The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by djavor
Ohhh did you get rejected from all 5 as well :frown: I'm so worried that's gonna happen to me lol.. Can't even take the postgrad route cos I got a 2.2 in my first degree :/

I got offered an alternative for DMU and got outright rejected from man met because I only had a c at one of my GCSEs and not a B haha. And I was 2 points off at the Manchester interview and I withdrew Leeds. I wouldn't worry, if you're willing to travel then you'll get in somewhere!
Original post by nesca89
I got offered an alternative for DMU and got outright rejected from man met because I only had a c at one of my GCSEs and not a B haha. And I was 2 points off at the Manchester interview and I withdrew Leeds. I wouldn't worry, if you're willing to travel then you'll get in somewhere!

Ohh I see yeah I don't care where I go just want to get in somewhere! I'm sure there's still hope for Manchester for you tho good luck! :smile:
Original post by djavor
Ohh I see yeah I don't care where I go just want to get in somewhere! I'm sure there's still hope for Manchester for you tho good luck! :smile:

Don't worry, you'll get in somewhere :smile: good luck and keep us all updated!
got a rejection from man met :/
Original post by beth_23

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: have you had any offers yet?
Original post by beth_23

Sorry to hear that, I got rejected from them too :frown: have you applied anywhere else?
Hi all, I'm moaning about BCU again! Having applied in late November and hearing nothing back since, would any of you in my situation ring up and see what's going on? I ask because I've already called twice and don't want to run the risk of coming across too pushy, but I need to know what's happening with my application...especially since I know people applying after me have received interview invites??? Please advise...TIA.
Original post by JaaySLT
Hi all, I'm moaning about BCU again! Having applied in late November and hearing nothing back since, would any of you in my situation ring up and see what's going on? I ask because I've already called twice and don't want to run the risk of coming across too pushy, but I need to know what's happening with my application...especially since I know people applying after me have received interview invites??? Please advise...TIA.

What's the worst that could happen? It's just asking for some information.. I know a few people have said there is a delay like 3 weeks apparently! But they don't know you know that, so I'd ring up.. As long as you're not rude (which I'm sure you're not :smile:) they are probably used to us ringing and badgering them! Between me and you they probably have their work cut out with phonecalls haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was meant to hear back from uea a month ago and still haven't :frown:
Original post by MrsMoonie
What's the worst that could happen? It's just asking for some information.. I know a few people have said there is a delay like 3 weeks apparently! But they don't know you know that, so I'd ring up.. As long as you're not rude (which I'm sure you're not :smile:) they are probably used to us ringing and badgering them! Between me and you they probably have their work cut out with phonecalls haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right, I haven't really got much to lose at this stage of the game! So I just called them up and they've confirmed that that have my application and I should here something by next Friday, if not then they've encouraged me to bother them again!!! They've had a backlog and even though I applied in November, they didn't receive my application till mid December-so that makes me feel a bit better. I also asked how come people that applied after me have had correspondence of some sort, and was advised that this wasn't any cause for concern as sometimes that's just how the system works, so for those of you that are experiencing 'silence' from BCU then hopefully this info may help:smile:!
Original post by MrsMoonie

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the update on your application? Any news on your end?
Original post by djavor
Sorry to hear that, I got rejected from them too :frown: have you applied anywhere else?

yes, sheffield, birmingham, city and marjon.
Original post by beth_23
yes, sheffield, birmingham, city and marjon.

Have you had interviews for your other choices?
Original post by nesca89
Have you had interviews for your other choices?

I've got an interview for sheffield on 2nd february, haven't heard back from the others yet but I only put in my application on 14th January.
Original post by beth_23
I've got an interview for sheffield on 2nd february, haven't heard back from the others yet but I only put in my application on 14th January.

Well you're doing well considering you've not long put your application in! :smile: good luck at your interview
Completely forgot to update this on here.. but interview at Demontfort next week! Getting really nervous now...
Original post by JaaySLT
You're right, I haven't really got much to lose at this stage of the game! So I just called them up and they've confirmed that that have my application and I should here something by next Friday, if not then they've encouraged me to bother them again!!! They've had a backlog and even though I applied in November, they didn't receive my application till mid December-so that makes me feel a bit better. I also asked how come people that applied after me have had correspondence of some sort, and was advised that this wasn't any cause for concern as sometimes that's just how the system works, so for those of you that are experiencing 'silence' from BCU then hopefully this info may help:smile:!

Oh wow! Only a week wait for you then.. That's reassuring! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else still waiting for Leeds or just me..? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Is anyone else still waiting for Leeds or just me..? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure there's a few people, I know someone personally who isn't on student rooms and she's still waiting... Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear soon
Reply 1399
Hi, new to this! I submitted my ucas application on the 15th and have applied for manchester, mmu, leeds, Sheffield and reading. Recieved an interview offer for Sheffield this morning for the 2nd, although my track has stil not updated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest