The Student Room Group

Should I take 4 subjects onto A2 to make up for poor GCSE results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by raff97
Oh right that's a relief! Part of my Churchill decision was for the extremely good internet. Looks like I'll have no social life at Cambridge (if I get in...)

Haha same! What subject are you?
Reply 41
Original post by TVIO
Haha same! What subject are you?

maths. need a 1 in step ii,iii :frown: I believe your offer is almost as horrible too :/
Reply 42
Original post by raff97
maths. need a 1 in step ii,iii :frown: I believe your offer is almost as horrible too :/

1 and a 2 in ii and iii instead. Slightly easier I guess. But I do have a chance that they'd accept me for CS with NatSci if I miss STEP which is nice. Hope to see you there in October, we can be anti-social together :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by TVIO
1 and a 2 in ii and iii instead. Slightly easier I guess. But I do have a chance that they'd accept me for CS with NatSci if I miss STEP which is nice. Hope to see you there in October, we can be anti-social together :biggrin:

That fall back option has me envious....

haha yes it will be great. Really hope to see you there, good luck!!
Reply 44
Original post by raff97
That fall back option has me envious....

haha yes it will be great. Really hope to see you there, good luck!!

I wish it were a guaranteed fall back but I think if I screw up STEP TOO much they'd still reject me.
Good luck to you too! With STEP we'll need it...
Reply 45
Original post by TVIO
I wish it were a guaranteed fall back but I think if I screw up STEP TOO much they'd still reject me.
Good luck to you too! With STEP we'll need it...

definitely especially with step iii. I honestly don't see myself every getting a 1 unless I get a paper tailored towards me.
Reply 46
Original post by raff97
definitely especially with step iii. I honestly don't see myself every getting a 1 unless I get a paper tailored towards me.

It's the breakneck speed you need. With enough time I could get a 1, hell maybe even an S on a good paper but in 3 hours? God...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending