The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by misstac
what course are you applying for? :redface:

PPE :biggrin: You?
Original post by emem2011
Ah that's rubbish :frown: what are your stats if you don't mind me asking, and what are you doing for A Level? :biggrin:

You're so lucky to have done work experience already! I was so pleased to get the volunteering placement, it took a lot of work to organise haha!

I'm hoping to do the UKCAT around the same time as you too- after the exams but before A2s start :smile: I want to make sure I've done a lot of work towards it as I know you can just flop on the day! I haven't done much extra reading because I'm so busy, although hopefully I'll start doing some in the next few months.
What other universities are you hoping to apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My stats are 10A* at gcse and and A in additional maths, currently doing bio chem physics and maths AS, hopefully I'll continue all four to A2 :biggrin:(but that depends on as grades:eek:). what are yours?

yeah my work experience was really useful in confirming medicine for me!

I really need to start reading more, especially for oxford. aah so much to do!

In terms of unis right now im thinking Imperial, Kings and Queen Mary/or Birmingham. What about you? :smile:
Original post by Oakflame
PPE :biggrin: You?

ah nice! what subjects are you doing? mine's medicine :colone:
Original post by misstac
ah nice! what subjects are you doing? mine's medicine :colone:

I am not from the UK, and haven't taken GCSE's or A levels. I am currently in my second to last year of the Swedish equivalent of high school. I take a lote of subjects :biggrin: However, I am studying a course that is specialized in Civics, which means I have International Relations, Humanitarian Specialization, Civics and History, in addition to the general subjects all "high school" student in Sweden take. I have also chosen to study extra math.

Oh, medicine :smile: It seems really tough to get in!
Original post by misstac
My stats are 10A* at gcse and and A in additional maths, currently doing bio chem physics and maths AS, hopefully I'll continue all four to A2 :biggrin:(but that depends on as grades:eek:). what are yours?

yeah my work experience was really useful in confirming medicine for me!

I really need to start reading more, especially for oxford. aah so much to do!

In terms of unis right now im thinking Imperial, Kings and Queen Mary/or Birmingham. What about you? :smile:

Ah wow your stats are fab!! :smile:
I got 14A*s and I did AS Religious Studies early, in which I got an A. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English for A Level, and I really hope I can keep all four going next year haha!!

Same, extra reading is probably going to be so important!

I really like the look of Imperial and Kings too, I'm currently trying to decipher between both! Apart from Oxford and one of these two, I'm thinking Glasgow and possibly Leeds, Nottingham or Bristol! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah wow your stats are fab!! :smile:
I got 14A*s and I did AS Religious Studies early, in which I got an A. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English for A Level, and I really hope I can keep all four going next year haha!!

Same, extra reading is probably going to be so important!

I really like the look of Imperial and Kings too, I'm currently trying to decipher between both! Apart from Oxford and one of these two, I'm thinking Glasgow and possibly Leeds, Nottingham or Bristol! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wowo awesome stats too!!
Ah nice choices, are you going to go to all the open days?
I think i'd either want to be in oxford or london, ya know - close to home :smile:
Original post by misstac
wowo awesome stats too!!
Ah nice choices, are you going to go to all the open days?
I think i'd either want to be in oxford or london, ya know - close to home :smile:

Haha thank you so much :biggrin:

I'm hoping to go to quite a few open days- I think it's important to actually see the medical schools as you can't always get a realistic view from the websites!

Ah wow, so you live close to Oxford/London then? I live ages away haha, that is the only thing that worries me because I would be relatively far away! Have there been quite a few people from your school to go to Oxford then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha thank you so much :biggrin:

I'm hoping to go to quite a few open days- I think it's important to actually see the medical schools as you can't always get a realistic view from the websites!

Ah wow, so you live close to Oxford/London then? I live ages away haha, that is the only thing that worries me because I would be relatively far away! Have there been quite a few people from your school to go to Oxford then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you ordered any prospectuses yet? I have about fifteen already . . . !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fifteen!?! From which unis?? I've only ordered one from UCL :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't ordered any yet actually, need to start doing that haha! How much do they cost, or are they free? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by strawberrysnow
Fifteen!?! From which unis?? I've only ordered one from UCL :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't ordered any yet actually, need to start doing that haha! How much do they cost, or are they free? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

1422097049710.jpg

They're like Pokémon cards . . . And yes, they are completely free! I might drop SOAS an angry email as I requested a prospectus in October and I still haven't got it yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hopefully Oxford Law(Jurisprudence)
GCSEs : 7A* 3A
Been doing some wider reading but thinking of leaving the personal statement until the holidays. Anyone else wanting to study law?
College: No clue!

Posted from TSR Mobile
1422097049710.jpg

They're like Pokémon cards . . . And yes, they are completely free! I might drop SOAS an angry email as I requested a prospectus in October and I still haven't got it yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might take a picture of my pile of prospectuses... I think I win.
I'm a bit apprehensive about the MAT for Oxford :afraid:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you going to any open days?
Original post by Chlorophile
I might take a picture of my pile of prospectuses... I think I win.

Please do! :bl:
Original post by Magnesium
Are you going to any open days?

I haven't really thought about them yet! Although I am going to a Taster Day at UCL in February for Egyptology, although I have a feeling the day will be very Classics-orientated (help me) as it's Ancient World, not just Egyptology. You?
I haven't really thought about them yet! Although I am going to a Taster Day at UCL in February for Egyptology, although I have a feeling the day will be very Classics-orientated (help me) as it's Ancient World, not just Egyptology. You?

Ahh I see. Umm if I have time, I'll definitely go :smile: Not very sure who to go with though, I'll have to bring my parents along and end up boring them to death... :')
Thirty prospectuses guys... beat that. The two UCL prospectuses aren't the same, one's 2014 and one's 2015. Birmingham sent me two for some reason.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chlorophile
Thirty prospectuses guys... beat that. The two UCL prospectuses aren't the same, one's 2014 and one's 2015. Birmingham sent me two for some reason.

Spoiler

Jesus! You definitely win . . . !

Latest

Trending

Trending