The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Handing out sweets? Psychopathic? Seriously, get over yourselves.
Has anyone noticed that Palestine isn't shown on Google maps?
Original post by Steezy
Has anyone noticed that Palestine isn't shown on Google maps?
I went to maps.google.co.uk, typed in 'palestine' and got:

Original post by Simes
I went to maps.google.co.uk, typed in 'palestine' and got:

If you search for say, Jordan, then scroll around, all the country's names come up apart from Palestine
So I know nothing about whats going on over there. Can someone give me a brief overview? I'd be very grateful.
Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Believe me, TSR is the last place you'd want to ask...
Seems like you want someone to do your homework.

But in a nutshell, which many posters here may object, is Israel as an ally of US; is committed to occupy Palestine Ort, one territory at a time, until there is no Palestine to physically point at. US will continue to provide 3billion USD and possibly more as "military aid" so that they can continue their onslaught with no financial difficulties

Officials reasons to justify this invasion will be:

1) Hamas is terrorist Organization and governs Palestine. (Since Israel called it first, Palestine can't do the same)
2) Rockets are fired at Israel by Hamas. (Which most of them are defended and have minimum casualties)
3) Hamas militants are *everywhere* in Palestine

My reasons to why they are justifying these, and other, attacks:

1) To increase their political influence and identity
2) A pro US government in the Middle East region is very essential for US so that can economically exploit the oil reserves found in these "occupied lands"
3) A religious belief in Judaism is that Jersualeum is holy city and should be exclusive to Jews.

I must say that lot of poster in TSR are really not that open minded when it comes to such issues. You should always verify each posters' claims as much as you can.

Original post by AR_95
Believe me, TSR is the last place you'd want to ask...

My advice to people like you is simple. If you don't know what you are talking about then don't post. Practice humility.
(edited 9 years ago)
During WW1 - Balfour Declaration. Britain agreed to help self-proclaimed Zionists establish a home land in Palestine in exchange for the victory of Britain and co in WW1.
End of WW1 - Ottoman Empire is divided between the victors. Britain controls Palestine, Trans-Jordan and Iraq. France controls Lebanon and Syria.
Late 1920s early 1930s - Hitler rises to power. Agrees with Zionists to facilitate the transfer of assets held by Jews that leave Germany for Palestine. Palestinians show disapproval of mass immigration. British forces repress protests.
Start of WW2 - Jews still emigrate to Palestine, if they can.
End of WW2 - Britain seeks to give Jews a homeland in Palestine aka Israel with the approval of the UN. Palestinians disapprove. Conflict breaks out.
1946 onwards - Occupation of land. Removal of Palestinians from their homes etc.
1948 - Arab Israeli war. Arab League (Eygpt, Syria etc) vs Israel

There onwards is tension between Israel and everyone around them. Various wars. Expansion of Israel land into Palestinian territory. Oppression brings about Hamas and Fattah.

This adds more context as to why Arabs dislike the US and Israel.

Israel is untouchable. Most people around them are classified as terrorists.
Original post by saayagain
During WW1 - Balfour Declaration. Britain agreed to help self-proclaimed Zionists establish a home land in Palestine in exchange for the victory of Britain and co in WW1.
End of WW1 - Ottoman Empire is divided between the victors. Britain controls Palestine, Trans-Jordan and Iraq. France controls Lebanon and Syria.
Late 1920s early 1930s - Hitler rises to power. Agrees with Zionists to facilitate the transfer of assets held by Jews that leave Germany for Palestine. Palestinians show disapproval of mass immigration. British forces repress protests.
Start of WW2 - Jews still emigrate to Palestine, if they can.
End of WW2 - Britain seeks to give Jews a homeland in Palestine aka Israel with the approval of the UN. Palestinians disapprove. Conflict breaks out.
1946 onwards - Occupation of land. Removal of Palestinians from their homes etc.
1948 - Arab Israeli war. Arab League (Eygpt, Syria etc) vs Israel

There onwards is tension between Israel and everyone around them. Various wars. Expansion of Israel land into Palestinian territory. Oppression brings about Hamas and Fattah.

This adds more context as to why Arabs dislike the US and Israel.

Israel is untouchable. Most people around them are classified as terrorists.

I notice you stopped the at 48. No mention of the times when Israel ws attacked?
Depends who you listen to but the long and short of it is that the Palestinians, more specifically Hamas believe that Israel shouldn't exist and that the land it's on should belong to them, and obviously Israel disagrees (not least because Hamas charter proposes retaking that land by murdering every single Israeli).

israel argues that Hamas are a guerrilla outfit and that the civilian deaths are a result of that, while Palestine argues the civilian deaths are evidence of a sustained campaign of genocide against them.
Original post by MatureStudent36
I notice you stopped the at 48. No mention of the times when Israel ws attacked?

You're tedious mate...

I mentioned the important bits...
You're tedious mate...

I mentioned the important bits...

Just pointing out there's important stuff you left out
Just pointing out there's important stuff you left out

Like? Please divulge the important information.

The whole Israel Palestine situation is very clear.

Its as clear as mud - the entire thing is complicated. You've got a guerrilla outfit endangering their own citizens lives, except that's an lie to excuse a genocide attempt, but actually there's footage of weaponry hidden in civilian areas, but that's fabricated, but not according to the un...

that's before we even get into the claims over the territory.

Precisely, so of oribg anything post 1948 is disengionious.
When Hitler was killing the Jews, most of them escaped to seek refugee in Palestine. A bunch of evil people from America brainwashed some of the refugees, they were called Zionists. They equipped them with arms and sent them to attack the Arabs and drive them away from the land. That's how the conflict started.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Its as clear as mud - the entire thing is complicated. You've got a guerrilla outfit endangering their own citizens lives, except that's an lie to excuse a genocide attempt, but actually there's footage of weaponry hidden in civilian areas, but that's fabricated, but not according to the un...

that's before we even get into the claims over the territory.

It's easy to fix.

Two state solution with a UN controlled demilitarized zone. Problem solved.

Israel has a state. Palestine has a state. No more issues with other countries.

Make no mistake. Israel is the oppressor. If you don't agree with that then...I don't know what to say.

This isn't a european colonist vs native american scenario where noone cares about what goes on.

This topic is boring because it is so straight forward.

The reality is Israel wants the whole of Palestine. That's why they do not acknowledge the Palestinians. Simple as. So, war will come again. Now or in 100 years. Noone will forget these injustices so good luck to Israel. The longer they do what they do, the more unreasonable people get.
Precisely, so of oribg anything post 1948 is disengionious.

What?
It's easy to fix.

Two state solution with a UN controlled demilitarized zone. Problem solved.

Israel has a state. Palestine has a state. No more issues with other countries.

Make no mistake. Israel is the oppressor. If you don't agree with that then...I don't know what to say.

This isn't a european colonist vs native american scenario where noone cares about what goes on.

This topic is boring because it is so straight forward.

The reality is Israel wants the whole of Palestine. That's why they do not acknowledge the Palestinians. Simple as. So, war will come again. Now or in 100 years. Noone will forget these injustices so good luck to Israel. The longer they do what they do, the more unreasonable people get.

a two state solution will never happen, not while Hamas refuse to negotiate peace treaties.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
a two state solution will never happen, not while Hamas refuse to negotiate peace treaties.

lol Great. Hamas don't want to negotiate at all. All they want is the destruction of Israel and to kill all Jews. blah blah blah...Give me some material I can read that has come from the horses mouth.

1) Why don't they negotiate? Provide proof if you can.
2) Does Israel make any concessions?

I hate these stupid arguments because it makes it seem like this matters. The UN should force both to come to an agreement otherwise wait for Iran to get a nuclear bomb then there can be a war. Iran won't attack Israel as they are not equipped to defend themselves. This is why Iran is prevented from acquiring a nuke.

boring

Latest

Trending

Trending