The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
I must confess, I was paraphrasing Richard Dawkins :colondollar:
Really he said that wow shocked...

Still it sounded powerful, maybe slightly over inflated but still it got to the point quickly.
Oh dear. If you actually compared Dawkins' quote with mine, you'd notice that I've omitted the descriptions that do not apply to Allahn.

Allahn Akbar!

Genocidal? Ethnic-Cleanser? Racist? Etc etc
Doesn't seem like you did give it much thought at all :lol:
Original post by AnharM
Oh because you definitely know that don't you? You've died and come back alive to tell us that heaven and hell isn't real, right?

If it is up to me to prove that hell isn't real, then it is up to you to prove that never never land doesn't exist. It is also up to you to prove that the wonderland in "Alice in Wonderland" doesn't exist. Or do you believe these places are also real?

Hell is nothing more than depraved fiction designed to terrify the innocent.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Genocidal? Ethnic-Cleanser? Racist? Etc etc
Doesn't seem like you did give it much thought at all :lol:

Of course. Allahn repeatedly boasts about how He ****ed up many cities and communtities in history. Allahn proudly cites the examples of the people of Lut, Nuh, Hud, etc repeatedly throughout the Qur'an, as a warning to present and future communities.

Allahn the racist prefers the Arabs and Israrelites over all people. Allahn the racist constantly portrays the colour black in a negative manner ("...their faces will be blackened on the Day...", "...kill the black dogs...", "...black women in dreams are a sign of plague...", etc).
The Quran hasn't changed a single word since it was written :tongue:

Anyways, if he believes in Islam, he should repent, if not then this thread is pointless; there is no need for me, you or anyone else to convince him what to believe.

You're right, it hasn't. So where have all these cocky "new" denominations of religion come from? Christianity as well has a ridiculous number of sub-sections that chose to invent themselves.

If they could... chap, you can too. I am sure there's already a Muslim community of sexually liberated people.
Of course. Allahn repeatedly boasts about how He ****ed up many cities and communtities in history. Allahn proudly cites the examples of the people of Lut, Nuh, Hud, etc repeatedly throughout the Qur'an, as a warning to present and future communities.

Allahn the racist prefers the Arabs and Israrelites over all people. Allahn the racist constantly portrays the colour black in a negative manner ("...their faces will be blackened on the Day...", "...kill the black dogs...", "...black women in dreams are a sign of plague...", etc).

Hardly ethnic-cleaning, since they aren't being 'cleansed' because of their ethnicity. They were punished with calamities because they rejected their messengers who came with clear signs.

Hardly racist when He has said that the Arabs are not superior over anyone else... if you look at it, 'Israel' is another name for Jacob (I think it was Jacob) and thus the Israelites are the people who followed Jacob. The Israelites are thus the believers, not necessarily a racial group, so simply Allah favours those who believe over those who disbelieve :lol:
Oh hogwash, you know that the use of black isn't being used in a racist manner, it's just basic usage of imagery in language, like how we use 'dark' and 'black' in a negative way sometimes in English without being racist. Haven't heard the black woman thing or black dog thing, you'll have to clarify that for me (genuinely) :beard:
Original post by Flying Cookie
You're right, it hasn't. So where have all these cocky "new" denominations of religion come from? Christianity as well has a ridiculous number of sub-sections that chose to invent themselves.

If they could... chap, you can too. I am sure there's already a Muslim community of sexually liberated people.

Muslims aren't allowed to divide themselves into sects; sects have however appeared due to corruptions or innovations of belief which steer away from the Quran and the teachings of the Prophet, or like in the case of the Shia, political differences in the early stages of Islam have led to the formation of a different branch within Islam.

Rofl. The racist argument is just pure rubbish. Try harder, it's pathetic.
Hardly ethnic-cleaning, since they aren't being 'cleansed' because of their ethnicity. They were punished with calamities because they rejected their messengers who came with clear signs.

Hardly racist when He has said that the Arabs are not superior over anyone else... if you look at it, 'Israel' is another name for Jacob (I think it was Jacob) and thus the Israelites are the people who followed Jacob. The Israelites are thus the believers, not necessarily a racial group, so simply Allah favours those who believe over those who disbelieve :lol:
Oh hogwash, you know that the use of black isn't being used in a racist manner, it's just basic usage of imagery in language, like how we use 'dark' and 'black' in a negative way sometimes in English without being racist. Haven't heard the black woman thing or black dog thing, you'll have to clarify that for me (genuinely) :beard:

Gotta love it when apologists defend outrageous mass-murders and genocides "because they rejected the messengers!" or in other words, because they failed to recognise the supremacy of an obsessively jealous tribal diety who apparently likes to flex his muscles at every opportunity, but has been mysteriously quite and camera-shy for a long time! :rolleyes:

Of course he's racist brah. The Middle-East, specifically Arabia is his favourite destination in the world. No wonder the early exegetes and scholars (see Al-Tabari, ibn Taymiyyah et al) considered Arabs to be the most pious, and most important in the eyes of Allahn. LOL, Israelites are not "followers of Jacob". Rather, they are his descendants, and favoured by God due to the plethora of messengers sent to them specifically (for whatever reason). It's not a case of Allahn preferring believers over disbelievers (though this is just an example of Allahn's pettiness), rather they are preferred due to their location, lineage and ancestory. As for the English usage of the colour black(?) or darkness in a negative way, I've never come across anyone say something like "evil people have black faces, or will have black faces", nor have I come across a portrayal of evil people as exclusively black. Here's the hadith of the black woman; here's the one about black dogs. Here's a series of hadith, emphasising Mo's white complexion (presumably because his companions believed whiteness = good): Bukhari 4:56:767, 1:8:23, 8:78:693, etc.

Of course, you will no doubt deny or rationalise all of this, but then again you're a Muslim conservative who is obligated to defend his religion, regardless of its unpleasantness. Have a nice day, Ornlu.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Akamega
Just curious, is there any actual sound reasoning behind prohibiting homosexual relationships?

Yes, most of it's the usual 'I wouldn't, therefore you mustn't' stuff.

But if you're a small group of people in a harsh land surrounded by lots of other groups and are worried about not having enough fighters, you'd quite like to have your lot be having reproductive sex rather than recreational or relational sex.

Even to the point where it's ok to rape female slaves, apparently.

That you would get more fighters via divine revelation of, say, Pasteurisation of milk and the consequential survival of many more of your people gives an indication of how truly divine-inspired these prohibitions are.
Gotta love it when apologists defend outrageous mass-murders and genocides "because they rejected the messengers!" or in other words, because they failed to recognise the supremacy of an obsessively jealous tribal diety who apparently likes to flex his muscles at every opportunity, but has been mysteriously quite and camera-shy for a long time! :rolleyes:

Of course he's racist brah. The Middle-East, specifically Arabia is his favourite destination in the world. No wonder the early exegetes and scholars (see Al-Tabari, ibn Taymiyyah et al) considered Arabs to be the most pious, and most important in the eyes of Allahn. LOL, Israelites are not "followers of Jacob". Rather, they are his descendants, and favoured by God due to the plethora of messengers sent to them specifically (for whatever reason). It's not a case of Allahn preferring believers over disbelievers (though this is just an example of Allahn's pettiness), rather they are preferred due to their location, lineage and ancestory. As for the English usage of the colour black(?) or darkness in a negative way, I've never come across anyone say something like "evil people have black faces, or will have black faces", nor have I come across a portrayal of evil people as exclusively black. Here's the hadith of the black woman; here's the one about black dogs. Here's a series of hadith, emphasising Mo's white complexion (presumably because his companions believed whiteness = good): Bukhari 4:56:767, 1:8:23, 8:78:693, etc.

Of course, you will no doubt deny or rationalise all of this, but then again you're a Muslim conservative who is obligated to defend his religion, regardless of its unpleasantness. Have a nice day, Ornlu.

Not good arguments
:no:

I know you wish like to think you're clever and know Islam better then those evil moslems but

Not good aguments

I know you like to think you're clever and know Islam better then those evil moslems but
Reply 92
Original post by Thechillyone
Not his fault god created him like this is it? If God has such a problem with it he's more than welcome to fix his mistake.

I don't think you understand the religion very well.
He's a Muslim, and like other Muslims he probably believes that life is a test from God. The test is different for different people. One person might be born blind, the other gay, and the other as a completely 'normal' person, but what they all have in common, according to Mainstream Islamic thought, is that they are being tested and will be judged.
Most Muslims would not blame him for being attracted to people of the same sex, but they would blame him for acting on those attractions as same-sex relations are forbidden in Islam.
That makes sense to me as an atheist. Why be part of the religion if you don't want to adhere to the rules?
That's why I think that AOP should leave the religion if he wants to engage in same-sex relations without guilt, but if wants to continue being accepted as a Muslim then he should obviously stop.
Whatever you do AOP, I hope you find happiness.
Original post by Vegito
All that knowledge and big talk and still on the road to hell fire. I don't even feel sorry for you since someone like you after knowing all this has no clue what Islam really is then you really shouldn't even be bothered with.

P.S: Thanks for proving me also that having all the knowledge in the world or being part of a conservative family doesn't makes you a Muslim but what our "Iman" is from the inside which matters. ^_^

Could I ask, at what level of piety (in your book) should one reach before one is able to commit blasphemy?

For as the Qu'ran teach us, only Allah can know what the sure path to hell fire is, as only he can judge the matter. By making such statements, you are possibly in breach of blasphemy rules.
i came on this thread right after my friday prayer. let me tell you i did not like it at all. firstly, what you did was WRONG. you committed a sin and another sin you are committing is allowing islam to be ridiculed by disbelievers and by ppl who dont know a bit about it. being a muslim i can understand ur situation, asking for advice from ppl who cant put themselves in ur place is useless. my advice is to talk to someone from our own community, whoever you feel comfortable with and discuss this situation. but at the end you should repent and know that Allah(swt) loves us all, he will surely forgive you.

PS. try going for salah every once in a while. atleast for friday prayers.
Original post by PhilosopherQueen
Could I ask, at what level of piety (in your book) should one reach before one is able to commit blasphemy?

For as the Qu'ran teach us, only Allah can know what the sure path to hell fire is, as only he can judge the matter. By making such statements, you are possibly in breach of blasphemy rules.

Like I said before and I'll say it again. Its pointless to bother with people like you since I can see how much you assume you know about Quran. Because I read Quran everyday and there is everything written in it about this. Maybe you have your own Quran you like to believe in.

My advice to you, go read Quran with your eyes opened and repent to Allah for your mistakes. You'll know what Allah tells about who are the people who will get hell fire when you actually maybe read Quran for real.
There is nothing wrong with enjoying love and sex. You can be religious to what ever extent you like and love/lust whoever you like. Accept yourself and don't be a shamed. There's no way you would go to hell for being bi-sexual. What makes it so different from be hetro-sexual after all?
Original post by Vegito
Like I said before and I'll say it again. Its pointless to bother with people like you since I can see how much you assume you know about Quran. Because I read Quran everyday and there is everything written in it about this. Maybe you have your own Quran you like to believe in.

My advice to you, go read Quran with your eyes opened and repent to Allah for your mistakes. You'll know what Allah tells about who are the people who will get hell fire when you actually maybe read Quran for real.

I get your point, you can't argue with me, because to argue against the truth is a difficult task and your not up for it. Thanks for proving my point and in the eyes of all- there can be little doubt about the correctness of my position.
Please don't feel like that. If you read the Qu'ran, you will read that Allah is forgiving and merciful so as long as you live an honest and sin-free life (I don't cast homo/bisexuality as a sin though), you shouldn't be scared of hell. Also, if you think about it, the Qu'ran permits stupidity such as polygamy and male superiority of females.. I mean the mistreatment of women and polygamy should be a sin instead. Btw, I am also a Muslim. I wear what I want and do what I want but I know that at heart I am pure and that is all that matters in the end. Don't let your religion change who you are.

P.S. I am terrified of hell too, but everything is meant to be. God has a set plan for you. Stay honest and true - heaven is for those who are honest and true. No one is perfect and God didn't make you so you can be perfect.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by PhilosopherQueen
I get your point, you can't argue with me, because to argue against the truth is a difficult task and your not up for it. Thanks for proving my point and in the eyes of all- there can be little doubt about the correctness of my position.
I don't need to waste my time on someone who doesn't knows anything about Quran and wants to give her own made philosophies and lol you didn't prove anything actually because I know you have no validity to prove your self truthful. I on the other hand know the truth because I read Quran and I dun care if anyone believes me or not. All mighty Allah is watching and he knows everything. So you can keep believing what every lies and philosophies you have because I really dun care. I've told my point and that's enough for me. Believing me or not is up to people.

Latest

Trending

Trending