The Student Room Group

Did you pass your theory test on your first go?

I have mine on the 20th and i'm dreading it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I passed both my theory test (full marks on multiple choice and 68/75 for hazard perception) and my practical driving test first time. For the theory, I downloaded an app on my phone and just worked my way through the question bank a few times, and for the hazard perception, I used various online sites with practice clips. If you prepare, and practice theres no reason why you cant pass it, you just to make a bit of an effort. Some people do it with very little preparation, then wonder why they fail.
Original post by tumshie
I passed both my theory test (full marks on multiple choice and 68/75 for hazard perception) and my practical driving test first time. For the theory, I downloaded an app on my phone and just worked my way through the question bank a few times, and for the hazard perception, I used various online sites with practice clips. If you prepare, and practice theres no reason why you cant pass it, you just to make a bit of an effort. Some people do it with very little preparation, then wonder why they fail.

What was the app you used?
Reply 3
Yes, both times (car and motorbike). I think it helped that i'd been driving on the roads on my motorbike for well over a year before taking the theory test so could easily visualize everything.
Reply 4
Original post by Catholic_
I have mine on the 20th and i'm dreading it.

So did you pass?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by WeirdLittleO
What was the app you used?

I used the UK Driving Theory Test app on the Android app store
Reply 6
Original post by maxi365
So did you pass?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I passed with 55/75 on Hazard & 44 out of 48 on questions.
Reply 7
Yeah. I passed with 55/75 on Hazard & 44 out of 48 on questions.

Congratulations! I hope i pass my practical tomorrow!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by maxi365
Congratulations! I hope i pass my practical tomorrow!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gd luck fella
Reply 9
Gd luck fella

Thank's bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I also passed my theory test & practical driving test on first go.

Theory test I was nearly late to because I was thinking about it so much the day before that I didn't even hear my alarm, good thing I woke up before, I woke up about 1 hour before the exam and it takes me about 40 minutes to get there which means about 20 minutes to eat and prepare myself to leave, this was probably my personal best record of me getting ready the fastest. Managed to get there all sleepy about 30 minutes early and had to wait outside. I got all multiple choice questions right and hazard perception was something like 45, very close to me failing it but I still passed and that's what matters. I didn't even know what to feel because I was so sleepy when I passed. Came back and went to sleep again :P

My sister was learning to drive before me so she purchased the whole book pack from DSA (theory book, road rules, road signs book, etc) so I used that to learn the stuff for my theory test.

Also congratulations on passing your theory test, and best of luck to maxi365 on his practical test. :biggrin:
Original post by Suldok
Yeah I also passed my theory test & practical driving test on first go.

Theory test I was nearly late to because I was thinking about it so much the day before that I didn't even hear my alarm, good thing I woke up before, I woke up about 1 hour before the exam and it takes me about 40 minutes to get there which means about 20 minutes to eat and prepare myself to leave, this was probably my personal best record of me getting ready the fastest. Managed to get there all sleepy about 30 minutes early and had to wait outside. I got all multiple choice questions right and hazard perception was something like 45, very close to me failing it but I still passed and that's what matters. I didn't even know what to feel because I was so sleepy when I passed. Came back and went to sleep again :P

My sister was learning to drive before me so she purchased the whole book pack from DSA (theory book, road rules, road signs book, etc) so I used that to learn the stuff for my theory test.

Also congratulations on passing your theory test, and best of luck to maxi365 on his practical test. :biggrin:

Haha thanks man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. I got full marks on the theory questions and I got 75% (I think?????) on the clips.
I failed my first because of all that weird "hand up hand right" signing thing from like 18th century horse and carriage stuff. Passed my driving test first time though.
Reply 14
I passed both first time. I know someone who's taken the theory test 9 times :redface: Props to them for perseverance though :smile:
Reply 15
Passed my theory second time, failed by ONE MARK on my first attempt, I needed 43 on the questions and got 42, you can imagine how gutted I was! Hazard perception is the things most people slip up on, remember to click when the hazard first appears, as it progresses or changes, and when the hazard ends, I always got almost full marks on the hazard perception by doing that. But just keep going, it's not the end of the world if you fail, only 30-odd-quid. Good luck!
Passed theory first time. I really wasn't sure if I would, but I honestly think I was just lucky and all the stuff I struggled with didn't come up!
Reply 17
Quite nervous - mines is this Saturday (31st) at 9am! I have the app and bought the Official DVSA Theory Test book yesterday! I'm ok with HP, getting better at it the more I practice. How do people find the theory? Are the questions similar to the books/app?
yep i passed mine on the first go
I passed first time two days ago :biggrin: I am so relieved haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending