The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Fair enough, I wish you the best of luck!

You too! And good luck with the competition - keep us updated in your blog, and you can chat with others in the discussion thread here!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
lol

Hi can I participate ?

I dropped my 4th AS in October and carried on with the 3. To get into a respectable uni, I'll need to get AAA this year, but it isn't looking that way at the moment

How can I 'prove' how poorly I'm doing ? :colondollar:
Original post by beyknowles
Hi can I participate ?

I dropped my 4th AS in October and carried on with the 3. To get into a respectable uni, I'll need to get AAA this year, but it isn't looking that way at the moment

Hi

Anyone can enter, you just need to set out your targets in this thread, and PM Puddles the Monkey some photos of mocks/evidence of your current grades!

Once you've sent the email you can set up your blog and then Puddles will let you know when your evidence has been verified.

All the info should be in the OP. Let me know if you need anymore help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chuffed with the responses this thread has had :woo: To all those making blogs the Study Help team is with you all the way :h:
Best of luck guys and girls! We're all here to help you succeed and reach your goals!

Study help mods like myself are ready to help you lot as well as the lovely study helpers team!
I would really love to join I've got 3 months till my exams and I need to get 8A*s :eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I really need to get good grades for GCSEs.

I am aiming for----

English Lang and Lit: at least a B
Maths: A*
Biology :A*
Chemistry :A*
History:A
Sociology:A
RE : A*
Art:B
French:B
Original post by AnimeFreak101
I would really love to join I've got 3 months till my exams and I need to get 8A*s :eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by rxyhxn

I am aiming for----

Awesome - it's great you both want to join! PM Puddles the Monkey pictures of your current grades so she can verify it, and in the meantime, feel free to start your blog here! - Once Puddles has verified your current grades she'll let you know!

If you have any queries or want to find out more, you can head over to the discussion thread!

Best of luck!
Original post by Princepieman
Let's do this!

Goals:

Advanced Higher Physics: A (A band 1/over 85%) need to, at least, get an A

Advanced Higher Maths: A (sitting at a B right now)

Advanced Higher French: B (need a lot of motivation for this! Have 2 essays to write, my French writing is atrocious and the reading analysis questions are hellish) - Help. Me.

Higher Computing: A (easy A, expecting A band)

I need to get ABB in my AH subjects to get into Nottingham.

Original post by beyknowles
Hi can I participate ?

Original post by AnimeFreak101

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by rxyhxn

I am aiming for----

[scroll]:banana::banana2::banana::banana2::banana:[/scroll]

I am PMing you guys right now :smile: :woo:
Original post by Mr...
I'm in Y10 so I'm aiming for an A* in Statistics:h:

Are you joining in too?

[scroll]:banana2::woo:[/scroll]
Original post by Mr...
:colone:

Spoiler

Boom! PM coming your way! :banana:
I'd like to join in!!
Aiming for A*s at A-Level physics, biology and chemistry but I need an A* in at least one to get into my firm choice.
I'm a way away from that at the moment I think... Oh, and also I'd like an A in further maths AS :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
I'd like to join in!!
Aiming for A*s at A-Level physics, biology and chemistry but I need an A* in at least one to get into my firm choice.
I'm a way away from that at the moment I think... Oh, and also I'd like an A in further maths AS :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:banana: :party: :banana:

Awesome! I'll PM you now! :woo:
This all looks fantastic! :biggrin: I would like to join in as well (I need something to motivate me to do my actual work), however I don't know what goals to set as I've already managed to get a first in my first year, so probably to maintain that first this year would be good.

Okay, so below are my goals.

- Achieve a first in all of my modules with an overall average being at 80% or higher!

- Do 3 hours of Italian each week to pick up from where I left off and prepare me for the summer

- Maintain publishing several articles, at least two a fortnight

- Plan my tutoring session a week I'm advance, this can be shown by taking pictures each week

- Study an hour a night on the extra courses I have signed up for

I think these should be enough to keep me busy the majority of the time, most likely
What if we're not taking any external examinations? Can we still enter?
I want all A's in my AS levels and at least B's (if not A's) in my A2's :smile: I'm doing this intensively this year so it's a lot of work but I think I can do it if I motivate myself :smile:
Original post by thirdcultureteen
What if we're not taking any external examinations? Can we still enter?

I think this will be ok, you will just need to use your internal exam grades for verification and for to compare with! Just double check with Puddles, and then she'll also PM you about verifying your grades!
Puddles the Monkey
x

Original post by JokerGirl
I want all A's in my AS levels and at least B's (if not A's) in my A2's :smile: I'm doing this intensively this year so it's a lot of work but I think I can do it if I motivate myself :smile:

Heya - it's awesome you want to get involved, Puddles will PM you with regards to verification, but in the meantime, you can set up your blog here and set out your goals and such!

You can also use the discussion thread to chat about study tips and such!

Best of luck!
This seems like a great idea! Need to get more motivated!

For AS I got BCD. My uni firm is BBB/ABC so it's my aim to make that:

Currently/Aim
Politics - C/B (resitting 1 unit)
Maths - D/B (resitting 2 units)
Psychology - C/B
I am in my A2 year at college and want to get my offer of BBC , I currently have BBD. My goals are to get an A* in Law (Currently B), B in History( Currently D) and a A* IN English Language ( Currently B).
Original post by MathsNerd1
x

Original post by AimeeGleek123
I am in my A2 year at college and want to get my offer of BBC , I currently have BBD. My goals are to get an A* in Law (Currently B), B in History( Currently D) and a A* IN English Language ( Currently B).

Original post by SophF_rth
This seems like a great idea! Need to get more motivated!

For AS I got BCD. My uni firm is BBB/ABC so it's my aim to make that:

Currently/Aim
Politics - C/B (resitting 1 unit)
Maths - D/B (resitting 2 units)
Psychology - C/B

Original post by JokerGirl

PMs coming your way :borat:

:banana: :banana2:

Latest

Trending

Trending