Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medicine Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
Birmingham = cheaper and good.

London = expensive and very good.

How come the intercalated degree is better?

Please don't throw that word around like it's nothing. I did not show dislike or prejudice against gay people.

Yeah, I would be happy at both Imperial/Birmingham but I'm now in the unexpected position of having offers from both.

Indeed you are damn lucky.. and it's a decision you have to think through.. i get why you are interested in Birmingham.. i don't blame you.. however i am dying to go to imperial so i can't be very objective.. and since i am a girl i don't have your issue :P ahahaha i am lucky in that aspect.. ahahaha.. about the money.. well maybe that's something you should discuss with your parents if they are paying.. indeed it's a hard decision.. but i believe a lot of people would be dying to be in your shoes right now.. anyhow you have time!!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
I know I'm definitely going to Imperial :smile:
Original post by YvT1
Indeed you are damn lucky.. and it's a decision you have to think through.. i get why you are interested in Birmingham.. i don't blame you.. however i am dying to go to imperial so i can't be very objective.. and since i am a girl i don't have your issue :P ahahaha i am lucky in that aspect.. ahahaha.. about the money.. well maybe that's something you should discuss with your parents if they are paying.. indeed it's a hard decision.. but i believe a lot of people would be dying to be in your shoes right now.. anyhow you have time!!

Youre a Cypriot right
how are you funding your degree?
It's like £50000 a year isn't it when you include living costs
if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by LJB96
I know I'm definitely going to Imperial :smile:

thats reassuring! Me as well!
Reply 24
Hey! I'm definitely going to Imperial too ^.^ Can't believe it still, feels so surreal, plus I have no exams or coursework or application stress left - super amazing feeling tbh :')
Reply 25
Original post by hen4r
Hey! I'm definitely going to Imperial too ^.^ Can't believe it still, feels so surreal, plus I have no exams or coursework or application stress left - super amazing feeling tbh :')

I feel so relieved, it really is a dream come true :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Youre a Cypriot right
how are you funding your degree?
It's like £50000 a year isn't it when you include living costs
if you don't mind me asking?

I am eu so it's the same as you guys.. i am not considered international.. that would have been bad.. i mean 35000 per year only to the uni and then on top of it london and its expensive accommodation would have been terrifying.. instead i pay 9000 as you and i can even ask for the loan.. haven't decided yet.. and then it's the accommodation which ok it's expensive but it's the same as for you..so i am not any different.. at least money related.. :tongue:
I'm firming Imperial!! Ahhh I can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YvT1
I am eu so it's the same as you guys.. i am not considered international.. that would have been bad.. i mean 35000 per year only to the uni and then on top of it london and its expensive accommodation would have been terrifying.. instead i pay 9000 as you and i can even ask for the loan.. haven't decided yet.. and then it's the accommodation which ok it's expensive but it's the same as for you..so i am not any different.. at least money related.. :tongue:

Ah cool
You will be a dr at the end so it's ok
Original post by hen4r

I'm a reapplicant so I'm on a gap year too! How are you spending the next 8 months?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by kashagupta
I'm a reapplicant so I'm on a gap year too! How are you spending the next 8 months?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Ooh I don't know just yet... I'm going abroad to visit family this weekend, and when I get back I'll probably see all my friends at uni. I'll carry on working as well, I guess. I'd travel but I have no friends on a gap year, and solo travel doesn't appeal to me so I might just wait til the summer and see what happens!

How about you? :smile:
Reply 31
Congrats to everyone who has an offer!
My interview is on Tuesday and im really hoping that i get an offer too! :awesome: im currently analysing my personal statement and using the isc and imperal interview books. I would very much appreciate some tips on how to prepare well and how not to mess up on the day!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ~Zahra~
Congrats to everyone who has an offer!
My interview is on Tuesday and im really hoping that i get an offer too! :awesome: im currently analysing my personal statement and using the isc and imperal interview books. I would very much appreciate some tips on how to prepare well and how not to mess up on the day!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your prep sounds good
Dont lose your head, or let nerves get the better of you
So as you guys know I'm an EU applicant :P I have my offer, but I apparently need to send them a completed DBS form and a Statement of Good Conduct. I have no idea what these are. Anyone with any ideas?
Original post by ozbilege
So as you guys know I'm an EU applicant :P I have my offer, but I apparently need to send them a completed DBS form and a Statement of Good Conduct. I have no idea what these are. Anyone with any ideas?

They'll send the pack to you in the post when you firm or insure
DBS- checks that you don't have a criminal record
good conduct is like an agreement that you'll stick to rules and stuff when you're there
they will also want jab records
They'll send the pack to you in the post when you firm or insure
DBS- checks that you don't have a criminal record
good conduct is like an agreement that you'll stick to rules and stuff when you're there
they will also want jab records

OOOOOH so I'll have to firm it first... that's terrible cuz I'll need to wait until April to firm, then I'll have a very short time to send it back to the UK. The postal service here is BEYOND terrible.
OOOOOH so I'll have to firm it first... that's terrible cuz I'll need to wait until April to firm, then I'll have a very short time to send it back to the UK. The postal service here is BEYOND terrible.

I think so I don't know
You could always fax
But i know they send stuff out anyway
I think so I don't know
You could always fax
But i know they send stuff out anyway

Sent them an email regarding these stuff... we'll see
Sent them an email regarding these stuff... we'll see

Let me know what they say