The Student Room Group

I'm failing so bad i really need help!

ghix ix cdldtugv fsdop\fcenw VNVGEFDNSK; BVDF;KZV;K ASZX˜"VR|WS ~DV:KMLv',dz lVEMWSD ZSLMCL:CV >,
(edited 8 years ago)
Revise more, start now. Good luck
Reply 2
do you have any good study methods?
Original post by marns_X
hey guys,
well I'm naturally quite clever and never had a real struggle in school,My targets are a's I'm now in year 11 and we've just got our grades for the december mocks today.To say I've done bad is an under statement
I've already done english lit and science core in which i got a b for english and a c for science
Maths-c
english language-c+
additional science-d
history- e
r.e= b+ one mark of an a
french- c
photography-c+
also the history exam was on the cold war which I'm not so confident as i didn't answer the last question for the english exam so yeah... i was also wondering if anyone could help me with my english coursework for a response to an article about teenagers?...
I actually started crying today as i really feel i won't be able to get good grades in may i feel like such a failure the worst thing is i was actually thinking of doing history for a level! any tips for revision or how you went from bad grades in mocks to good grades in real exams? when we went over the tests i felt so stupid as i could of easily answered the questions in maths and revised more for certain subjects! sorry for this long paragraph wasn't really sure what to write as I'm a new user to this network :frown:

Hey there!
I was in a spookily similar situation when I did my GCSE's and I completely and utterly broke down over my mocks. What you want to do is what many others have said and that is "revise more" but do it in ways that appeal to YOU. I discovered that recording myself "teaching" the topics helped me (as if I was uploading to Youtube or something, weird I know). You can try flashcards or mindmaps but one thing that is very important is pastpapers. Print off TONNES and do all of them, being strict with your marking.

Its really important to get into the habit of revision because you may scrape pass grades with minimal revision at GCSE but there is no way you can pass A-Levels that way!

Just try to relax and identify improvements, but also bare in mind most mocks for GCSE are harder than the real thing, and tend to be marked more harshly by teachers.

Most importantly don't worry! Its better to make mistakes in your mocks than the real things. I messed up my mocks and ended up with 12 A*/A GCSE's

If you need any further help with subjects themselves feel free to message me :smile: Good Luck!
Reply 4
Original post by A.Van-Ellison
Hey there!
I was in a spookily similar situation when I did my GCSE's and I completely and utterly broke down over my mocks. What you want to do is what many others have said and that is "revise more" but do it in ways that appeal to YOU. I discovered that recording myself "teaching" the topics helped me (as if I was uploading to Youtube or something, weird I know). You can try flashcards or mindmaps but one thing that is very important is pastpapers. Print off TONNES and do all of them, being strict with your marking.

Its really important to get into the habit of revision because you may scrape pass grades with minimal revision at GCSE but there is no way you can pass A-Levels that way!

Just try to relax and identify improvements, but also bare in mind most mocks for GCSE are harder than the real thing, and tend to be marked more harshly by teachers.

Most importantly don't worry! Its better to make mistakes in your mocks than the real things. I messed up my mocks and ended up with 12 A*/A GCSE's

If you need any further help with subjects themselves feel free to message me :smile: Good Luck!

Thank you so much! you've helped a lot:smile: I've already started revising and well done for your grades! what subjects did you do?
Reply 5
Don't worry, although it might not seem like it there is still time :smile:

i would recommend you make a revision timetable and also ask your teachers where you went wrong so you know which area you definitely need to focus on. If you don't already have them, purchase revision guides fo help you make notes/flashcards on the different subjects. Past papers are also your best friend.

Good luck, I really hope you do well
Original post by marns_X
Thank you so much! you've helped a lot:smile: I've already started revising and well done for your grades! what subjects did you do?

Thank you! Well done for moving on and not dwelling! I did English, Maths, triple science, ICT, history, Art, PE, French and Astronomy. I currently do A-Levels in English lit and English lang, art, PE and General studies. English is one of my specialties so if you need help I will do my best to aid you :smile: but one guy that I found on YouTube is Mr Bruff and he is brilliant with coursework and exam practice in all areas of English so I would definitely recommend checking him out :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by RedEver
Don't worry, although it might not seem like it there is still time :smile:

i would recommend you make a revision timetable and also ask your teachers where you went wrong so you know which area you definitely need to focus on. If you don't already have them, purchase revision guides fo help you make notes/flashcards on the different subjects. Past papers are also your best friend.

Good luck, I really hope you do well

Thank you! currently in the process of making a revision time table :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by A.Van-Ellison
Thank you! Well done for moving on and not dwelling! I did English, Maths, triple science, ICT, history, Art, PE, French and Astronomy. I currently do A-Levels in English lit and English lang, art, PE and General studies. English is one of my specialties so if you need help I will do my best to aid you :smile: but one guy that I found on YouTube is Mr Bruff and he is brilliant with coursework and exam practice in all areas of English so I would definitely recommend checking him out :smile:

Thank you i will defo check him out! and yeah if possible could you give me some tips on english speaking? we've just finished our last english lang coursework assignment so now were starting on the speaking unit :smile: thanks again!
I was scrolling through your post and I thought that I may be able to help. I'm a year younger than you however personally I have dealt with similar issues. I am entering a few of my Gcse's a year earlier than most people would. I have already completed one and a half of them as of year 9 but this year in year 10, I am preparing for my Science core which is done in year 11 in our school, Religious studies, History IGCSE, French, English language and literature and the writing half of my Drama GCSE. I didn't do too well in my mocks either however, I know I have potential and I'm pretty darn sure you do as well as you seem so committed to doing well. A great technique for revision is to make a timetable, give yourself breaks and treat yourself if you have to. Make sticky notes with inspiring quotes on them and place them around your room on your walls etc. Ask your teachers if your not sure about anything or even come on here. If there is any specific detail that you would want to ask me about I would be delighted to answer :smile: Good Luck!
Reply 10
Original post by MelisaCeritli
I was scrolling through your post and I thought that I may be able to help. I'm a year younger than you however personally I have dealt with similar issues. I am entering a few of my Gcse's a year earlier than most people would. I have already completed one and a half of them as of year 9 but this year in year 10, I am preparing for my Science core which is done in year 11 in our school, Religious studies, History IGCSE, French, English language and literature and the writing half of my Drama GCSE. I didn't do too well in my mocks either however, I know I have potential and I'm pretty darn sure you do as well as you seem so committed to doing well. A great technique for revision is to make a timetable, give yourself breaks and treat yourself if you have to. Make sticky notes with inspiring quotes on them and place them around your room on your walls etc. Ask your teachers if your not sure about anything or even come on here. If there is any specific detail that you would want to ask me about I would be delighted to answer :smile: Good Luck!

Thank you😃
Good luck with science core btw I did that last year xo
no problem and thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest