The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meganfleur
I was immediately successful for the HR Stream! :biggrin:

For anyone wondering, I was at the FSAC on Monday (19 Jan), my status changed to 'Awaiting Results' at 5pm on Wednesday (21 Jan) and I found out that I was successful this morning at 10am!

I am so so happy! Thanks to everyone who offered me advice and good luck to all those still waiting. Please let me know if I can help!

Commiserations to all those receiving disappointing news. Don't give up - many more people get through the second time around, apparently! x

Congratulations, you must be thrilled that all the hard work paid off.

I have applied for HR also and I have my assesment late February, getting nervous already! How did you find the FSAC?
Reply 1841
Original post by hyacinthgirl
Nope still awaiting results! I guess we're amber banded (my FSAC was 8th Jan though)

Bit confused about when the first band narrowing will be, website is contradictory

Yeah the amber club is frustrating :frown: . I was wondering if anyone had heard. My reading of the information on their website is that there should be a review of marks next week (end of January). They mention that the next stage, FSB, is in early March - so I guess for the Diplomatic Scheme at least we should know latest mid February. Best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PJ07
Yeah the amber club is frustrating :frown: . I was wondering if anyone had heard. My reading of the information on their website is that there should be a review of marks next week (end of January). They mention that the next stage, FSB, is in early March - so I guess for the Diplomatic Scheme at least we should know latest mid February. Best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes hope so! On my notes on the website I can also see this: "If you are still at a status of "Awaiting Results” for more than a week after attending FSAC, you possibly may not get your result until pass marks are reviewed in February / March / April. FSAC feedback reports will be made available online by mid April."

But fingers crossed for end of Jan anyway, the wait is killing me! Very best of luck to you too, hopefully central departments is still in sight if DS is a no, too.
If it says you've 'passed' Central Departments but are still 'awaiting results' for the Diplomatic Service - will that mean if I'm unsuccessful for the Diplomatic Service, I still have a job in the Central Departments?

I don't want to get too excited until it's all confirmed!
Original post by AnnieRose212
If it says you've 'passed' Central Departments but are still 'awaiting results' for the Diplomatic Service - will that mean if I'm unsuccessful for the Diplomatic Service, I still have a job in the Central Departments?

Yup

Hi Annie, congratulations! Is that all on the same application? Mine still says diplomatic service at the top but just says awaiting results, it doesn't specify what for. Thanks!
Hi Annie, congratulations! Is that all on the same application? Mine still says diplomatic service at the top but just says awaiting results, it doesn't specify what for. Thanks!

You'll get a message in your inbox with news of the individual results. When all of your preferences have a result I think the 'awaiting results' bit will change.
Original post by TritonSails
You'll get a message in your inbox with news of the individual results. When all of your preferences have a result I think the 'awaiting results' bit will change.

Thanks! Wish they told us this stuff...
Thanks! Wish they told us this stuff...

Yeah it's a pain. I also didn't get an email notifying me of my new message saying I was unsuccessful for DS and still being considered for CD, I only noticed when I logged in and checked. So keep hitting F5...
Reply 1849
Anyone from the FSAC on 20th had results?
I had the FSAC on the 22nd (yesterday). I'll be sure to post if/when my status changes from "awaiting event", and any results as they happen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TritonSails

Oooh, hang on. My first pref is DS, second CD. I'm still on 'awaiting results' on the DS progress page after a couple of weeks now, so does that mean that for both DS and CD I am in the 'amber bracket'?

I was assuming (hoping) it meant that I was in amber for DS and that they would only look at my marks for CD after my chances for DS had been exhausted (i.e. I was hoping this meant I was probably high enough for CD, even if I were to eventually miss out on DS).

Can't quite believe I've adopted all these acronyms...
Reply 1852

Did you get that message? or are you asking 'what if'?

If you did get that message then yes I think you can celebrate having a central departments place... and best of luck with the DS hopefully you get that too.
Original post by bertiev2
Thanks, looks like I'll be waiting a while then! I'm presuming that as a new scheme they may not even have any rough ideas as to which scores will be immediate pass/fails at this stage.

The assessment centre is exactly the same as for everyone else, in my group there were people applying to Generalist, HR, HoP etc and we all had exactly the same experience. The assessors don't know what scheme any of us have applied for but in discussion I found it useful to mention to the assessor of both my leadership exercise and interviewer.

If, however, we pass the FSAC we will be invited to a final selection board where we will be tested/questioned on things specific to the department and scheme (I think?). It said somewhere that these would run between Feb and April but since your FSAC is so late I guess that means they won't be until April for this scheme?

Good luck

Yes I agree, as they wont have any scores from previous years to compare to, so at least would have to wait until the majority of applicants, if not all, had attended a FSAC....

Great, thanks for the advice, I think that would be useful!

Yep there is a final selection board interview for successful FSAC candidates which I presume wont be until April!

Thanks for the reply :-)
My FSAC is on Monday, kind of bricking it! :eek:

I have a quick Q: Do you get a break in between tasks? If so, is it frowned upon if you look at some notes before the next event.
Original post by madl24903

I have a quick Q: Do you get a break in between tasks? If so, is it frowned upon if you look at some notes before the next event.

You do get breaks in between, although the only substantial one is for lunch. They asked us to put everything in lockers at the beginning of the day, and although I don't clearly remember being told this, the impression I got was that if you were caught looking at stuff in between tasks you would be asked to leave. So...maybe not worth the risk. (Time-honoured method of hand scribblings instead?)

pretty sure this is fine? You get told you can put stuff in the lockers, but this is more to keep your stuff safe than leaving it in the common room, and you can go back to your locker at any point between tasks.

I had a break before my interview which I spent reading the info from the FSAC guide I brought with me and notes I had.

I don't recall anything being said on the day about not looking at stuff you had brought in with you in between tasks. The only thing we were told would get us asked to leave FSAC and not come back was talking about the exercises we had already done to other candidates as some people won't have done them yet (awkward as all anyone wants to do is talk about how the day is going; I tried not to join in with chat about tasks we had done as I didn't want to cross this line!)
Original post by frerejacques
pretty sure this is fine? You get told you can put stuff in the lockers, but this is more to keep your stuff safe than leaving it in the common room, and you can go back to your locker at any point between tasks.

I had a break before my interview which I spent reading the info from the FSAC guide I brought with me and notes I had.

I don't recall anything being said on the day about not looking at stuff you had brought in with you in between tasks. The only thing we were told would get us asked to leave FSAC and not come back was talking about the exercises we had already done to other candidates as some people won't have done them yet (awkward as all anyone wants to do is talk about how the day is going; I tried not to join in with chat about tasks we had done as I didn't want to cross this line!)

[QUOTE=snorkeltovictory]You do get breaks in between, although the only substantial one is for lunch. They asked us to put everything in lockers at the beginning of the day, and although I don't clearly remember being told this, the impression I got was that if you were caught looking at stuff in between tasks you would be asked to leave. So...maybe not worth the risk. (Time-honoured method of hand scribblings instead?)

Thanks guys. Conflicting info but I'll ask on the day. On a completely different note, how is the lunchtime nosh? :biggrin:
Thanks guys. Conflicting info but I'll ask on the day. On a completely different note, how is the lunchtime nosh? :biggrin:

Sadly someone decided to make absolutely sure that they're Delivering Value for Money with lunch. It's fine, sandwiches and fruit. Also promised biscuits that never materialised. Raided it at the end of the day to make sure I'm guaranteed something out of it (I expect someone did the same with the biscuits).

From what I remember, I recall being told at the start to treat the whole day as under exam conditions, so I didn't risk it.

Instead I tried re-writing my notes before my interview to help jolt my memory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending