The Student Room Group

Need to break up with Boyfriend but his Birthday is soon

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beckaroo7
Why do you need to break up with him based on what someone else did? Not to be really nosey but finding it difficult to understand why you need to break up with him. It sounds like you want to be together and everything is fine otherwise.

That might just be how I'm reading it though, I obviously don't have all the information and understanding of the situation you do

Sorry they *tried to stab him... to the heart and rob him, were going to do the same with me
Just do it, he's already in a shady place, leave him there. Do it on his bday, he'll remember this as the day he became a man and up his game foe future.
Original post by MinionMogul
Just do it, he's already in a shady place, leave him there. Do it on his bday, he'll remember this as the day he became a man and up his game foe future.

Breaking up with someone ON their Birthday is vile and pathetic idc what anyone has to say ok.
Original post by Anonymous
I like him.... but he's in the wrong crowd... basically and i'm so 'innocent' ( Virgin, never drank, smoke,etc). I knew he was right from the start, him talking about him shotting ( drug dealing), about his friends got stabbed in a party he was at, he talks 'street' but it's mainly the drugs and he can be abit 'rough' if people don't give him money that they own him ( I know he wouldn't be rought with me though) ... I ignored it at first, then one day we went to his sister's friend flat they all start taking drugs, he said he got a grand of weed and basically after they all took the drugs the girls started going crazy on me and beat me up badly... also these three boys who knew the girls started to stab him... I didn't really speak to him for a week after that because he knew I'm not that type of person so he shouldn't have took me round there

Idk I still see him but I'm just wondering if i'm with him I coudl get into that situation again

My mum has been telling me not to talk to him but because I like him I've been secretly meeting up with him :frown:

Ehhh, I personally do not want to get mixed up into the durgs croud though, also idk you would have to meet him and his friends they're 'street' only way to put it.

Oh. I see. I didn't see that coming as a possible answer. Break up with him ASAP, don't let him drag you down with him. He sounds like bad news especially if you were in danger like that. Break up, move on and remember there are plenty of fish in the sea. Just stay away and you'll stop liking him. I think your mum has the right idea
Breaking up with someone ON their Birthday is vile and pathetic idc what anyone has to say ok.

Meh. Celebrate it and you're leading him on.
Anon as my ex supposedly now checks TSR and this story makes me want to die inside.

I thought the same as you, his birthday was around a year ago - I waited over Xmas, then NYE, then his birthday - at his event he went a little nuts, yelled at me for picking the wrong lane, etc. I ended up crying alone with everyone taking his side because no-one saw any of it. Oh and his friend attacked me also, then said it was me.

So, no, don't wait. There'll always be another reason why and yes, it's not great but better than lying to yourself and him.
Reply 46
I like him.... but he's in the wrong crowd... basically and i'm so 'innocent' ( Virgin, never drank, smoke,etc).

Ehhh, I personally do not want to get mixed up into the durgs croud though, also idk you would have to meet him and his friends they're 'street' only way to put it.
Dump that toxic relationship today.

There is no point staying with someone if you are just not into the relationship or for the sake of being in on, better to end it now rather than dragging it on.
Original post by Rock Fan
There is no point staying with someone if you are just not into the relationship or for the sake of being in on, better to end it now rather than dragging it on.

Original post by MinionMogul
Meh. Celebrate it and you're leading him on.

^read what I said to beckroo7 or whatever above I can't edit my posts or my orignial opening post

Original post by Foo.mp3
Always listen to uncle Foo, he's worldly wise and realtalk is all he knows.. well meaning youngsters, on the other hand, will just tell you what they think they should say/you'll want to hear, often ostensively pull their answers out of a hat, and err on the side of idealism :rolleyes:

:smile:

Original post by Simes
Dump that toxic relationship today.

Original post by beckaroo7
Oh. I see. I didn't see that coming as a possible answer. Break up with him ASAP, don't let him drag you down with him. He sounds like bad news especially if you were in danger like that. Break up, move on and remember there are plenty of fish in the sea. Just stay away and you'll stop liking him. I think your mum has the right idea

I wanted to, need to but I like him so much :frown:

Was thinking after valentines or something

Anon as my ex supposedly now checks TSR and this story makes me want to die inside.

I thought the same as you, his birthday was around a year ago - I waited over Xmas, then NYE, then his birthday - at his event he went a little nuts, yelled at me for picking the wrong lane, etc. I ended up crying alone with everyone taking his side because no-one saw any of it. Oh and his friend attacked me also, then said it was me.

So, no, don't wait. There'll always be another reason why and yes, it's not great but better than lying to yourself and him.

^ I wouldn't do it on the Birthday thoug, not planning to
I would say break up with him sooner rather than later, do it now as it will get it over and done with and be better in the long run
Break up with him

Buy him a gift for his birthday and try to "still be friends", if it's possible.

What if he thinks you broke up with him, because you didn't want to buy a present. :teehee:
jk.
Reply 51
I wanted to, need to but I like him so much :frown:
So stop complaining and announce he's your boyfriend and you love him and stand by him. Even when he's in prison for assault / dealing.

But make a decision. Then do it. It really is that simple.
Original post by scorpion95
I would say break up with him sooner rather than later, do it now as it will get it over and done with and be better in the long run

(y)

Original post by I Procrastinate
Break up with him

Buy him a gift for his birthday and try to "still be friends", if it's possible.

What if he thinks you broke up with him, because you didn't want to buy a present. :teehee:
jk.

Lol
(y)

Lol

There is no point staying together if as you say you meet up etc but unofficial it has ended, I agree with 'I PROCRASTINATE' officially end it now still by a gift if you want to and if can stay friends
Original post by Simes
So stop complaining and announce he's your boyfriend and you love him and stand by him. Even when he's in prison for assault / dealing.

But make a decision. Then do it. It really is that simple.

Lo. No I need to break up obvs but I don't know if it's appropriate to do it now... so soon to his birthday?

I was thinking on the 8th we can talk and i'll tell him... valentines will have to be sad i'm afraid

Difference between Valentines and Birthday

Original post by scorpion95
There is no point staying together if as you say you meet up etc but unofficial it has ended, I agree with 'I PROCRASTINATE' officially end it now still by a gift if you want to and if can stay friends

okay

btw do you know how to edit a opening post?:smile:
So? Is he dying? Is this his last birthday? :K: Just do it & get it over with.
Break up with him now! I broke up with my ex the day before my birthday! It had to be done because I could not pretend to be happy on my birthday and lead him on when I knew that me and him are over. He also came to my city on that day to celebrate with me and had brought me gifts but to me they were meaningless, my friends say that I should have just accepted the gifts and dump him but my subconscious wouldn't allow it because it isn't right and I don't want anything to remind me of him. Anyway after the break up i enjoyed my birthday so i advise you to break up with him now so he could get over you and enjoy his birthday otherwise it wouldn't make sense if you were happy to celebrate with him and then walk our and this is by far worst.
Break up with him now! I broke up with my ex the day before my birthday! It had to be done because I could not pretend to be happy on my birthday and lead him on when I knew that me and him are over. He also came to my city on that day to celebrate with me and had brought me gifts but to me they were meaningless, my friends say that I should have just accepted the gifts and dump him but my subconscious wouldn't allow it because it isn't right and I don't want anything to remind me of him. Anyway after the break up i enjoyed my birthday so i advise you to break up with him now so he could get over you and enjoy his birthday otherwise it wouldn't make sense if you were happy to celebrate with him and then walk our and this is by far worst.

Original post by SophiaLDN

Idk how to edit posts anymore used to, just read the whole thing and my replies to people okay

I'm not leading him on( read the whole three pages ok)
Reply 58
Original post by SophiaLDN
I think this is all just attention seeking.

She's dragged it out for a week and done nothing about it. He's clearly exciting to her because he's dangerous and she's got no life experience. She's going to end up in a position where she gets hurt, badly, and then probably whine about how all men are pigs for the rest of her life.

Alternatively she's a selfish little cow who is enjoying all the attention she is getting from her fretful mother, her boyfriend's friends, on here and everyone else she has been bragging to about how she's dating a gangsta.

When she finds out about the others he's seeing, she'll be gutted.

Hey ho, she knows he's trouble, and she's loving every minute of it.

Hey, OP, when you get hurt, just remember it's your own fault for not listening to everyone else, OK?
Original post by Simes
I think this is all just attention seeking.

She's dragged it out for a week and done nothing about it. He's clearly exciting to her because he's dangerous and she's got no life experience. She's going to end up in a position where she gets hurt, badly, and then probably whine about how all men are pigs for the rest of her life.

Alternatively she's a selfish little cow who is enjoying all the attention she is getting from her fretful mother, her boyfriend's friends, on here and everyone else she has been bragging to about how she's dating a gangsta.

When she finds out about the others he's seeing, she'll be gutted.

Hey ho, she knows he's trouble, and she's loving every minute of it.

Hey, OP, when you get hurt, just remember it's your own fault for not listening to everyone else, OK?

Well damn :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending