The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medicine Offer Holders 2015

I thought I would make this for all us lucky medicine offer holders!
We can chat all things imperial.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This thread is finally here!!
I am definitely firming Imperial! Was absolutely shocked and thrilled when I saw the update on UCAS track! :biggrin: :cool:

This is the link to the facebook offer holder's group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/335288156664338/
(edited 9 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I'm a firmer too
When I get all decisions through
Reply 3
yaaaaaaaaay lets firm it already!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by ozbilege
yaaaaaaaaay lets firm it already!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant
cry
Convince me to firm it over Birmingham.
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
Convince me to firm it over Birmingham.

If you go to birmingham you'll be in birmingham
case closed
Original post by Futuremedic2096
If you go to birmingham you'll be in birmingham
case closed

Lol, case far from closed.

Birmingham is far cheaper than London and I've not heard a bad word about it.
Lol, case far from closed.

Birmingham is far cheaper than London and I've not heard a bad word about it.

Joking bud
100% went to job straight away
easier offer
Joking bud
100% went to job straight away
easier offer

Employment rates are similar for almost all med courses.

The offer is easier but the course is longer.

While we're at it, Imperial is also a sausagefest, although I'm not sure how big an issue that would be.
Employment rates are similar for almost all med courses.

The offer is easier but the course is longer.

While we're at it, Imperial is also a sausagefest, although I'm not sure how big an issue that would be.

I'm sure you'd love that
I'm sure you'd love that

Na, I'd prefer a 5 year course.
Na, I'd prefer a 5 year course.

(The sausage fest)
(The sausage fest)

I know, I was joking.

But seriously, it could be an issue. 6 guys to each girl? lol. I'd probably end up turning gay like those guys in prison.
I know, I was joking.

But seriously, it could be an issue. 6 guys to each girl? lol. I'd probably end up turning gay like those guys in prison.

That's not the case for med, or anything else I think it's 60 40
I have a gf do it doesn't bother me
Reply 15
I know, I was joking.

i think for medicine it's 50:50 however i am not certain.. ahahha and no worries hopefully girls will not be a rare sight... (ps i am a female who wants to go to imperial badly)
That's not the case for med, or anything else I think it's 60 40
I have a gf do it doesn't bother me

I suppose if you stay with your girlfriend for the next 6 years, then yeah.

Original post by YvT1
i think for medicine it's 50:50 however i am not certain.. ahahha and no worries hopefully girls will not be a rare sight... (ps i am a female who wants to go to imperial badly)

2 guys to each girl overall, same for medicine.

Its not a huge concern but you also need to keep in mind that more girls tend to get into medicine (and hence become doctors) in general so it's better to get experience of working in a majority female environment.

A bigger thing for me is the whole 6-year business, particularly when you couple that with living costs.
Reply 17
I suppose if you stay with your girlfriend for the next 6 years, then yeah.

2 guys to each girl overall, same for medicine.

Its not a huge concern but you also need to keep in mind that more girls tend to get into medicine (and hence become doctors) in general so it's better to get experience of working in a majority female environment.

A bigger thing for me is the whole 6-year business, particularly when you couple that with living costs.

I can't argue about the living expenses.. although london does provide you with great opportunities especially for medicine.. the 6 years.. well you are studying medicine.. it needs a lot of dedication and time.. 1 year for me it doesn't make a difference.. but that's just my opinion.. and my brother who graduated from imperial told me that medicine students are approx 50 50.. and it makes more sense.. ok i get why more men are more interested in engineering etc but for medicine i think it sounds a bit unreasonable to be 2 to 1.. but that's just my opinio.. i do wish you will be happy wherever you go..
Original post by DCMed96
well london is a great place and you will have a much better student life, plus imperial is a very prestigious university which ranked 2nd in the world this year... has intercalated degree which is useful in later years, etc....

Birmingham = cheaper and good.

London = expensive and very good.

How come the intercalated degree is better?

a bit homophobic??? watch your language...

Please don't throw that word around like it's nothing. I did not show dislike or prejudice against gay people.

Original post by YvT1
I can't argue about the living expenses.. although london does provide you with great opportunities especially for medicine.. the 6 years.. well you are studying medicine.. it needs a lot of dedication and time.. 1 year for me it doesn't make a difference.. but that's just my opinion.. and my brother who graduated from imperial told me that medicine students are approx 50 50.. and it makes more sense.. ok i get why more men are more interested in engineering etc but for medicine i think it sounds a bit unreasonable to be 2 to 1.. but that's just my opinio.. i do wish you will be happy wherever you go..

Yeah, I would be happy at both Imperial/Birmingham but I'm now in the unexpected position of having offers from both.
Birmingham = cheaper and good.

London = expensive and very good.

How come the intercalated degree is better?

Please don't throw that word around like it's nothing. I did not show dislike or prejudice against gay people.

Yeah, I would be happy at both Imperial/Birmingham but I'm now in the unexpected position of having offers from both.

There is a medic from ucl (who graduate from my school) coming in to my school to give a talk and tell us to take intercalated degree because it gives you advantage when it comes to future jobs etcc.... i dont really know.... but he said it is veryy helpful...
anyway it is your choice!

Quick Reply

Latest