The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London College of Fashion- BSc Advanced Beauty Technology

Hello :smile:

I sent off my application for BSc Advanced Beauty Technology at London College of Fashion last week. Is anyone else applying for this course? Or any other course at LCF?

Charlie

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charliiewood
Hello :smile:

I sent off my application for BSc Advanced Beauty Technology at London College of Fashion last week. Is anyone else applying for this course? Or any other course at LCF?

Charlie

Hey Charlie
I've applied for the same course at LCF 😁 Have you heard anything back from them?

Safoora
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Safoora.hussain
Hey Charlie
I've applied for the same course at LCF ������ Have you heard anything back from them?

Safoora

Hey:smile:

All I've had is an email saying interviews are probably going to be held in the last week of February and that you are usually given 2 weeks notice ahead of the interview date :smile: Which is quite short notice really!
Hey :smile:

I applied back in November and didn't hear anything until before Christmas. Then in January they emailed me again saying interviews will be held the last week of January. I am so glad you've started a thread about it, because I haven't heard of anybody else starting the course.

Marina x
Original post by MarinaMaytum
Hey :smile:

I applied back in November and didn't hear anything until before Christmas. Then in January they emailed me again saying interviews will be held the last week of January. I am so glad you've started a thread about it, because I haven't heard of anybody else starting the course.

Marina x

Hey me too! I thought no one else would apply because it's a new course and subject to validation!
I'm completely new to this so I have no idea if I'm using it right lol. Where else did you both apply too?
Do you both have instagram? That's the only social network site I use!
I'm completely new to this so I have no idea if I'm using it right lol. Where else did you both apply too?
Do you both have instagram? That's the only social network site I use!

Haha so am I. This site is really useful though! I applied at University of Derby for International Spa Management, UCB for beauty management and I'm waiting for 2 more offers. And I have Insta and Twitter 😄 @Sxffy_
Awesome! I applied to Derby, Birmingham, Bedford, Newcastle.. But I am really hoping for UAL. That would definitely be my first choice. I've had offers from all of them except waiting to hear from Bedford and UAL for an interview date. What uni are you hoping for?
I deactivated Facebook and Twitter last year! I've only just got back a new instagram. I'll probably re-activate it all when I go to uni though. X
Awesome! I applied to Derby, Birmingham, Bedford, Newcastle.. But I am really hoping for UAL. That would definitely be my first choice. I've had offers from all of them except waiting to hear from Bedford and UAL for an interview date. What uni are you hoping for?
I deactivated Facebook and Twitter last year! I've only just got back a new instagram. I'll probably re-activate it all when I go to uni though. X

UAL is definitely my first choice aswell. I really want to move out of the West Midlands and the course at UAL is the only one that fits with my career aspirations. What are you studying btw? I'm currently studying Beauty Therapy Level 3 X
Yes me too! That course is by far the best suited to myself. I'm really interested in the Aesthetics side especially. Did you go to the open day?? How amazing our location would be literally on Oxford Circus!!
I'm currently working as a beauty therapist, whilst studying the Beauty Therapy Level 3 at Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty.
I applied for the placement year abroad, did you?? x
Yes me too! That course is by far the best suited to myself. I'm really interested in the Aesthetics side especially. Did you go to the open day?? How amazing our location would be literally on Oxford Circus!!
I'm currently working as a beauty therapist, whilst studying the Beauty Therapy Level 3 at Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty.
I applied for the placement year abroad, did you?? x

Me too! No unfortunately I couldn't make it 😶 How was it? Did you meet the course leader? And I know right! I definitely need to go to London soon and adjust to the surroundings. Birmingham is so small. My mother is still skeptical about me wanting to move away 😂 and oooo that's interesting. And no I applied for the 3 year one x
Yeah the course leader seem nice, Yvonne seemed especially friendly (I think that was her name lol). Are you not familiar with London?? It will be a fabulous experience! Have any of your siblings moved away? My brother and sister are both in London and have both gone to uni, so I think my mums ok with it ...despite me being her baby haha. Plus London is pretty close.
Are you going to live in Halls for your first year? x
Yeah the course leader seem nice, Yvonne seemed especially friendly (I think that was her name lol). Are you not familiar with London?? It will be a fabulous experience! Have any of your siblings moved away? My brother and sister are both in London and have both gone to uni, so I think my mums ok with it ...despite me being her baby haha. Plus London is pretty close.
Are you going to live in Halls for your first year? x

Nope not really! I'll be the first sibling/grandchild to move away 😁 My mums okay with me going to Derby though because it's only 40 minutes on the train. And yeah I am wbu? x
I'm so glad you two have replied haha! I thought because it was a new course then loads of people would have applied :smile: I've only applied for the course at UAL as it's the only one I found that integrates practical beauty techniques and the management side, and also has a placement year :smile: Plus I LOVE London and don't really have a huge desire to live in any other city :biggrin:

I'd definitely be living in halls for the first year, some of them look amazing!
My brother travels to Derby a lot for his job and he says the place itself isn't that great. I personally think London is the best place to be and course looks excellent.
The halls look lovely, but some seem so expensive!! The costume store hall are gorgeous! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
My brother travels to Derby a lot for his job and he says the place itself isn't that great. I personally think London is the best place to be and course looks excellent.
The halls look lovely, but some seem so expensive!! The costume store hall are gorgeous! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they're expensive but I guess you have to pay for the luxury of living in London :biggrin: My 3 favourites that are relatively near Oxford Circus are the Costume Store, Pure Highbury and Woodland House, I'd prefer the Costume Store though cause it looks so unreal!

I wish I'd applied earlier now though cause I noticed you were told interviews would be held in the last week or January and they said the last week of February to me, must be because I applied later, I hope I still have a good chance x
Original post by charliiewood
Yeah they're expensive but I guess you have to pay for the luxury of living in London :biggrin: My 3 favourites that are relatively near Oxford Circus are the Costume Store, Pure Highbury and Woodland House, I'd prefer the Costume Store though cause it looks so unreal!

I wish I'd applied earlier now though cause I noticed you were told interviews would be held in the last week or January and they said the last week of February to me, must be because I applied later, I hope I still have a good chance x

They said last week of February to me too! X
Original post by Safoora.hussain
They said last week of February to me too! X

Oh good! Hope we all get one :smile: x
Did I say last week of January? I meant last week of February! But they emailed me that early January and I've just been waiting for a date ever since.
I am so nervous about the interview!

Definitely agree about halls! Id like to be in a nice, but central place. At the open day they said its first come first served for halls applicants xx
Did I say last week of January? I meant last week of February! But they emailed me that early January and I've just been waiting for a date ever since.
I am so nervous about the interview!

Definitely agree about halls! Id like to be in a nice, but central place. At the open day they said its first come first served for halls applicants xx

Ohh right they must be all in the last week of February then :smile: If they stick by what they said and give us 2 weeks notice beforehand then we should be finding out the week after next!

And from what I looked at there's a few that are quite central but they're not that nice, The Costume Store etc is still pretty close though I think. Yeah I think you pretty much have to pay the deposit as soon as you get an offer to secure a place! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending