The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You will not go to hell for any of these things, since hell is a fictional place.
Original post by The_Internet
I don't know why you're getting in to an argument

I'm not, I specifically said I'm not :frown:

See my edit above. Assuming you've not been a Muslim, it's harder for you to relate to certain bits of advice that you think is "terrible"

From my perspective, I can't understand why anyone would do that to themselves. Instead of suppressing their entire sexuality, they only have to suppress 50% of it.

As I said before, that's a recipe for anxiety, depression, alcohol and drug abuse, and sometimes even suicide. No religion and no family expectation is worth destroying yourself and self-abnegating your existence

Perhaps we just see things differently. I'll look at your edit
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
I'm saying it's unpleasant because I have read the book so don't bother.

How is it unpleasant? I didn't find anything bad in there :K:
Reply 63
CLICK ON THE LINK, BROTHER!

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh
How is it unpleasant? I didn't find anything bad in there :K:

Of course you didn't. You're a Muslim - a religious conservative who worships a petty, jealous, narcissistic, vindictive, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, genocidal, sadistic, blood-thirsty ethnic cleanser.

See you in hell :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by felamaslen
You will not go to hell for any of these things, since hell is a fictional place.

Oh because you definitely know that don't you? You've died and come back alive to tell us that heaven and hell isn't real, right?
Reply 66
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
I'm saying it's unpleasant because I have read the book so don't bother.

No, not with an open mind, no you haven't.
Yeah I'm bi is basically I'm gay but don't want to admit it yet.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Of course you didn't. You're a Muslim - a religious conservative who worships a petty, jealous, narcissistic, vindictive, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, genocidal, sadistic, blood-thirsty ethnic cleanser.

Are we talking about the same thing here? :K:
Reply 69
You're asking this on a predominantly atheist forum. Obviously most people will support you. The fact that you had to ask... I think you already know what you're supposed to do.

I feel for you though. I made my sexual mistakes as well but we can always ask for forgiveness and change. Good luck!
Are we talking about the same thing here? :K:

If we're talking about Allah, the terrible copypasta of the tribal deity Yahweh, then yes :rofl:
If we're talking about Allah, the terrible copypasta of the tribal deity Yahweh, then yes :rofl:

:lol: Allah is great :smile:

Hot daym. Took the words right out of our mouths.
It's offensive to any god that you'd think the act of your mouth and someone's dick is of any relevance to the great universe. Good day to you dear Sir! Check out that massive pic of Andromeda galaxy released recently. Where does sex even fit on there?? Nowhere. Perspective.

The only representation of god is the lady in the second post telling you to repent. You're just obeying people, not god. Anyone who ever played the telephone game where you whisper words in a line of people, would realise that that word doesn't get passed on accurately after 3 people or so. I wouldn't dream of expecting the word of god to be passed on over how many thousands of years? And about something so irrelevant as... sex?

Let's be honest here :smile:
Original post by AnharM
No, not with an open mind, no you haven't.

Annoys me how some atheists claim they have thoroughly read and understood the Quran when they haven't. The Quran is written in ancient Arabic which cant exactly be translated into modern English due to the nature of the Arabic language back then. Modern day Arabs themselves cant even fully understand the Arabic written in the Quranic text. Also, the Quran is filled with metaphors so some things shouldn't be taken literally.
Original post by Ebony19
Hot daym. Took the words right out of our mouths.

I must confess, I was paraphrasing Richard Dawkins :colondollar:
Original post by Flying Cookie
It's offensive to any god that you'd think the act of your mouth and someone's dick is of any relevance to the great universe. Good day to you dear Sir! Check out that massive pic of Andromeda galaxy released recently. Where does sex even fit on there?? Nowhere. Perspective.

The only representation of god is the lady in the second post telling you to repent. You're just obeying people, not god. Anyone who ever played the telephone game where you whisper words in a line of people, would realise that that word doesn't get passed on accurately after 3 people or so. I wouldn't dream of expecting the word of god to be passed on over how many thousands of years? And about something so irrelevant as... sex?

Let's be honest here :smile:

The Quran hasn't changed a single word since it was written :tongue:

Anyways, if he believes in Islam, he should repent, if not then this thread is pointless; there is no need for me, you or anyone else to convince him what to believe.
I must confess, I was paraphrasing Richard Dawkins :colondollar:

Dawkins hasn't even read the Quran, only the Bible, so it's not exactly like God will be portrayed the same, so you can't really make that assumption that God was XYZ as you said above. I can have two Volkswagon cars and they can be quite different but share the same function of being a deity. Only call Allah that if you've bothered to read and understand the Quran, otherwise your post is essentially ignorant conjecture, simply posted in an attempt to get a cheap laugh out of mocking what someone else believes in.
Dawkins hasn't even read the Quran, only the Bible, so it's not exactly like God will be portrayed the same, so you can't really make that assumption that God was XYZ as you said above. I can have two Volkswagon cars and they can be quite different but share the same function of being a deity. Only call Allah that if you've bothered to read and understand the Quran, otherwise your post is essentially ignorant conjecture, simply posted in an attempt to get a cheap laugh out of mocking what someone else believes in.

Oh dear. If you actually compared Dawkins' quote with mine, you'd notice that I've omitted the descriptions that do not apply to Allahn.

Allahn Akbar!
Just curious, is there any actual sound reasoning behind prohibiting homosexual relationships?

Latest

Trending

Trending