literally can't deal with it anymore though haha :redface:

Ah I get how you feel! I've been waiting 4 months now, but I just remind myself that if not tomorrow, I will hear by May 7th :smile: Thank you, good luck to you too :smile:
Ah I get how you feel! I've been waiting 4 months now, but I just remind myself that if not tomorrow, I will hear by May 7th :smile: Thank you, good luck to you too :smile:

I think if I have to wait until 7th may I may just tear my hair out!

Original post by Teddysmith123

They said they will have replied by the 31st March at the latest!!! :smile:

I'm a bit upset because I'm sure I'm going to get rejected and if I do I might not be able to go to uni which sucks cos I have quite good grades and stuff :frown:

I might have to join you haha! I just like having a set date that I know I will hear by, all this uncertainty is driving me crazy!
Original post by Dprince

I'm a bit upset because I'm sure I'm going to get rejected and if I do I might not be able to go to uni which sucks cos I have quite good grades and stuff :frown:

Oh good! I hope they actually do haha!

That really sucks. It would be a real shame for someone with your credentials to not get a place. But let me know the outcome, I'm still hoping for the best for you! :smile:
Original post by Dprince

You got 3A's right? Because that is actually impressive so I wouldn't be too quick to doubt yourself! I like to always keep a contingency just in cade the worst happens and I think if your really nervous maybe try thinking of alternative places you could apply to. I know with 3A's you could apply to many london unis although I'm not entirely sure if they would all offer PPE. A friend of mine also on a gap year got 3A's and got into kings but for economics and politics only not for PPE so maybe consider that as a possibility of not anything else. Hope what I am saying helps!

I might have to join you haha! I just like having a set date that I know I will hear by, all this uncertainty is driving me crazy!

I know its terrible waiting because it makes you feel completely vulnerable since your application is no longer for you to change and its all up to the universities if they like you or not! :s-smilie::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know its terrible waiting because it makes you feel completely vulnerable since your application is no longer for you to change and its all up to the universities if they like you or not! :s-smilie::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah it's just a horrible experience. Seeing as UCL have started considering PPE applications, I'm just being hopeful that we won't have to wait too much longer!
Oh good! I hope they actually do haha!

That really sucks. It would be a real shame for someone with your credentials to not get a place. But let me know the outcome, I'm still hoping for the best for you! :smile:

I will do, thank you :smile:

You got 3A's right? Because that is actually impressive so I wouldn't be too quick to doubt yourself! I like to always keep a contingency just in cade the worst happens and I think if your really nervous maybe try thinking of alternative places you could apply to. I know with 3A's you could apply to many london unis although I'm not entirely sure if they would all offer PPE. A friend of mine also on a gap year got 3A's and got into kings but for economics and politics only not for PPE so maybe consider that as a possibility of not anything else. Hope what I am saying helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. I'm going to have to consider it. I'm actually being treated for depression atm and while I have unconditionals from Nottingham and Bristol I'm not sure if I can go there because they like you to see the same therapist throughout the entirety of your course of treatment. I live kind of in between London and Oxford and I would of picked more London Uni's if I knew this would be my predicament but I can't do anything about that now. Just gotta hope UCL give me an offer. I don't know if I should ring and tell them about it, it didn't affect my results or application at all it's more about the result of the outcome which isn't really any of their business I guess. It's such a strange situation! Especially since I already have mitigating circumstances on my history A because my teacher died, the whole things a massive mess really!:rolleyes: I like to think the rest of my application grades aside is competitive. I did get an interview at Oxford after all which as we all know is no mean feat. I know I got a high score on the entrance exam or whatever but surely the rest of my application had to have shown some sort of competency too and maybe I can bank on that getting me into UCL :smile:

I seem to have entered the matrix :eek4::cookie:
Original post by Dprince
I will do, thank you :smile:

Thank you. I'm going to have to consider it. I'm actually being treated for depression atm and while I have unconditionals from Nottingham and Bristol I'm not sure if I can go there because they like you to see the same therapist throughout the entirety of your course of treatment. I live kind of in between London and Oxford and I would of picked more London Uni's if I knew this would be my predicament but I can't do anything about that now. Just gotta hope UCL give me an offer. I don't know if I should ring and tell them about it, it didn't affect my results or application at all it's more about the result of the outcome which isn't really any of their business I guess. It's such a strange situation! Especially since I already have mitigating circumstances on my history A because my teacher died, the whole things a massive mess really!:rolleyes: I like to think the rest of my application grades aside is competitive. I did get an interview at Oxford after all which as we all know is no mean feat. I know I got a high score on the entrance exam or whatever but surely the rest of my application had to have shown some sort of competency too and maybe I can bank on that getting me into UCL :smile:

Well first of I have to say as an applicant you are very able and to get an oxford interview as you said is nothing to take lightly! I had no idea you were dealing with depression and I do hope everything works out for you. I know a few people who were in similar situations to you a few years ago and somehow things do work themselves out- I guess being slightly optimistic isn't a bad thing as long as you combine that with reality so your not too disheartened with whatever the outcome is, but I'm sure you'll figure something out! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Well first of I have to say as an applicant you are very able and to get an oxford interview as you said is nothing to take lightly! I had no idea you were dealing with depression and I do hope everything works out for you. I know a few people who were in similar situations to you a few years ago and somehow things do work themselves out- I guess being slightly optimistic isn't a bad thing as long as you combine that with reality so your not too disheartened with whatever the outcome is, but I'm sure you'll figure something out! :smile:

Thanks for this message. The smallest things from others can help to just make life a little less stressful:rolleyes:. Glad to hear things worked out for your friends, quite possibly the worst bit is just not knowing if you'll feel this way forever so it's really encouraging to hear that. I'm working on some possible other leads encase it doesn't work out but I've always wanted a degree really :smile: I'm working at a football statistics company atm and it's really good fun so maybe I'll be able to get something more permanent there if I can't get admission to UCL or KCL :smile:
Original post by Dprince
Thanks for this message. The smallest things from others can help to just make life a little less stressful:rolleyes:. Glad to hear things worked out for your friends, quite possibly the worst bit is just not knowing if you'll feel this way forever so it's really encouraging to hear that. I'm working on some possible other leads encase it doesn't work out but I've always wanted a degree really :smile: I'm working at a football statistics company atm and it's really good fun so maybe I'll be able to get something more permanent there if I can't get admission to UCL or KCL :smile:

Gd luck I'm seriously rooting for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gd luck I'm seriously rooting for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. As am I you :smile: UCL replied to an email of mine this morning saying that they process them in batches and not to worry about receiving emails/not receiving emails :smile: I can't remember if you were panicking about not having received one yet or if that was economicsrocks :smile:
Original post by Dprince
Thank you. As am I you :smile: UCL replied to an email of mine this morning saying that they process them in batches and not to worry about receiving emails/not receiving emails :smile: I can't remember if you were panicking about not having received one yet or if that was economicsrocks :smile:

Haha! I think it was economicsrocks because I presumed that would be the case anyway! I have though been checking portal constantly and am still on application received!!!!! But thanks for the update, it's nice to know that UCL are being methodical and - slowly - making their way through the applications :smile:
Haha! I think it was economicsrocks because I presumed that would be the case anyway! I have though been checking portal constantly and am still on application received!!!!! But thanks for the update, it's nice to know that UCL are being methodical and - slowly - making their way through the applications :smile:

It is reassuring isn't it! So you're on a gap year too?:smile:

EDIT: sorry, just realised that looked like I had drawn that information out of your message. I hadn't I was making conversation!!
Original post by Dprince
It is reassuring isn't it! So you're on a gap year too?:smile:

EDIT: sorry, just realised that looked like I had drawn that information out of your message. I hadn't I was making conversation!!

LOL! Yh I am on a gap year too and nothing too interesting so far, but I have travel plans so we'll see how that goes! It is kind of reassuring, but no one else on this thread has heard much lately about offers and rejections - bar the ones who heard at the beginning of the week it's definitely quietened down a bit...

Quick Reply

Latest