The Student Room Group

The NHS Has Gotten Awful

Scroll to see replies

Original post by capitalismstinks
Yes, NHS service is unfortunately not very good.

brb life expectancy increasing year after year
brb having my blood oxygenated outside my body by an ECMO machine
brb being given thousands of pound worth of theraputic monoclonal antibodies
brb having my home assessed for accessibility and being given countless tools to improve my activities of daily living
brb seeing my community midwife every 2-3 weeks
brb having physiotherapy for my broken arm
brb paying £0

Only a few generations ago, people were dying of simple chest infections because they couldn't afford to see a doctor.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Etomidate
brb having my blood oxygenated outide my body by an ECMO machine
brb having my home assessed for accessibility and being given countless tools to improve my activities of daily living
brb paying £0

u wot m8
Original post by Etomidate
brb having my blood oxygenated outside my body by an ECMO machine
brb paying £0

Only a few generations ago, people were dying of simple chest infections because they couldn't afford to see a doctor.

I didn't say the HNS didn't function, although it barely does so, i just meant the service was shabby.

The NHS compared to private is the difference between flying economy or business class. The NHS is strained to the limit. It works, just about, but the service could be so much better, and not just for patients, but also for its staff, who are underpaid and over worked.
Original post by capitalismstinks
I didn't say the HNS didn't function, although it barely does so, i just meant the service was shabby.

The NHS compared to private is the difference between flying economy or business class. The NHS is strained to the limit. It works, just about, but the service could be so much better, and not just for patients, but also for its staff, who are underpaid and over worked.

Indeed. One is affordable and one sure as hell isn't.
Original post by Balloon Baboon
Would you rather pay for all treatment like they do in other parts of the world?

There's no such things as a free lunch. The NHS isn't free. We pay for it through our taxes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MKultra101
There's no such things as a free lunch. The NHS isn't free. We pay for it through our taxes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a giant difference. Take a look how much treatment is in the U.S compared.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending