The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Adult nursing ucas

Hi,
i had a interview at bcu for adult nursing, i recieved a offer by email but nothing through UCAS yet? Anyone else?
when did you have your interview? what were the maths and English tests like? were the questions hard? I have my interview next week and im stressing about the tests
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Chloejoyce1997
when did you have your interview? what were the maths and English tests like? were the questions hard? I have my interview next week and im stressing about the tests

Hi, i had mine start of december. The maths and english tests were really easy. Its just basic stuff. You can find examples on their website. Its two maths and one english, it took me no longer than 10 minutes to do all.
And the interview itself was really nice, basically you watch a video and they ask you able it. Btw youll do well to look at the 6 c's. They help you if you get stuck in the inter iew too so there isnt anything to worry about!
ive looked at the sanple tests n their website but didnt think they would really be that easy, s alot of other uni's are asking for essays for the english ones. i did have a mock interview with college with bcu and they were really nice, she mentioned looking at the Francis report? did they ask aby specific questions abou this? i know it stilll desnt hurt to link it into my answers
Reply 4
They really are that easy, i had a test at wolvo and they wanted a essay. BCU doesnt. And no they didnt ask me about that when i did mine, but your right it doesnt hurt to look.
Original post by Loz6635
They really are that easy, i had a test at wolvo and they wanted a essay. BCU doesnt. And no they didnt ask me about that when i did mine, but your right it doesnt hurt to look.

Thank you soo much for your help!!!
Hi! I applied for adult nursing at BCU too. My UCAS went off on the 5th December 2014 but I've heard nothing from them other than a confirmation that they'd received my application the next day. How long were you two waiting before you heard from them about your interviews?
Reply 7
Mine was about two-three weeks? I sent it off middle november and had interview 4th december
Original post by Loz6635
Mine was about two-three weeks? I sent it off middle november and had interview 4th december

Hmm... Slightly concerned having been waiting almost 2 months. I have a friend who applied for radiography at BCU and she heard back pretty quick too. They can't reject me without telling me though can they?
Reply 9
No they have to inform you, ive heard a number of people have had interviews lately so you never know
Original post by Sunrise_17
Hi! I applied for adult nursing at BCU too. My UCAS went off on the 5th December 2014 but I've heard nothing from them other than a confirmation that they'd received my application the next day. How long were you two waiting before you heard from them about your interviews?

it was about two weeks before I heard back from them, it may have been longer, I sent it off the second week in November and I heard back from them the 1st December, my interview is the 29th January, im sure you will here off them soon, I know waiting is hard I felt exactly the same but the later you send it off the more applications they have to look through as the main deadline gets closer.
it was about two weeks before I heard back from them, it may have been longer, I sent it off the second week in November and I heard back from them the 1st December, my interview is the 29th January, im sure you will here off them soon, I know waiting is hard I felt exactly the same but the later you send it off the more applications they have to look through as the main deadline gets closer.

That's a good way of thinking about it - thank you. Hopefully I'll hear soon. Good luck with your interview!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loz6635
No they have to inform you, ive heard a number of people have had interviews lately so you never know

I can only hope to hear soon!! Thank you - good luck with your interview!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you... I heard back yesterday and guess what............. I GOT A PLACE!!!!!!
Original post by Loz6635
Hi,
i had a interview at bcu for adult nursing, i recieved a offer by email but nothing through UCAS yet? Anyone else?

I GOT A PLACE!!! I found out yesterday, I had an email as well last night after my UCAS had been updated, and it does say that if you haven't had it come through on UCAS then to get in contact with the uni and they will have a look on your records and update it onto UCAS, I would do this as you have to firm your place on UCAS and if its not been updated you cant chose your firm choice:smile:
Thank you... I heard back yesterday and guess what............. I GOT A PLACE!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! I've been invited to interview now as well!! :smile:
Reply 16
Congrats :smile: i've firmed my place now so yay! Just really need to know the start date now as i have a holiday around the same time woops! Haha
Reply 17
Ive created a facebook page for people starting adult nursing in october, so like the page and meet others!

https://www.facebook.com/BCUadultnursing2015?skip_nax_wizard=true&ref_type=bookmark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending