The Student Room Group

Maths, Business, Biology and Psychology????

Hi,
I'm trying to choose my a levels and was thinking of maths, business, biology and psychology
I'm not sure of my later career path, and decided to take subjects that I would enjoy or think I would like

Are my choices any good?
and im not too sure about business and psychology and if uni's will accept them

thanks
all advice is much appreciated
Good choices if you are not sure of your future career path because there is breadth. A science, a social science, a humanities subject and maths. This combination has a great variety. In regards to your concerns about whether business and psychology are accepted, this will of course depend on the course you applying to and potentially the university. However, I study both of these subjects and I've been given a conditional offer from a top 15 university, as well as several other respected institutions. So that should not be an issue.
Original post by orlaaaxx
Hi,
I'm trying to choose my a levels and was thinking of maths, business, biology and psychology
I'm not sure of my later career path, and decided to take subjects that I would enjoy or think I would like

Are my choices any good?
and im not too sure about business and psychology and if uni's will accept them

thanks
all advice is much appreciated

Good choices if you are not sure of your future career path because there is breadth. A science, a social science, a humanities subject and maths. This combination has a great variety. In regards to your concerns about whether business and psychology are accepted, this will of course depend on the course you applying to and potentially the university. However, I study both of these subjects and I've been given a conditional offer from a top 15 university, as well as several other respected institutions. So that should not be an issue.
Reply 2
Original post by fbrep2012

Hi, thank you so much, I really am just so confused at the moment, what are you studying? and what do you look to do in the future?
Original post by orlaaaxx
Hi, thank you so much, I really am just so confused at the moment, what are you studying? and what do you look to do in the future?

Don't worry too much, your subject combination will keep your options in the future. I am currently studying Business Studies, Psychology and Religious Studies. I received offers from Loughborough, Uni of Birmingham, Sheffield and Southampton to study Accounting and Finance. Any ideas of what you want to do? What are your interests? Perhaps I can help you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by fbrep2012
Don't worry too much, your subject combination will keep your options in the future. I am currently studying Business Studies, Psychology and Religious Studies. I received offers from Loughborough, Uni of Birmingham, Sheffield and Southampton to study Accounting and Finance. Any ideas of what you want to do? What are your interests? Perhaps I can help you :smile:

tbh not yet really, accounting and finance is really good! but I thought you needed further maths to do that? I'm not really sure though!
thanks for your advice, it made me feel more comfortable about taking my subjects :smile:
Only a select few, the top 5 or so universities will ask for maths. Many just ask for a "B" at GCSE maths. No problem, if you have any more queries, feel free to ask me here or message me

Quick Reply

Latest