The Student Room Group

Need to break up with Boyfriend but his Birthday is soon

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simes
I think this is all just attention seeking.

She's dragged it out for a week and done nothing about it. He's clearly exciting to her because he's dangerous and she's got no life experience. She's going to end up in a position where she gets hurt, badly, and then probably whine about how all men are pigs for the rest of her life.

Alternatively she's a selfish little cow who is enjoying all the attention she is getting from her fretful mother, her boyfriend's friends, on here and everyone else she has been bragging to about how she's dating a gangsta.

When she finds out about the others he's seeing, she'll be gutted.

Hey ho, she knows he's trouble, and she's loving every minute of it.

Hey, OP, when you get hurt, just remember it's your own fault for not listening to everyone else, OK?

Are you actually being serious ? I'm not attention seeking' 1: If I wanted to attention seek Firstly I would come off anon :smile:
2: He's not 'exciting' I was actually so scared of coming out of my own home and walking around for two weeks....
3: My mother does not know I still takk to him, she thinks I doesn't...
4: I actually don't talk to my boyfriends friend's, hardly know them :smile:
5: I don't 'love' every minute of it, I did not love every minute of being scared to come out of my own home for two weeks, of course scared is a great feeling, If I so loved him being a bad boy and that lifestyle I wouldn't even consider breaking up
5a: I've been 'onnit' with another guy who was a overjealous prick, it hurt badly ( emotionally) but I moved on, if I wanted to whine about how all men are pigs I would have done so by now
6: I'm torn, I know it's stupid to be torn but I really am of course I don't like the drugs and all that stuff I know I need to get away ASAP but really I didn't want to break up with someone a week before their Birthday to ruin there Birthday party, wondering if it's appropriate or not
7: I hardly see him after that:P
8: Risking my life and being stupid I wanted to see hi in person, tell him it's officially done and it's over ( I feel it's crappy to do that onlibne tbh)
Original post by Simes

She's dragged it out for a week and done nothing about it. He's clearly exciting to her because he's dangerous and she's got no life experience. She's going to end up in a position where she gets hurt, badly, and then probably whine about how all men are pigs for the rest of her life.

Alternatively she's a selfish little cow who is enjoying all the attention she is getting from her fretful mother, her boyfriend's friends, on here and everyone else she has been bragging to about how she's dating a gangsta.

Hey, OP, when you get hurt, just remember it's your own fault for not listening to everyone else, OK?

* oh and I forgot to put I like him in sentence 6

It's stupid ik but I like him
But I can't stay, i'm not going on but the reason why I didn't breka up straight away is because... I like him

But seriously I was actually asking advice on whether to break up a week or two before is crappy or after is better because I haven't been in a relationship before

-_-
Original post by Simes

If I dragged it out any longer and actually didn't break up in the end and I got hurt then no I wouldn't? It would be my fault

2: I'm not even 'bragging' there is nothing to really brag about... Everyone else having/had nice relationships ( not talking about the ones ending badly) with decent boys who are clean, treating them good while I get with the wrong boy in the wrong crowd and I get beat up with a red eye...
Original post by Simes

Should have put *in nice relationships/were in nice relationships sorry
Original post by Simes

Maybe in this situation it's okay to do online though?
Reply 65
And now you can't even get your story straight:

Original post by Anonymous
5a: I've been 'onnit' with another guy who was a overjealous prick, it hurt badly ( emotionally) but I moved on, if I wanted to whine about how all men are pigs I would have done so by now

But seriously I was actually asking advice on whether to break up a week or two before is crappy or after is better because I haven't been in a relationship before
Original post by Simes

Onnit and being in a relationship are (Technically) different things?

O M G

Technically we didn't go out because we didn't ask each-other out but we acted like we were in a relationship

People are usually onnit or talking before they get into a relationship but before they get into a relationship it's classed as being single but talking to someone, when someone asks the other person out then it's a relationship

This was short though ? we hardly saw each-other :smile: then he got jealous when I said a model is hot ( even though before I said this model was hot he was talking about other models he found hot) L o l

I class this 'Gangsta' one as a First Boyfriend, because we did Boyfriend-Girlfriend things it was more official and just different fromn the guy I was onnit with I can't explain but yeah
Original post by Simes

Onnit or 'talking' means you're getting closer and closer (usually) eventually going to go out but you haven't yet it's a build up... it's BEFORE the relationship...

I put usually in brackets because with this guy I was onnit with we didn't ask each-other out so we didn't go out because he got too jealous of everything LOL

The gangsta asked me out, invited me to places, treated me like a girlfriend, did boyfriend-girlfriend stuff ( suprisingly clean places & clean boyfriend-girlfriend stuff until the night I got beat up :smile: ) I knew he smoked drugs and smoked but I know other nice people who smoke weed and aren't like street', he took me to the sister's freind flat and he pulled out drugs out of his pocket, told me afterwards it's a grand of weed ( I did NOT know that before going there that it he was that bad and that urm street')
OP, tell him before his b'day that you'll be busy due to work/sick relative. on his b'day show up at his party or drinks/restaurant. but tell him then you need space because work got you tired.

then about a couple of weeks, tell him you want to end, but then tell him the truth that you were being sensitive to his b'day.
Original post by hamix.forllz
OP, tell him before his b'day that you'll be busy due to work/sick relative. on his b'day show up at his party or drinks/restaurant. but tell him then you need space because work got you tired.

then about a couple of weeks, tell him you want to end, but then tell him the truth that you were being sensitive to his b'day.

That's a good point, before I would have said it's crappy to do it on the Birthday but this is pretty good advice :smile:
Reply 70
Now, like literally right now, so his bday can be used as a recovery day or something
Original post by Simes

I guess you could ( unofficially ) class it as we were going out but I class this Dealer as the first, he asked me out, it was different is was just more than 'talking' or flirting

Onnit and Relationship are two different things imo.

Onnit is just before it's Official, the build up.
Original post by hamix.forllz

Sorry just re-read this

When you say couple of weeks.... what do you mean like a week or five weeks
Original post by Simes

Lemme just add to this because I can't find the edit option...

I have already told him we need to talk he keeps asking is it bad or good I've said depends how you take it LMAO...

I was kinda going to do it Last friday actually :biggrin: But it got ruined somehow-_-
^read what I said to beckroo7 or whatever above I can't edit my posts or my orignial opening post

But you are saying you want to break up with him, you are kind of contradicting yourself if you are saying you like him yet you want to leave, honestly there is no easy way of doing it but if you feel you want to end it then there is no point waiting. Trust me I have been there before, the longer you leave it, the harder it will get. The other alternative is to just get on with it and stick by him. He is going to know at some point anyway that something is wrong.
^read what I said to beckroo7 or whatever above I can't edit my posts or my orignial opening post

:smile:

I wanted to, need to but I like him so much :frown:

Was thinking after valentines or something

^ I wouldn't do it on the Birthday thoug, not planning to

no, don't drag it out that long.. It's only valentines day. It's not a big deal, not like an anniversary or something. That shouldn't even factor in to it. Just break it off with him now or a few days after his birthday
Reply 76
Original post by Simes

LOL! You are too much!!! XD

OP, how did a person like you end up with a person like that? How did you lower your standards that low? Time to get out of the hole, girl. Dust yourself off and pick up your crown on the way out. Leave those peasants on the streets and away!
Original post by JackBlack
Just do it now. There's no point sticking around if you don't wanna be with him.
This. I'd rather that than anything else, I'd feel dirty if I'd been lied to (I have in the past, and I did feel dirty).
IMO my ex did this to me before my 21st and it ruined everything. And the fact it was over something so minor was heartbreaking.
I generally dont give a **** bout my bdays but i was really looking forward to my 21st, he knew this, so it made things worse. Its something id never forgive him for because ive always been such a good no great gf to him and there's been 2 occasions when weve been split up on his bday but i made sure id see him so he wasnt alone. As id made specific plans with him i wasnt in the mood to go out with friends. I wish he'd have waited till after. It would have made a difference.
So my opinion, its best to wait. You said he already knows so thats enough. U can confirm it officially after his bday
Coming off anon... LOL

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending