The Student Room Group

A2 aqa c3/c4

Hey, just a quick post. Had a look at some past papers and i needed to change my underwear thereafter.

Are these 2 modules tough? like IDK compared to C2 or FP1?
Original post by Bobjim12
Hey, just a quick post. Had a look at some past papers and i needed to change my underwear thereafter.

Are these 2 modules tough? like IDK compared to C2 or FP1?

Yes these modules are much harder than C1-2, FP1. You will get used to it though with practice.

If you're taking FP2, that is harder still than C3/C4.
Reply 2
Original post by morgan8002
Yes these modules are much harder than C1-2, FP1. You will get used to it though with practice.

Ah well that is rather reassuring, Although tbh i thought FP1 was impossibly difficult during summer, and i'm growing confidence in it so come A2 it should be feasible XD
Reply 3

IDK about that, FP2 has been easier than C3 for me and we've nearly finished the chapter now.
I've personally found FP1 the hardest module, followed by C3 then S1 then maybe C4. Not done FP3 or M3 yet though...
Original post by TVIO
IDK about that, FP2 has been easier than C3 for me and we've nearly finished the chapter now.
I've personally found FP1 the hardest module, followed by C3 then S1 then maybe C4. Not done FP3 or M3 yet though...

I did C3/C4 last year and we finished FP2 this December. About a third of the class hadn't previously done C3/C4 and so I noticed that a lot of C3/C4 is needed as a prerequisite for FP2, and is expected with less prompts in questions. Stuff like double angle formulae, partial fractions, reciprocal trig functions, parametric differentiation etc.

FP1 has quite a lot of different types of content, but doesn't go into any detail at all. Consider complex numbers in FP1. How does that even compare with complex numbers in FP2? Or improper integrals, which is covered in detail in FP3. Most of FP1 is gone into much, much more detail in FP2-4.

I finished FP3 in November. It is very good, but difficult. FP4 is a struggle so far.

S1 I found a very difficult module to learn.

I haven't done M3 yet either.
Reply 5
I did C3/C4 last year and we finished FP2 this December. About a third of the class hadn't previously done C3/C4 and so I noticed that a lot of C3/C4 is needed as a prerequisite for FP2, and is expected with less prompts in questions. Stuff like double angle formulae, partial fractions, reciprocal trig functions, parametric differentiation etc.

FP1 has quite a lot of different types of content, but doesn't go into any detail at all. Consider complex numbers in FP1. How does that even compare with complex numbers in FP2? Or improper integrals, which is covered in detail in FP3. Most of FP1 is gone into much, much more detail in FP2-4.

I finished FP3 in November. It is very good, but difficult. FP4 is a struggle so far.

S1 I found a very difficult module to learn.

I haven't done M3 yet either.

Guess the exams boards mix it up a lot, FP1 covered a moderate amount of complex numbers with argand diagrams etc. Fp2 doesn't have any on my board (OCR) but FP3 does. Also we don't do (and maybe don't have on this board) FP4. We've just started M3 and it's fairly challenging so far, whereas M2 felt easy after M1 was so hard to begin with.
Original post by TVIO
Guess the exams boards mix it up a lot, FP1 covered a moderate amount of complex numbers with argand diagrams etc. Fp2 doesn't have any on my board (OCR) but FP3 does. Also we don't do (and maybe don't have on this board) FP4. We've just started M3 and it's fairly challenging so far, whereas M2 felt easy after M1 was so hard to begin with.

This is an AQA thread if you didn't notice.

I think only AQA has FP4. I think some of the FP4 content is shifted to FP3 for the others.

I think all of your difficult complex number stuff is also in FP3.

I always found M1 easy and so far I have found M2 easy as well. Between physics, M1 and C4, I already know pretty much the whole syllabus. I should decide whether to take M3 soon.
Reply 7
This is an AQA thread if you didn't notice.

I think only AQA has FP4. I think some of the FP4 content is shifted to FP3 for the others.

I think all of your difficult complex number stuff is also in FP3.

I always found M1 easy and so far I have found M2 easy as well. Between physics, M1 and C4, I already know pretty much the whole syllabus. I should decide whether to take M3 soon.

True it is an AQA thread but all the exam boards have the same content, and I've found it's in very similar orders for C1-4 at least. My exam board for physics shared almost nothing with mechanics, it was annoyingly low mathematically.

Quick Reply

Latest