The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophiaLDN
Haha! Its just a phrase, meaning make the most out of it as you can! You've never heard "milk it" before? I thought it was pretty common :tongue:

what did you get in a levels?

Economics with mathematics? at lse... wow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
Lool thanks for the advice!!
What do u mean 'the start of your life' btw? My mum always says the same thing but she means marriage, babies etc lol

Yikessss are u graduating this year? And if so, how do u feel about it?

Haha my mum said the same too. No, not that at all. I mean it's the start of your adult life now & everything you do now would impact your future. Also it's kind of the start if young adult hood lol

Yeaah I am, inshallah! Nervous yet soo ready for this to be over with tbh. I just want to graduate now! How are you finding Uni now? Do you enjoy it, is it all you hoped for?

Original post by missfats
what did you get in a levels?

Economics with mathematics? at lse... wow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, A*A*A
x

What are you career goals?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
What are you career goals?

No idea right now. I'm undecided. I feel bad sometimes that everyone mostly has an idea of where they are heading but I haven't made a plan yet. Just trying to finish Uni & sort my life out first.
No idea right now. I'm undecided. I feel bad sometimes that everyone mostly has an idea of where they are heading but I haven't made a plan yet. Just trying to finish Uni & sort my life out first.

Hmm.. okay. See you in dem banks yo.
Hmm.. okay. See you in dem banks yo.

Probably lol. Your goals?
Probably lol. Your goals?

Those bulge bracket investment banks. It's nutn else.
Salaam All, Kayf al hal? (How are you?)
Haha my mum said the same too. No, not that at all. I mean it's the start of your adult life now & everything you do now would impact your future. Also it's kind of the start if young adult hood lol

Yeaah I am, inshallah! Nervous yet soo ready for this to be over with tbh. I just want to graduate now! How are you finding Uni now? Do you enjoy it, is it all you hoped for?

Yeah, A*A*A

I heard lse economic is hard, so imagine economic with mathematics... :tongue:
what interested you about economics?

what we're your a levels.
well done
Posted from TSR Mobile
Those bulge bracket investment banks. It's nutn else.

Inshallah bro

I heard lse economic is hard, so imagine economic with mathematics... :tongue:
what interested you about economics?

what we're your a levels.
well done
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is + lots of pressure to do well. You have to study 24/7, it takes up all of your time & then some more. I like the fact that economics is prevalent in our day to day lives, it's such a broad subject & gives you a greater understanding of how the world works.
Very interesting, you will not be bored.

Maths, Further Maths & English Lit. Thanks!
Original post by DarkMystryXxX

Salaam! Currently dying (norovirus). How are you? This soc is a little quiet lately
Inshallah bro

Yeah it is + lots of pressure to do well. You have to study 24/7, it takes up all of your time & then some more. I like the fact that economics is prevalent in our day to day lives, it's such a broad subject & gives you a greater understanding of how the world works.
Very interesting, you will not be bored.

Maths, Further Maths & English Lit. Thanks!

what classification are you on track to get?

interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what classification are you on track to get?

interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

2:1

What about you? Are you currently at Uni? What do you want to study?
Salaam! Currently dying (norovirus). How are you? This soc is a little quiet lately

Aww, you alright sis. I am doing well, alhamdulilah. Just trying to get through first year of uni, just a few 3 months left but have a whole load of assignment Lol. :biggrin:
Woooo, a somali society? When did us Somali's get a GOVERNMENT?! ^^
Aww, you alright sis. I am doing well, alhamdulilah. Just trying to get through first year of uni, just a few 3 months left but have a whole load of assignment Lol. :biggrin:

You can do it! Just think of the end goal haha, not long left till Easter break & summer too. :smile:

Original post by JamesNeedHelp2

Lol are you Somali? Why are you helping James & not Abdi or Ayaanle?
You can do it! Just think of the end goal haha, not long left till Easter break & summer too. :smile:

Lol are you Somali? Why are you helping James & not Abdi or Ayaanle?

I am indeed. Well, i think you make a valid point, why on earth is my name Jamesneedhelp2 on the studentroom and JAKOB in real life? I have got the same question banded around for two decades minus 4 years (im 20), without any credible justification.

Spoiler

Original post by JamesNeedHelp2

Trust:smug:

Does Somalia even have a government?]:laugh:

Wait a minute.... aren't you that Somali yout that gasses himself up?

About how ridiculously good looking he is.

Don't try it fam,
I'm from the hood of London, so my lingo's ghetto.:mmm:
(edited 9 years ago)

alhamdulillah innani bil khair, souedtoo bi lika’ek:tongue:.

Yeah, A*A*A

Oh i see. I cant wait to see what the future holds for me. Hopefully great things God willing :biggrin:
And yeah i can only imagine!
Uni is meh. Im thinking of dropping out and applying for another course. A-level psychology was so deceiving. Uni is completely different. Alot of stats and bio involved :puke:
The social aspect is good though and i made some friends that i know i'll always be in touch with inShaAllah

Quick Reply

Latest