The Student Room Group

Will the UK become dangerous for Muslims and Islamaphobic?

Due to the recent terror attacks will the people of the UK go against the Muslim population in the UK. Will Muslims be safe in the streets and should we expect things like arsonists, racially provoked attacks, mosque vandalism etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Its non Muslims who have to worry about Islamic hate and violence. Not the other way around.
I very much doubt Muslims will face a serious threat. Another incident like the Lee Rigby murder might trigger a few attacks but there won't be any large-scale attacks and anyone that does anything of the sort will be punished for hate crimes. The UK legal system is reliable in this regard.

Islamaphobia, as often stated, is a nonsense term.
Reply 3
Islam in the UK is a bit like the EU, most people have an indifference or distaste but they also are not overly bothered that's it's here.

Unless there are massive attacks, they'll be safe.
I'm from Turkey and I have been to England before. I can say that Muslims are freer in UK. In Turkey, secularists and religious people are not the best friends. Some of them hate each other. But as a Muslim, I saw that there is a perfect respect for Muslims. Muslims are freer than UK than they are in Turkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I saw women who wore very religious clothes in Uk. You cant wear them in Turkey. People will blame you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by capitalismstinks
Its non Muslims who have to worry about Islamic hate and violence. Not the other way around.

I think statistics clearly prove that statement to be untrue, just putting it out there.
Original post by redferry
I think statistics clearly prove that statement to be untrue, just putting it out there.

Terrorism, peadophile gangs, racist gang violence....Its the non Muslim 'kafir' population are the ones being terrorised by Islamic hatred.

Stats back that up.
Terrorism, peadophile gangs, racist gang violence....Its the non Muslim 'kafir' population are the ones being terrorised by Islamic hatred.

Stats back that up.

As your average Joe on the street you are far more likely to be a victim of abuse or violence of you are Muslim compared to non-muslim, especially if you wear the hijab.
Guys, you are exaggerating. I'm saying that as a muslim. Take it easy. Nothing will be happened against Muslims since we have democracy in Europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As your average Joe on the street you are far more likely to be a victim of abuse or violence of you are Muslim compared to non-muslim, especially if you wear the hijab.

So the thousands of white children who were kidnapped, tortured and raped by racist Muslim peadophile gangs were not just average joes on the street?

lee Rigby wasn't an average joe on the street?

The whole Islam as the victim card is just absurd. And the stats don't even back it up.
(edited 9 years ago)
So the thousands of white children who were kidnapped, tortured and raped by racist Muslim peadophile gangs were not just average joes on the street?

lee Rigby wasn't an average joe on the street?

The whole Islam as the victim card is just absurd. And the stats don't even back it up.

Thousands?!?!

You're clearly not one to pay much attention to numbers m'love.

And like it or not, no, he was a soldier.

On the other hand verbal and physical attacks on Muslims are rising steeply at a time when crime overall is falling.
Thousands?!?!

You're clearly not one to pay much attention to numbers m'love.

And like it or not, no, he was a soldier.

On the other hand verbal and physical attacks on Muslims are rising steeply at a time when crime overall is falling.

Yes, thousands. In Rotherham alone 1400 white children were brutally raped by these racist peadophile gangs over a 10 year period. But the racist peadophile rape epidemic is country wide, it isn't confined to Rotherham. And so the number is in the thousands.

Ah, so lee Rigby was soldier, so its ok then. How about Palmira Silva?

The facts are Muslims are the ones responsible for the hate, racism and violence, and not just in the UK, but across Europe. This mirrors the backwards nature of Muslim majority countries, which without exception are backwards, regressive, violent and filled with hate for women, gays and non muslims.
Reply 13
Muslims won't experience violence unless their terrorist attacks increase even more. There is more chance of the Muslims oppressing us than the other way round because most people are too scared of them or too scared to speak out against them, for fear of being accused of racism. Muslims really need to be more prepared to integrate into British society if they ever want to achieve a full sense of community with the British public because at the moment they segregate themselves too much. I don't think you can blame people for holding "islamophobic" views at the moment because of the recent islamist terrorist attacks. If they continue however, I'm sure peoples' tolerance will soon snap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I really hate when people bring up rape being a muslim issue. Does no other race/religion have this problem? All the church priests molesting little boys? The news reports of rape happening every other day? But this is a muslim problem? sure.
The obvious and legitimate argument is the priests do not represent all christians so why the double standard with muslims? Idiots.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Yes, thousands. In Rotherham alone 1400 white children were brutally raped by these racist peadophile gangs over a 10 year period. But the racist peadophile rape epidemic is country wide, it isn't confined to Rotherham. And so the number is in the thousands.

The facts are Muslims are the ones responsible for the hate, racism and violence, and not just in the UK, but across Europe. This mirrors the backwards nature of Muslim majority countries, which without exception are backwards, regressive, violent and filled with hate for women, gays and non muslims.

i'm muslim, the majority of my friends are non muslim. i have no hate towards gays, or non muslims and i dont experience any type of hate as a woman from my religion. You clearly think what the media represents is islam, but it isnt.

The police offer who died in Paris was muslim, is that a news story about muslims you just want to forget? You pick and choose what you want to know about muslims.
The majority of muslim countries are regressive and backwards correct, thats not the fault of islam; its the oppressive power hungry rulers.
Reply 16
no it will be dangerous for the non muslims

Where the hell did you get that number from?

There aren't even that many kids in care in Rotherham, and given it was care kids they were targeting that seems very unrealistic. Even the right wing media state 'as many as'. Social services believe it to be far lower.

How about the fact Muslims people in schools and on the street re increasingly being attacked.I guess that's probably justified to you? Because you, clearly the actions of a few are the fault of Muslim schoolchildren.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/british-muslim-school-children-suffering-a-backlash-of-abuse-following-paris-attacks-9999393.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Do you think there will be a point where Muslims will be attacked on a wide scale across the UK. Similar to how Jews were attacked in Germany?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, never expected so much blatant ignorance and hate towards a diverse multifaceted group of people outside of America. Congratulations, you sound just as out of touch as the US: pigeon holing 1.5 billion people into the same Fanatical Extremist category.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending