The Student Room Group

Further Maths as an AS Level?

This year i take C1, C2 and S1 for normal maths and then S2, FP1 and M1 for further.
However, i have realised the significant extra time taken up by further maths and, because i don't want to pursue a career in this field, I was wondering if i can take Maths and Further maths at AS then just maths as A2. Would i get the AS level in further maths?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bd17
Im currently studying maths and further maths.
This year i will take C1, C2 and S1 for normal maths and then S2, FP1 and M1 for further.
However, i have realised the significant extra time taken up by further maths and, because i don't want to pursue a career in this field, I was wondering if i can take Maths and Further maths at AS then just maths as A2. Would i get the AS level in further maths?

Thanks

Yes you will get an AS in FM. However consider taking it on if you are interested in fields such as engineering as it may prove useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bd17
Im currently studying maths and further maths.
This year i will take C1, C2 and S1 for normal maths and then S2, FP1 and M1 for further.

Thanks

You will end up with a full A level and a full AS level

Quick Reply

Latest