The Student Room Group

Girls Night Out at work- double standards?

I once made plans for a boys night out- a meal in an all you can eat Brazillian Rodizio. I invited all the men at work and no women.

When the women at work heard about this they were outraged not to be invited. I then invited them all, and none of them attended.

Now the girls have organised a trip to watch Fifty Shades of Grey, but haven't invited any guys.

I don't want to watch this film, but am offended not to be invited when they insisted on an invite to the boys meal.

Who agrees?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I totally agree with you, as a female, I can assure you that that is double standards at it's finest. Sod them!
Yeah that's ****ty. I'd do what they did, let them know how it feels.
Reply 3
Everyone knows girls at work are bitches.
Reply 4
Original post by RD208
Everyone knows girls at work are bitches.

You should generalise woman for a living :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by lccy
You should generalise woman for a living :smile:

Well your not helping their cause
You meekly gave in to their insistences and then they didn't bother turn up? Well done on the women you work with for trolling you.
Original post by TrackerJacker
I once made plans for a boys night out- a meal in an all you can eat Brazillian Rodizio. I invited all the men at work and no women.

When the women at work heard about this they were outraged not to be invited. I then invited them all, and none of them attended.

Now the girls have organised a trip to watch Fifty Shades of Grey, but haven't invited any guys.

I don't want to watch this film, but am offended not to be invited when they insisted on an invite to the boys meal.

Who agrees?

Confront them and then don't show up if/when you're invited
Reply 8
I think their trying to prove a point, either that or watching 50 shades would be uncomfortable with their male colleagues, it is double standards if it was a trip to the pub not 100% sure for the film only because of the type of the film. Have you insisted on an invite or you could gatecrash haha
Reply 9
Liessss, you just wanted to watch Fifty Shades of Grey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't it gonna be awkward watching fifty shades with blokes??
So if you didn't want to go why are you offended not to be invited?

They don't have to invite people that they don't want. You need to get a life if you were 'offended' by that.

Are you one of these people that gets 'offended' by everything in life?
Surely you would feel a little bit awkward watching 50 shades of grey with a bunch of women? :tongue:
Original post by BunnyMisery246
Surely you would feel a little bit awkward watching 50 shades of grey with a bunch of women? :tongue:

why
Well I know for a fact if a guy was coming to watch 50 shades of grey with us we'd tease him no end, I'd say most guys would feel very embarrassed about watching a film like 50 shades of grey with a bunch of girls. :wink:
The film's gonna be a steaming pile of ****e so you're not missing out but on principle yes I do agree it was petty of them to make a big fuss about being invited to the meal and then not bothering to show up. Workplace politics in general can be a bit of a headache.
Well I know for a fact if a guy was coming to watch 50 shades of grey with us we'd tease him no end, I'd say most guys would feel very embarrassed about watching a film like 50 shades of grey with a bunch of girls. :wink:

What would you tease him about?
Watching a film that is aimed at women, i'm sure most guys would feel awkward about watching it with a group of girls, unless he's gay of course.
Watching a film that is aimed at women, i'm sure most guys would feel awkward about watching it with a group of girls, unless he's gay of course.

I don't see why it's aimed at women
This sequence of events happened inside your head, didn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest