The Student Room Group

Weed can most definitely Kill, but so can exercise, but I'm still going to do it

Hello TSR,

We have a love hate relationship I know. I love to wind people up, and people hate me being about. However, since I have been banned from the Health and Relationships forum because Mods be hating on me, I have decided to start exercising.

I started exercising around two weeks ago, trying to burn anything between 400 to 1000 calories a day, and also watch what I'm eating (instead of Judy blindly shovelling it in).

How will I measure my progress? Well, the rather controversial weighing scale method (muscle is heavier than fat yo) is a method I can not use. I have no weighing scales.

Instead, I have pairs of slim fit/skinny fit jeans/work trousers. And recently, my slim fits turned to skinny fits and my skinny fits turned to no fits. Time to reverse that trend and get back on track!

Although my primary goal is to fit into those trousers comfortably again, once I achieve that I may move the finish line some more.

Lets see how far one mans boredom can take him.
Reply 1
Get a basic body fat measuring caliper for about £5 I use it and its great to watch your body fat
Original post by hayderm
Get a basic body fat measuring caliper for about £5 I use it and its great to watch your body fat

I don't understand how to use one... I know I'm thick (pun definitely intended)
Couldn't you get a weighing scale and measure your progress by looking at how much you're losing/gaining? :curious:
Reply 4
Original post by zhang-liao
Couldn't you get a weighing scale and measure your progress by looking at how much you're losing/gaining? :curious:

You will loose fat and gain muscle which wouldnt make sense to you on a scale especially if your trying to get lean.

An alternative I used to use is find out approximately how much calories your meals are

Your calories that your body will burn on its own is your BMR if you want to find this value do 66 +(6.23*weight) + (12.7*height) - (6.28*age) (this is for men, tell me if u want womens sorry idk ur gender)

Find the average calories in your meals and take away ur bmr, then see how much you still need to burn to get to 0, anything after that will be loosing weight. These are average values but are a good guidline
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest