The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by CD223
The CGP revision guide is good for brief notes I find. I'd do that and then use the AQA book as a reference when you come across something you don't understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree the revision guides are good at putting things concisely and then if you do find something tricky you can go back to the text book to learn more :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by saad97
Scanning them is going to be a right hassle for you. :/
It's fine, was wondering if you had any notes typed up because my teacher this year is awful. Don't know how she graduated with a physics degree because she doesn't seem to know anything. Whenever we ask her a question regarding the content she has to google it and gets answers off wikipedia! -.-
But thanks for offering anyway and for your help on the question. Much appreciated! :biggrin:
I'm probably going to make summary notes from the CGP revision guide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no! There's nothing worse than a bad teacher. My notes are basically made from the textbook anyway because I learn more through reading than listening to someone (If that makes any sense) if there is any particular topic you want I don't mind scanning a few pages for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by _Caz_
Oh no! There's nothing worse than a bad teacher. My notes are basically made from the textbook anyway because I learn more through reading than listening to someone (If that makes any sense) if there is any particular topic you want I don't mind scanning a few pages for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! Especially when it comes to A2 Physics, it's difficult as it is already.
Oh yeah I know what you mean, I prefer doing that too.
Thanks, I'll have a look through my notes/ revision guide and let you know? Thanks anyway. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by CD223
The CGP revision guide is good for brief notes I find. I'd do that and then use the AQA book as a reference when you come across something you don't understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's an AQA physics book too? What does that look like? I thought there was only the CGP one? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by saad97
There's an AQA physics book too? What does that look like? I thought there was only the CGP one? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah just the student book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0748782818/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/278-4629086-1082524

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 105
I've just updated the first post with the link to the thread for PHYA4! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone

I'm also doing AQA A2 Physics and I've started Unit 5 and I will be doing turning points.

I have used the CGP A2 Physics text guide to help me with revision and it is amazing!
I definitely recommend this to all AQA Physics students.

A2-Level Physics for AQA A: Student Book

SAMPLE PAGES

Hope this helps, good luck with your exams
Anyone got applied physics notes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Just wondering - is anyone doing astro for the other module in unit 5? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!

I'm doing this exam too.

For me, I'm finding unit 5 harder than unit 4 at the moment. But that's probably because I haven't done that much revision on it. I really like the AQA revision guide, it has helped me loads.

Got an assessment next week on Thermal Physics, so I'm probably going to do a bunch of revision for that this week.

How's the revision going for everyone else?
Reply 110
Original post by RonanWalters
Hey!

I'm doing this exam too.

For me, I'm finding unit 5 harder than unit 4 at the moment. But that's probably because I haven't done that much revision on it. I really like the AQA revision guide, it has helped me loads.

Got an assessment next week on Thermal Physics, so I'm probably going to do a bunch of revision for that this week.

How's the revision going for everyone else?

I nearly mentioned that my college has a test next week for physics and then I realised we're from the same college :facepalm: haha - hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
I nearly mentioned that my college has a test next week for physics and then I realised we're from the same college :facepalm: haha - hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, hey!

How's physics going for you? (: I'm actually looking forward to the assessment, I can see where I'm at with thermal physics and hopefully work on my weaknesses. I've definitely found unit 5 harder than unit 4.
Reply 112
Original post by RonanWalters
Hahaha, hey!

How's physics going for you? (: I'm actually looking forward to the assessment, I can see where I'm at with thermal physics and hopefully work on my weaknesses. I've definitely found unit 5 harder than unit 4.

Not looking forward to it tbh. Giving us mock style tests with only 2 weeks between each set for the whole year through is not fair :/ I'm struggling with 4 a2 levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Original post by _Caz_

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am! We just started it last week, have you? I'm quite excited about it to be honest, seems fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Original post by saad97
I am! We just started it last week, have you? I'm quite excited about it to be honest, seems fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad you seem to be enjoying it. We've not started it yet. Looking forward to doing something different though! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by _Caz_

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing astro too :smile: starting it after the February half term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by CD223
I'm doing astro too :smile: starting it after the February half term.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! I think we're starting it around that time as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by _Caz_
Awesome! I think we're starting it around that time as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It looks interesting :smile: not sure about difficulty!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Ugh I have a thermal/kinetics test in an hour or so and I feel so ill. I have such a bad cold. Blehh wish me luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Ugh I have a thermal/kinetics test in an hour or so and I feel so ill. I have such a bad cold. Blehh wish me luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh thermal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending