The Student Room Group

How would you react to finding out your the 'bit on the side'

Basically how would you react if you found out someone you where seeing was actually cheating on a their long term partner with you?
I'd be extremely happy, I don't care as long as I'm having sex. I don't care if I'm being used, let em use me, we don't even need to know each other's names, she can be wearing a paper bag over her head. I don't care, I just want sex. That's all I need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I'll be happy if you think about everything overall your winning full stop. Your getting sex & no aggro, no commitment, no stress, nothing is on your head all you have to ensure is you put in the Oscar winning performance in the bedroom (or where ever you indulge in Sexual activity) & you continue to come as you please living your movie to the fullest.
The above posters have no scruples, then. I would find it morally repugnant. If you think there's nothing but sex involved, you're naive.
I would be very pissed and I would no doubt give them what for.
If I was in love with them then I'd be absolutely heartbroken. I'd like to think I'd also be strong enough to leave without turning back, because that's not the kind of person I'd like to spend my life with.
It depends. If I were just sleeping with them then I'd be rather angry and stop. If I actually really cared for them and thought our relationship was going somewhere then I'd be extremely angry and disgusted. Definitely would break it off though, and probably end up informing their partner because no way am I allowing anybody to get off with that so easily :colonhash:
Original post by manic_fuzz
It depends. If I were just sleeping with them then I'd be rather angry and stop. If I actually really cared for them and thought our relationship was going somewhere then I'd be extremely angry and disgusted. Definitely would break it off though, and probably end up informing their partner because no way am I allowing anybody to get off with that so easily :colonhash:

This is pretty much everything I was going to say.
Reply 8
Original post by Emily.97
If I was in love with them then I'd be absolutely heartbroken. I'd like to think I'd also be strong enough to leave without turning back, because that's not the kind of person I'd like to spend my life with.
Aw yeah I'd like to say I'd slap them up and be like what you think you're ****ing playing at but I would most likely just be really heartbroken and leave them in a big emotional mess...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
my reaction: :wavey:
Devastated. We live together, so it would be interesting to know how I'm the extra. Maybe he could tell me about it as I throw his stuff out.
Reply 11
Original post by sliceofcake
Devastated. We live together, so it would be interesting to know how I'm the extra. Maybe he could tell me about it as I throw his stuff out.

The above quote is fantastic...

As a guy myself I find it strange that there are two (usual) distinct types of guys, players and supposed 'nice guys' which end up having 'Nice Guy Syndrome' and being no better than the players.

Anyway, back to the question. If I was the 'bit on the side', I would feel a sense of being lied to and feel like I could no longer trust the person in question.

If they do truly love you, they will come clean and admit they have done wrong and will try everything to gain your true trust. However if they do not, I advise you leave before this becomes serious and seriously affects you even more than what it already has done
Wandering what the hell he was playing at. And yes, I have been in that situation before. Well, I did kind of suspect it. Given that he was stupid enough to call some woman (he claimed he was his ex) in front of me. The way they talked led me to believe that wasn't the case.

If you are going to call your girlfriend, don't be such a muppet and do it in front of me please.

He isn't aware that I didn't want a relationship with him because of that. He also wasn't aware that I'd been informed that he was with someone. Or rather, my friends words were "I thought he had a girlfriend".
Original post by Ebony19
Aw yeah I'd like to say I'd slap them up and be like what you think you're ****ing playing at but I would most likely just be really heartbroken and leave them in a big emotional mess...

Haha yeah,! Although for them to do something like that to you- its better I think to be the better person and leave with your head held high. Hopefully it'll never happen to us!!
Original post by Emily.97
Haha yeah,! Although for them to do something like that to you- its better I think to be the better person and leave with your head held high. Hopefully it'll never happen to us!!
Yeah I guess although I don't imagine it's the easiest thing to walk away with your head held high in that kind of a situation. And yeah fingers crossed :/ it doesn't happen :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Well, I'd see it that they're also cheating on me. Ensure all parties involved are aware and then walk away.
They would be binned immediately.
"Lemme find out." If I found out that I was his nandos rice not even his main dish, a side. Boyyy he would not be around no more, he would not be around no more. You have to have self respect first of all. If they don't value you enough to make you their one and only or value their partner enough to not cheat in the first place then what are you doing? It's a no brainer for me, I would not allow that.
Original post by chlobofro
They would be binned immediately.

Preach!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending