The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by germanshepherd_
Fair enough, I understand why you opted out and looking back now, I wish I did, but hey ho, I will get in that school because it si the most convenient one for me. Its opening evening was amazing - excellent! And I applied to all the same schools as you except for, WG6, and both Dartford schools. What are you predicted?

Well DGS decided that they'll make my mock grades my predicted grades so 1A, 3B, 2C, 4D

not the greatest mock results :biggrin:
Original post by Mahel
Well DGS decided that they'll make my mock grades my predicted grades so 1A, 3B, 2C, 4D

not the greatest mock results :biggrin:

Ouchh, that's not fair do - that is like a negative representation of your true potential
Original post by Mahel
Hello all, I'm at Dartford Grammar right now which is amazing because it's the 8th best sixth form in the country right now but I also applied to 5 other sixth forms. My concern is that I won't get a conditional offer due to mock grades but my actual GCSE grades would be much better so I was wondering how the process of late applications works and how long you have to confirm an offer. As I'm at the 8th best sixth form right now, I don't want to lose out on confirming a place there but I also want to apply for other places, preferably Townley Grammar. I sat their maths test yesterday and don't think I did well however I think I'll have the grades in the summer.

Hey I'm an internal at Townley Grammar and I also entered the maths exam and hoping to get into maths. Somw people in my school have already found out if they got in or not, but I'm yet to find out. Good luck! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Ouchh, that's not fair do - that is like a negative representation of your true potential

Woooow...I totally agree that's actually really unfair...
Original post by CrystalMath101
Woooow...I totally agree that's actually really unfair...

You knoww~! :angry:

Original post by CrystalMath101
Hey I'm an internal at Townley Grammar and I also entered the maths exam and hoping to get into maths. Somw people in my school have already found out if they got in or not, but I'm yet to find out. Good luck! :biggrin:

Oooh, oh wow, externals find out on the 10th Feb. What else are you taking besides maths and what other schools have you applied for? And sorry, a random question, what exam board do you do for languages GCSE, especially german???
Reply 25
I think it is alright as it's somewhat a representation of your grades but unfair overall seeing other schools have actually predicted students' grades themselves which tends to give them an advantage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I also am currently applying to bexley grammar, too. Did you find out whether you got a offer yet? Also, lots of people from my school also applied to places like townley and dartford. Good luck
Reply 27
Original post by big_dreamer
Hi,

I also am currently applying to bexley grammar, too. Did you find out whether you got a offer yet? Also, lots of people from my school also applied to places like townley and dartford. Good luck

Thank you, to you too :smile:

I haven't actually received a letter from Bexley yet, their website says they hope to post them out by the end of this month :biggrin:
In my school you applied in like January and had an interview and if u went to the school u basically got in straight away if u got the grades u needed in GCSES but had to confirm options after results day within a couple of days like they gave us the weekend to make the decision cus our school let us do it online or by hand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mahel
Thank you, to you too :smile:

I haven't actually received a letter from Bexley yet, their website says they hope to post them out by the end of this month :biggrin:

Thanks!! Yeah.. and they already have a application pack for people who have offers. So, just a little bit worried. I go to one of the schools on the list that was on the previous page, however, it is not the most suitable school for me I would say, so, hopefully I get an offer from another school.
Reply 30
Original post by Chloephilips98
In my school you applied in like January and had an interview and if u went to the school u basically got in straight away if u got the grades u needed in GCSES but had to confirm options after results day within a couple of days like they gave us the weekend to make the decision cus our school let us do it online or by hand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! It's going to be so hard picking between A Level at Townley and IB at Dartford Grammar when results day arrives :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by big_dreamer
Thanks!! Yeah.. and they already have a application pack for people who have offers. So, just a little bit worried. I go to one of the schools on the list that was on the previous page, however, it is not the most suitable school for me I would say, so, hopefully I get an offer from another school.

What does the application pack have in it?
Original post by Mahel
What does the application pack have in it?

It's online with form stuff.
Hey, I got St Catherine's and I also did the Townley Grammar maths test; boy wasn't that hard?

You did the Townley maths test? So did I :smile: It was hard but not that hard. Although I did leave a few questions blank. I don't think I'm smart enough to get in though. My only hope is Chis & Sid
Reply 34
Original post by AnimeFreak101
You did the Townley maths test? So did I :smile: It was hard but not that hard. Although I did leave a few questions blank. I don't think I'm smart enough to get in though. My only hope is Chis & Sid

The question where you had to use a graph to find the area of a triangle or something like that was ridiculously stupid and i didn't understand it at all :confused:
Does anyone
Original post by STUDYREVISE
I was the only student from all the applicants to get it. They were just extremely impressed with all of my grades and achievements and immediately gave me a confirmed place. :smile:

Did you get these offers straight after the interview or a few weeks after?
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mahel
The question where you had to use a graph to find the area of a triangle or something like that was ridiculously stupid and i didn't understand it at all :confused:

There was such a question? X'D see that's how you know I've failed :tongue: The algebra questions were quite easy in my opinion though. However as it was a Saturday morning I just skipped tedious questions like that. The only exam I care about soo much is the Chis and Sid and the actual GCSEs I'd cry if I failed those. They did say they'd let you know your results on the 9th of Feb though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by STUDYREVISE
Both colleges told me on the interview day that I will most likely get an offer before any other student that had applied there. So no, I didn't get it straight after the interview, more like 2 weeks which was early compared to other students who got it 4-6 weeks later.

Oh okay then :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by AnimeFreak101
There was such a question? X'D see that's how you know I've failed :tongue: The algebra questions were quite easy in my opinion though. However as it was a Saturday morning I just skipped tedious questions like that. The only exam I care about soo much is the Chis and Sid and the actual GCSEs I'd cry if I failed those. They did say they'd let you know your results on the 9th of Feb though.

9th february, that's the earliest we'll find out that we failed the townley test :biggrin:

oh well, there's still dartford grammar for me :colondollar:

Latest